HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gregg the Obscure: I’ve been reading Fr. Z’s blog for many years. This is one of the best posts to date along with the audiopost about Gaudet Mater Ecclesia.
- Jonathan Marshall: “It was no life for the faint-hear ted, the timid or the too gentle, or the openly sensitive& #8221; – but that’ ;s just what it has become in the last 50 years....
- rtattersall: Mass against pagans? It was reparation s and adoration against Satanists last night here in Ottawa. Our Archbishop and several priests led prayers on the steps of Notre Dame Basili...
- Semper Gumby: A Chuck Norris meme. When Chuck Norris attends a feminist rally he comes back with his shirt ironed and a sandwich.
- Richard A: I loved the younger white guy defending Father, and the younger white woman trying to get that older woman to tone it down after Mass. And then a group of old white folks singing ̶...
- MitisVis: You may also want to look at Ghostery as some extra control of unwanted meddling. I also use Win7 and many other OS’s
- rollingrj: As a reminder, Romano Guardini devoted separate chapters of “The Spirit Of The Liturgy 221; to both the work (The Seriousnes s…) and play (The Playfulnes s…) invol...
- Scott Woltze: Many local faithful went to the morning mass at St. Francis today to support Fr. George, and it was a beautiful mass. Fr. George is an exceptiona l priest: very reverent, devout,...
- Charles E Flynn: We must maintain the infrastruc ture of these parishes, in case they get recaptured by Catholics.
- RK3: Right on, Fr. Z. Parishes and dioceses should be looking to the future and planning towards maintainin g parishes and dioceses when the money pits dry up. Don’ t forget, too, that most...
- Richard A: Surely not on Friday!
- GrumpyYoungMan: Diocesan TLM. The ordinary way to receive God’ s mercy is through sacramenta l confession .
- ChesterFrank: The Mass of all the Ages becomes the Mass of all the Aged. If you don’ t like something have a spittle flecked nutty, that was the lesson to the following generation s. Maybe I...
- JTH: Bishop Emeritus: Through all the tumult we face today, remember to love one another.
- Semper Gumby: A friend has pointed out a problemati c excerpt in an article titled “How to Think Like a Terrorist& #8221; by the excellent John Zmirak: “An act of terror is one that...
- Les Buissonets: Readers who enjoy ‘Gra ndmother and the Priests 217;/̵ 7;To See the Glory̵ 7; might also like the same authorR 17;s ‘The Man who Listens 217; and its...
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson: I would offer to appoint as pastor any priest who has been ordained from this community in the last 20 years.
- Semper Gumby: A friend has remarked on an article from several days ago by the excellent Bradley Birzer. Unfortunat ely, the “Hor rors of Modern Public Opinion 221; apparently relies on a...
- Kerry: …and the Thermians from the Klaatu nebula lower their faces, “Tho se poor peopleR 21;.
- Semper Gumby: If I could continue the theme here, another recommende d book is James Turner Johnson 217;s “The War to Oust Saddam Hussein: Just War and the New Face of Conflict.& #8221;
- Peter Stuart: This struggling SSA’ s dollars go with him to the SSPX, without which who knows where I’d be.
- Semper Gumby: A helpful Ask Father. Thanks to Fr. Z and reader. On the Crusades see Thomas MaddenR 17;s books and Rodney Stark̵ 7;s “God ’s Battalions : The Case for the Crusad...
- Kathleen10: We can keep the beautiful churches, all the lovely grounds and beautiful artifacts of our faith, but we have to keep the same men in charge we have now, and we know we are suffer...
- Philmont237: My understand ing is that a scapular has to e worn “over the shoulder so that one part hangs over your chest and the other side hangs over the back. However, that’s how an IOTV is...
- TonyO: Who, what, is going to provide the wallop providing the ecclesiast ical wake-up call? We appear to be on a terrible jag, and another cocktail will not do the trick. I am unable to imagine...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
- ASK FATHER: Was I automatically excommunicated?
- Fr. Murray makes a point – VIDEO
- Great. Just… great! Another thing to worry about.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: liturgical abuse
From a seminarian… QUAERITUR: Thank you very much for everything you do on this blog. I am a seminarian and an avid reader of this blog. My seminary is orthodox, but these are difficult times in the Church and it … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: “Priest screws around with order of Mass. Should I mind my own business?” @FatherZ rants, advises.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Our priest always reverses the order of the peace and the fraction. Specifically, he observes the following order: Our Father, embolism, doxology. Prayer for the peace of Christ. Fraction and commingling. Exchange of peace. Agnus Dei. … Continue reading
From a reader… At mass on Sunday, after the congregation stood for the Gospel, the pastor asked us all to sit because he was going to combine his sermon with the Gospel. The best way to describe it is to … Continue reading
We have to get serious about our sacred liturgical worship. Every initiative we undertake in the Church must begin in worship and come back to worship. If our liturgical worship is screwed up, nothing else will work correctly. From Fr. … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When I attend Mass in the Ordinary Form, the priest sometimes illicitly modifies the texts or even makes up his own prayers. Is it sinful for me to silently pray along with the priest or to answer “amen”? Does … Continue reading
This was sent by a priest friend. “OUCH!” doesn’t quite capture my reaction. Let me preface your viewing by saying that the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite is not susceptible to this sort of madness. BTW… the real … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I was serving at Mass in the OF today, and before Mass, my priest approached me and told me that, when crossing from one side of the altar to the other, I was not to go to the … Continue reading
UPDATE 29 Dec: It seems that the priest involved has been involved with his diocese in this matter HERE. There is also an article in a local paper which explains the fallout. HERE In short, Father is sorry that he … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Our Pastor has started a practice that makes me deeply uncomfortable. Typically, the first weekend of the month after the announcements, anyone with a special day (birthday, anniversary, etc.) is asked to stand up to receive … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERTUR: While out of town we attended a Redemptorist ____. They had a visiting priest from “Food for the Poor. He began the Mass as if he were a Baptist preacher making us all say “Amen” several times until … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: On Friday, my family and I arrived at Mass (NO) a few minutes early and took our usual places. When Mass was about to begin, a Sister (non-identifiable) came out to announce that the priest was running a few … Continue reading
Some veteran readers here know about my annual rant about BLUE vestments during Advent. Lest all other Advent considerations – such as the coming of the Lord – be overshadowed, herein I rant. I believe this dopey liturgical abuse is … Continue reading
This was a Swiss/German liturgical production from 2012. The video was just brought to my attention. The worst liturgical sacrileges I have seen in recent times are perpetrated by German speakers. If they puff up in high dudgeon about renovating … Continue reading
I saw a great post about the motives of liturgical abuse at the blog Waiting For Godot To Leave (fun title). Here is some of it. See the rest there. My emphases and comments: The Precision of Abuse – Liturgical and … Continue reading
From a reader: After the Gospel, one of our priests pronounces the acclamation by saying “The Gospel, the good news, of the Lord.” It has been quite distracting for me personally when he does this because it is not the … Continue reading