Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Father G said Deo gratias! How happy I am to read the update!
- Uxixu said Ah dear Reverend Fr Jim conveniently ignores how s...
- Uxixu said @suedusek On that same line of thought, I wonder i...
- suedusek said I suppose we should trust that the consecrated hos...
- bj said Wonderful news, Grateful to be Catholic!
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis has called the family of James Foley:...
- Grateful to be Catholic said The Archbishop won! The satanist has agreed to gi...
- Marissa said I can’t remember who the story was about ...
- JesusFreak84 said I want to read the other books in the series (R...
- Ichabod said As an aside, Fr. Finigan says, “After explai...
- Kathleen10 said There is no way to protect Jesus from priests who...
- Uxixu said @Charlie Cahill: “I think the only way that...
- Ave Crux said for Philippa Martyr: It’s amusing that one c...
- TWF said Fr. Jim, Communion on the tongue is much more wide...
- Ave Crux said I went to see this movie last night because of it&...
- KM Edwards said @gracie “Think of lending your lawnmower to...
- KM Edwards said @gracie “Think of lending your lawnmower to...
- KM Edwards said You can (and I am encouraging you) all sign a publ...
- JBS said I personally know of two past instances of the Vat...
- wmeyer said I remain happily anachronistic, frjim, and I see m...
- VexillaRegis said Dear tradcathwife, I’m so sorry for you. I...
- frjim4321 said What a disgusting and horrifying development this...
- MAJ Tony said I think the whole case here rests on fraudulent re...
- frjim4321 said Very clever approach. I will be hopeful that thi...
- MAJ Tony said Mr. Foley, RIP, was imbedded with our brigade comb...
- Charlie Cahill said Reintroducing communion on the tongue would not so...
- wmeyer said Adam Daniels, according to an article on Women of...
- kevinm said I lit a candle at Mass today for the intentions on...
- gracie said I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see this...
- Magash said I have seen this statement on abortion in the Unit...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: liturgy
Here is this week’s Collect, for the 6th Sunday of Easter:
Fac nos, omnipotens Deus, hos laetitiae dies, quos in honorem Domini resurgentis exsequimur, affectu sedulo celebrare, ut quod recordatione percurrimus semper in opere teneamus.
This is glued together from bits and … Continue reading
UPDATE: PRE-ORDER ends soon. Release date 5 May!
Ignatius Press has collected into one volume all of Joseph Ratzinger’s works on liturgy.
It is available for PRE-ORDER at a reduced price. Hardcover for $26.38 rather than $34.95 (25% off). Click HERE
Joseph Ratzinger-Collected … Continue reading
Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. The Sacred Triduum (triduum from tres dies – “three day space”) were once days of obligation when people were freed from servile work so that they could attend the liturgies, once celebrated … Continue reading
Traditionally this upcoming Sunday is called First Passion Sunday or First Sunday of the Passion. “Passiontide” begins.
It is also known as Iudica Sunday, from the first word of the Introit of Mass (from Ps 42/41), and sometimes Repus (from repositus … Continue reading
A little while ago, a priest of the Diocese of Brentwood (UK), Fr. Michael Butler – director of the diocesan commission for liturgy, sent a letter to the priests of that diocese, and to the über-liberal, dissident weekly publication The … Continue reading
Readers of Protect the Pope have informed us that Bishop Thomas McMahon has acted decisively against Fr Butler’s letter advocating that they abandon the revised Roman Missal by writing to the priests of Brentwood diocese to refute his arguments and … Continue reading
In the ancient Western Church and in the East, Epiphany was more important than the relative latecomer Christmas. Epiphany is from the Greek word for a divine “manifestation” or “revelation”. There are many “epiphanies” of God in the Scripture. Think, … Continue reading
Around here we say:
Save The Liturgy – Save The World
The Eucharist, its celebration and itself as the extraordinary Sacrament, is the “source and summit of Christian life”.
If we really believe that, then we must also hold that what we do in church, what … Continue reading
This may make your eyes and ears bleed. No. Really.
It is hard to know how to react to this. I have so many thoughts and emotions at once.
I think what you are going to see is not part of a … Continue reading
There is an especially awful story about clergy in Rome circulating right now.
Once upon a time, I was walking under the colonnade of St. Peter’s Square with an especially well-placed curial official, nay rather, institution.
I asked him if it were … Continue reading