Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- RAve said My comment above is not in the spirit of this wond...
- RAve said Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony Please come around Yo...
- JonPatrick said I think this only applies in the context of the Ex...
- JonPatrick said I don’t thunk there is anything intrinsic ab...
- Sarochka said Great comment, Tony! It really all comes down to t...
- Tony Phillips said Well, it’s one person’s experience. I...
- Tony Phillips said I thought you were only allowed to punch someone i...
- Animadversor said What? Not “omnino est aliud“?
- Sarochka said That is fabulous. It is the truth spoken through e...
- Phil_NL said Makes one wonder how many choirs and deacons are n...
- CharlesG said Surely the two choirs sing the antiphons antiphona...
- iamlucky13 said It turns out you’re NOT supposed to hit back...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said ppb says: While I certainly think it is wrong for...
- AVL said I wonder if this is leading up to a showdown betwe...
- guans said “Everyone must tolerate and accept deviant l...
- Gail F said “CELEBRATE DAMN IT! WE ARE AN EASTER PEOPLE!” R...
- visigrad said Archbishop Cordileone is a courageous man. He has...
- Charles E Flynn said If the testimony regarding the apparitions ?at Lou...
- James in Perth said The visiting priest made an interesting point abou...
- iPadre said This is the rigid arrogance that the Holy Father i...
- jameeka said Thank you Siculum. Father Z, I think Our Lady of t...
- Legisperitus said The science is settled, Nancy.
- Charles E Flynn said I recall that in the early 1970s when I filed a gr...
- Geoffrey said This is ludicrous. When will people finally unders...
- chonak said The next line after the passage which Cdl. Marx qu...
- Fr_Sotelo said I get the impression that the employer requires th...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Although his words were true, Abp. Cordileone̵...
- MarylandBill said I think the writer’s objection is not that t...
- Athelstan said P.S. I wonder if the employer here imposes the sam...
- Athelstan said Traductora, First of all, I don’t understand why t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: liturgy
Here is a 5-minute, daily podcast to help you observe the Octave of Christmas.
Today is Wednesday in the Octave of Christmas. Sorry, but I am posting this a bit late in the day. Busy time! This is … Continue reading
From a reader…
I know some priests who pray all the Hours of the divine office at a particular time…for example:
There is this priest who went out for an important trip..he probably didn’t have any free time in the evening so … Continue reading
Here is this week’s Collect, for the 6th Sunday of Easter:
Fac nos, omnipotens Deus, hos laetitiae dies, quos in honorem Domini resurgentis exsequimur, affectu sedulo celebrare, ut quod recordatione percurrimus semper in opere teneamus.
This is glued together from bits and … Continue reading
UPDATE: PRE-ORDER ends soon. Release date 5 May!
Ignatius Press has collected into one volume all of Joseph Ratzinger’s works on liturgy.
It is available for PRE-ORDER at a reduced price. Hardcover for $26.38 rather than $34.95 (25% off). Click HERE
Joseph Ratzinger-Collected … Continue reading
Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. The Sacred Triduum (triduum from tres dies – “three day space”) were once days of obligation when people were freed from servile work so that they could attend the liturgies, once celebrated … Continue reading
Traditionally this upcoming Sunday is called First Passion Sunday or First Sunday of the Passion. “Passiontide” begins.
It is also known as Iudica Sunday, from the first word of the Introit of Mass (from Ps 42/41), and sometimes Repus (from repositus … Continue reading
A little while ago, a priest of the Diocese of Brentwood (UK), Fr. Michael Butler – director of the diocesan commission for liturgy, sent a letter to the priests of that diocese, and to the über-liberal, dissident weekly publication The … Continue reading
Readers of Protect the Pope have informed us that Bishop Thomas McMahon has acted decisively against Fr Butler’s letter advocating that they abandon the revised Roman Missal by writing to the priests of Brentwood diocese to refute his arguments and … Continue reading
In the ancient Western Church and in the East, Epiphany was more important than the relative latecomer Christmas. Epiphany is from the Greek word for a divine “manifestation” or “revelation”. There are many “epiphanies” of God in the Scripture. Think, … Continue reading
Around here we say:
Save The Liturgy – Save The World
The Eucharist, its celebration and itself as the extraordinary Sacrament, is the “source and summit of Christian life”.
If we really believe that, then we must also hold that what we do in church, what … Continue reading