Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Ray said The saddest fact is that she won her last election...
- SKAY said Pelosi was quoting representatives from Qatar. T...
- Flannery O’Connor, Fifty Years After - BigPulpit.com said [...] Its Own Faith – T. Mattingly 6 Tools f...
- TheDude05 said The problem as I see it is of perspective. They l...
- Massachusetts Catholic said @Lepidus You said you discussed Hell with a perso...
- tcreek said The best thing that should come out of the Synod i...
- CradleRevert said @CrimsonCatholic – I certainly don’t d...
- MAJ Tony said From all that I have read, here (especially) and t...
- CrimsonCatholic said @Cradlerevert- Because Hamas is a terrorist organi...
- Sam Schmitt said Wow – how many cliches can dance on the head...
- Venerator Sti Lot said There are, of course, quite a variety of Oxford me...
- JesusFreak84 said Am I the only one who’s become so cynical at...
- CradleRevert said I don’t understand why so many conservatives...
- Kathleen10 said ElizabethD, you’ve done it again. I hope y...
- Legisperitus said ray from mn: Couldn’t be worse.
- CrimsonCatholic said @Father Z and everybody, did you hear about Mosab...
- JesusFreak84 said There are no words…
- Johnno said There is not a doubt in my mind that Francis and t...
- Sonshine135 said Lee F. These people do not go to the nearest Prote...
- JustaSinner said Father Z, I’ll say a prayer for Mary Ann McC...
- Legisperitus said rollingrj: I’ve long been inclined to imagi...
- robtbrown said cdet1997 says: But when discussing sex, the deepe...
- Sonshine135 said Countries fight back when they are being invaded b...
- profling said A couple of issues with this piece. First, there i...
- ray from mn said Do you think she will look good in a burkah?
- Navarricano said Lepidus: I have to agree with Fr. Z here; I think...
- Andrew D said This latest idiotic statement by Pelosi is not gro...
- JonPatrick said I will be glad when this Synod is over. The best t...
- jacobi said This Synod was a bad idea from the start. It was a...
- jacobi said This Synod was a bad idea from the start. It was...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- 31 July: St. Ignatius of Loyola – Of the Church Militant and book shredding
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: London
Those of you in London and environs should keep in mind participating in “Spirit in the City“!
I am happy to plug this especially because of the involvement of the outstanding parish of my friend Fr. Sherbrooke of St. Patrick’s on … Continue reading
I picked this up from Marco Tossati at Vatican Insider - in Italian – about the homosexual Masses being celebrated in London in the Soho district at the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption and Saint Gregory (not at St. Patrick’s on … Continue reading
Although I transferred the flag to Rome this morning at Oh-Dark-Hundred…
… I wanted to catch up with the few pics and news about what has been going on.
On Sunday, after some time with Fr. Finigan at Blackfen, we went off … Continue reading
Pork dumplings in hot soup! That red is indeed suggestive of the flavors. The green is cilantro. Excellent. Whew!
The Jasmine tea is very good.
There is something in this soup I can’t put my finger on (lest it melt off). It … Continue reading
After resolving the necessary prayers this morning, I helped with Communion at Mass (no EMHCs here!), said Mass, had lunch with the parish priest, sang Vespers in choro at the Brompton Oratory, and am now at the Globe Theatre waiting … Continue reading
There is going to be a meeting of The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma (a Catholic bloggers guild) at the Brompton Oratory, St Wilfred’s Chapel at 10.30am on 15 September.
God willing, I will be there.
For more on this see the blog Linen … Continue reading
I saw at the blog Linen By The Hedgerow that there is going to be a meeting of The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma (a bloggers guild) at the Brompton Oratory, St Wilfred’s Chapel at 10.30am on 15th September.
In one of … Continue reading
I haven’t posted much in the line of photos from the London trip so far. Here are a few.
From Brompton Oratory.
Rabbit at Racine after Mass, where I meet a nice family I met with Fr. Trigilio in the USA.
I watched … Continue reading
The 6:30 Mass at Maiden Lane, for HM the Queen, is on, but I am not liturgically involved. Do take in the Mass and gain its benefits. I will head to the Coal Hole either way, aiming at about … Continue reading