- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Hank Igitur said “Upspeak” indicates a request for appr...
- bernadettem said Every Ordinariate priest I know wears a cassock wh...
- JacobWall said We are all language chameleons. By nature, langua...
- Alex S. said The size of their sample group was twenty three pe...
- The Sicilian Woman said I upchuck at the thought of uptalk.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan, I will believe those days have gone by when...
- av8er said Our pastor has a “style” to deliver a...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, I know the Archbishop of whom y...
- av8er said The new priest assigned to the base chapel where I...
- majuscule said This is, like, something I’ve been aware of...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan The married priesthood has nothing to do wit...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, it actually isn’t suppres...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Our sermon today was on the dogma of the Immaculat...
- Christine Niles said I like your hypothetical responses to this deacon,...
- Patrick L. said Listened. Thanks, Father.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan What I take issue with is that there are peo...
- AgricolaDeHammo said Hmm I just learned something new! I only learned t...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan, When the Vatican suppresses married men fro...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, Seriously? Do you forget that i...
- Nancy D. said http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-pl...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, it is pretty clear that since t...
- Mr. Green said I agree with Lori Pieper and others that Shaw̵...
- Joe of St Thérèse said When I went to the TLM at St Therese in Alhambra,...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Uxixu It is not enforced because to do so would...
- Joe of St Thérèse said I’m with you subdeacon Joseph…let us n...
- Uxixu said @Subdeacon No need to be so defensive as context...
- tzard said This is case of someone being a busybody. It sho...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “De gustibus non disputandum” (with va...
- Philmont237 said My dad (a newly ordained permement deacon) gave hi...
- Subdeacon Joseph said I am a married priest who always wears the cassock...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Los Angeles
In the combox under a different entry, one of the participants here posted a link to a video that wasn’t perfectly relevant to the topic, but… I can’t resist sharing it with a wider audience.
Keep in mind that the Latin … Continue reading
During my London sojourn, several people have asked me about the state of the Church in the USA, and have usually also added a query about how Archbishop Gomez of Los Angeles is doing.
Here is a story from CNA:
Los Angeles, … Continue reading
Oddly, I wasn’t invited to speak at the Three Days of Darkness in L.A., which transpired (I guess) over the weekend.
I am talking, of course, about the annual religious education circus … confab … conference.
With a new Archbishop in place, you would think … Continue reading
I think we are going to see a lot more of this.
Calif. parish pledges to rebuild after arsonist destroys church
By Kevin J. Jones
Los Angeles, Calif., Apr 20, 2011 / 06:02 am (CNA).- Parishioners at St. John Vianney are determined … Continue reading
I have been posting some liturgical compare and contrast pictures and videos lately. Some readers have taken me to task for being unfair by posting images that are great when traditional, really nasty when liberal.
Fine. Let’s try this again.
Yesterday we … Continue reading
This is something we all knew had to be the case. From Newsbusters.
My emphases :
Where’s the Media? L.A. Att’y Declares Many Abuse Accusations Against Catholic Priests Are ‘Entirely False’
By Dave Pierre
In a stunning ten-page declaration recently submitted to the Los … Continue reading
I have several e-mails right in my in-box this morning about a Coadjutor for Los Angeles.
Roger Card. Mahony has been Archbishop of Los Angeles seemingly forever.
On 27 February, His Eminence will turn 74 years old.
He was made Archbishop of … Continue reading