HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- glennbcnu: Just curious if there are laws in the USA for the disturbanc e of a religious service? In Canada those disrupting a service can be charged under section 176 (2) of the Criminal Code of...
- HvonBlumenthal: I am remindedof the story of Alexander, patriarch of Alexandria who overheard some boys playing at baptism on the beach below his window. He went down to investigat e and found that...
- GHP: Never heard of this book before, but reading your snippet caused me to search it out. Found it used on Abebooks.c om for $10.50. There were more available. I look forward to reading it,...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): It has to be a lot more fun to play TLM than Novus Ordo.
- TonyO: In 2011 when the new GIRM and revised Translatio n came out, the CCCB issued directives that the congregati on remain standing after communion until the last person receives as a sign of...
- Taryn: Caldwell’s Pillar of Iron (a novel centering around Cicero) was fantastic.
- CaliCatholicGuy: 20th Sunday in Ordinary Time. Father preached on the gospel – Jesus coming to set the world ablaze and setting mother against daughter, 3 against 2 etc… Father said if...
- Fr_Sotelo: RK3, Your post is thoughtful , realistic advice.
- The Cobbler: “I 8217;ve been here fifteen years, you’ ve been here one year!̶ 1; Xenophobia . Off to the reeducatio n camps with these “adv ocatesR 21;!
- Fr_Sotelo: The Nigerian priest is a paragon of priestly virtue, especially pastoral solicitude . He gave the ill mannered rabble no ammunition by which they could validate their behavior. Inste...
- andia: I also live in this diocese-an d yes we’ve had 18 months of bombshells HOWEVER it should come as no surprise that this person is resigning since in his first paragraph he not only admits,...
- NancyP: Our newly-orda ined associate pastor gave a great homily about the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Christ sets the world on fire for His mission through the Eucharist. He divides...
- iPadre: My sermon for both OF and EF was the same. I talked about the Pew Research Center poll results and challenged everyone to kneel and receive Holy Communion on the tongue. We need to be...
- Volanges: Sadly, it seems that this problem was decades in the making and no one has tried to correct it until now. If they’ ;ve been told since 1970 that they run the parish (not an uncom...
- Gaetano: Perhaps some of those funds people have withheld from their local diocese could make their way to this parish as a sign of support. Prayers are great, but money keeps the lights on and the...
- TonyO: The point of the standing in line remark is that communican ts are supposed to be free to go whenever they like, and that anyone not going to receive should be free to keep his knees planted...
- Tito Edwards: You may want to try using the Brave browser. It uses the same engine as Chrome, ie, Chromium, so you can transfer all of your bookmarks & passwords over without a hitch. And they...
- Toan: Let’ s say your perish is good, but your diocese is not good. I hear that the diocese requires perishes to tithe 10% or so on offertory collection s generally. I have also heard,...
- Tito Edwards: Bishop Barron is now a ‘bis hop’ & no longer a priest only. So my question is, what is going to do about it in the Archdioces e of Los Angeles. He is now in a posit...
- Hidden One: There has indeed been a massive failure of catechesis … liturgical catechesis , in particular . I accept my share in the collective responsibi lity to fix it.
- Hidden One: Dr. Esolen, if you’ re reading this, consider kneeling for Communion next time. As you probably know, your former bishopR 11;now administra tor– is a rule-respe cting...
- Hidden One: Did Christ get off the Cross and walk away because of the state of the Jewish people? That points to the major flaw I find with Mr. ParisiR 17;s courageous letter.
- bibi1003: I prayed to St. Michael the Archangel for all of you who walked down to the bar yesterday. I also prayed for the protection of all of Ottawa. May God bless and shield you.
- HeatherPA: Satire aside, this is… just so deeply, embarrassi ngly awful. That woman with her sign, attempting to interrupt Holy Mass with her garbled baying. What? Does she truly in her heart...
- Gregg the Obscure: I’ve been reading Fr. Z’s blog for many years. This is one of the best posts to date along with the audiopost about Gaudet Mater Ecclesia.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
- ASK FATHER: Was I automatically excommunicated?
- Fr. Murray makes a point – VIDEO
- Great. Just… great! Another thing to worry about.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: lunar eclipse
Here is a beautiful photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day. HERE HDR: Earth’s Circular Shadow on the Moon Image Credit & Copyright: Cristian Fattinnanzi Explanation: What could create such a large circular shadow on the Moon? The Earth. Last week’s full … Continue reading
Tonight… for a lot of you. Alas, I won’t be able to view it. Rats. I would have loved to see this thing against the background of downtown Tokyo, where I am as I write. We have a Super-Wolf-Blood Moon. … Continue reading
On a far happier note, from SpaceWeather and from APOD come astronomical notes of interest. First, APOD says that Mars is in opposition. This mean that the entire planet is lined up against liberals, in a kind of solar systemic … Continue reading
This is from SpaceWeather: BLUE MOON LUNAR ECLIPSE: On Wednesday, Jan. 31st, the second full Moon of January will pass through Earth’s shadow, producing a rare “Blue Moon Lunar Eclipse.” The Moon won’t look blue, however. Researchers are predicting a … Continue reading
I returned from Tokyo tonight to find the famous annihilation SHTF TEOTWAWKI moon going on. First, I went to a “bachelor party” of sorts for a young fellow who contributes to Gregorian chant here in the Diocese of the Extraordinary … Continue reading
From Spaceweather: SUPERMOON ECLIPSE: This weekend’s full Moon is a supermoon, the biggest and brightest full Moon of the year. And it is going to be eclipsed. On Sunday evening, Sept. 27th, the supermoon will pass through the shadow of Earth, … Continue reading
Of eclipses twice have I written lately. HERE and HERE The first post was about the lunar cycle called a “tetrad”. The second was about the lunar eclipse visible in Jerusalem at the time Christ died, and the resulting solar … Continue reading
On 4 April we will see the THIRD BLOOD MOON OF THE TETRAD! In time for the Vigil. The next total lunar eclipse, the 4th Blood moon of the Tetrad, will be 28 September. Four BLOOD MOONS in ONE TETRAD. … Continue reading
For your information: Space Weather News for Oct. 7, 2014 http://spaceweather.com TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE MOON: The Moon is about to pass through the shadow of Earth, producing a colorful lunar eclipse. Sky watchers in the Americas, Australia, Pacific islands … Continue reading
Just to remind us of who we are and who we are not, this is from SpaceWeather: Space Weather News for Oct. 18, 2013 http://spaceweather.com FAINT LUNAR ECLIPSE: On the night of Oct. 18th, the full Hunter’s Moon will pass … Continue reading
Yesterday (and early today) was the super rare Transit of Venus, but a while back there was a spiffing eclipse of the Moon. Here is a great photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day, of said eclipse over Cody, WY, … Continue reading
From Space Weather: LUNAR ECLIPSE: On June 4th, the full Moon will pass through the shadow of Earth, producing a partial lunar eclipse visible across the Pacific side of our planet. The eclipse zone stretches from east Asia to central … Continue reading
There is a very cool pic on Astronomy Pic of the Day. There was recently a lunar eclipse. I missed it because I was in Florida where it rained for about 4 solid days without CEASING. But that’s another story. … Continue reading
Perpend and be amazed. With the help of APOD. And read here. Sometime after sunset tonight, [The eclipse begins on Tuesday morning, Dec. 21st, at 1:33 am EST (Monday, Dec. 20th, at 10:33 pm PST)] the Moon will go dark. … Continue reading