- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- robtbrown said Uxixu, What I have described is the life of a cler...
- robtbrown said Nan, 1&2. Note that I See my other suggestion...
- TomD said “At the same time, no economic system, free...
- Henry Edwards said Iowapapist: “I wore cassocks as an altar boy...
- BLB Oregon said <> Uptalk may be a way to achieve a dumbed-d...
- Gail F said I do not understand the USCCB’s support for...
- tcreek said My post above noted that 45,000 Americans receive...
- norancor said Priests, wear your cassocks! Father, Just for the...
- Nan said @robtbrown, I see a couple of problems with your s...
- Supertradmum said Well, it would be helpful to see yet another pope&...
- iowapapist said Teejay329: I wore cassocks as an altar boy (before...
- JLCG said Naturally an embryo does not become a man if it is...
- Uxixu said @robtbrown You’ve basically described the pr...
- Gretchen said I think the freedom to publicly applaud the sackin...
- Supertradmum said Excellent sermon by this diocese’s vocations...
- wmeyer said Miss Anita Moore, I was probably insufficiently cl...
- Imrahil said Rev’d dear @Fr Z, thanks for that good analy...
- Dcduo said Damn it! I had been self conscious lately about my...
- tcreek said The single social issue overriding all others is f...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said wmeyer says: Miss Anita Moore, all men are sinners...
- robtbrown said Priam1184, Well, we know that the people aren...
- TomG said I think the late Irving Kristol (Bill’s dad)...
- robtbrown said DeaconAugustine, Most of the laity is polite and r...
- wmeyer said Priam1184, you appear to posit a “marketR...
- JohnW said I’m a member of a FSSP parish and our pastor...
- Elizium23 said As a receptionist in the parish office and spendin...
- Priam1184 said @wmeyer Might it be that the world we have create...
- Grabski said Pope Francis spoke quite forthrightly against abor...
- JKnott said I think Father’s explanation is very helpful...
- Sword40 said Thank you, Fr. Z for these wonderful Adventcasts....
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: magisterium of nuns
One of the stranger groups of women religious who belong to the LCWR crowd are the Sinsinawa Domincans, whose motherhouse is in southern Wisconsin, in the Diocese of Madison.
You might review my post NUNS GONE WILD for a glimpse of … Continue reading
The LCWR breaks silence for a post-assembly press release. They rejected me, but I’ll share this anyway. My emphases and comments:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Leadership Conference of Women Religious Assembly Explores the Needs of the Global Community
[Orlando, FL] At the annual assembly of … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking about the LCWR meeting, which – sadly – is in its final hours. (Have I mentioned that they rejected me?)
What greater sign that the CDF take-over is really working, and that it is game over for the … Continue reading
The inimitable Sr. Maureen Fiedler has taken it upon her broad shoulder to be spokesone for the LCWR.
We know that a past mentor of the LCWR is annoyed that Archbp. Sartain (appointed by the CDF to keep his eyes on … Continue reading
The nuns aren’t happy.
That is to say the LCWR nuns aren’t happy. All the traditional sisters are happy.
It seems that the LCWR’s Vatican Overlord is going to attend the whole of the LCWR meeting at the swanky Royale Caribe hotel … Continue reading
Sr. Kane (of “NUNS GONE WILD” fame) on Pope Francis’ feelings. Wherein Fr. Z rants and has some fun.
First, take a look HERE. This is where the Holy See posted the transcript of Pope Francis’ chat with newsies on the flight back to Rome from Rio. From what I can tell, it is the whole thing and in … Continue reading
From Seattle Times. Here is how the secular press views the bone-head BS stupid move of the Catholic Health Ass.
When you hear the words Catholic Health Association you should start thinking:
And now the news:
Catholic hospitals accept birth control compromise
In a … Continue reading
I missed this the other day. On review, it is important enough to post about.
Over at Fishwrap, the National Schismatic Reporter, there is an interview with the head of the LCWR, Sr. Florence Deacon, from 7 May, while she was … Continue reading
Here is something that I never thought I would write.
Fr. Z kudos to Jamie Manson of the National Schismatic Reporter.
One of Fishwrap‘s headliners, a darling of LCWR, the openly-lesbian, Margaret Farley-mentored Jamie Manson has sobered up about Pope Francis.
She has … Continue reading
It took them a few hours to get organized, but Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter), in its capacity of LCWR spin surrogate, has started to twist Pope Francis’s address to the UISG (HERE) into something that it is not.
Here is … Continue reading