Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Darrin said Almighty and Eternal God, You are the everlasting...
- tcreek said When Pope John Paul went to Cuba in 1998 the talk...
- excalibur said Francis is Argentinian, and with that comes a cert...
- CruceSignati said Philippa Martyr, I was asking my mom the same ques...
- Patti Day said The more I read of these “impossible”...
- Cantor said MGL – Your point is quite clear, yes. We wou...
- Dennis Martin said Strange that none of the wizards of smart writing...
- guans said Just in case you need some humor. Here is Cesar Mi...
- Christopher Hunt said Chicken, the Library of Alexandria was burned by i...
- jhayes said Regarding the frequency of receiving the Eucharist...
- jhayes said Perhaps we jump too quickly to equate objective w...
- Tina in Ashburn said Correction The Church conditionally baptized to en...
- yatzer said I know a college student who went to Cuba last yea...
- jacobi said So much of the trouble in the Church today can be...
- edwardswyco said I was baptized as a Presbyterian and my experience...
- Stephen Matthew said The Masked Chicken, Perhaps this is a case where a...
- yatzer said O’Hare gets my personal vote for least desir...
- Mike said No airport in these USA is more soul-destroying (l...
- Orphrey said Similar to Dr. William Oddie, I have been disturbe...
- Gregg the Obscure said Flying is a nasty chore. Midway airport in Chicago...
- Dcduo said It’s sound advice though. Have you ever trie...
- CAWP said Safe travels! If you’re in need of reading m...
- Latin Mass Type said All this talk (not here on this blog of course) of...
- cwillia1 said Cuba remains a vicious, totalitarian state. It may...
- jacobi said And no impromtu press conferences standing up in f...
- Sandy said When I read such an article as this, I want to sho...
- msc said Josemaria: it is the “sending”, i.e.,...
- sisu said One gets the feeling (from the Kasper, Coccopalmer...
- Prayerful said People with Che junk are either weak-minded poseur...
- Josemaria said What about the word “Mass” implies sac...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: magisterium of nuns
Sr. Jeannine Gramick has signed a letter to Pres. Obama asking that abortion be expanded throughout the world. PDF of the letter HERE. Guardian story HERE.
Sr. Gramick is, as you may recall, one of those immortalized in my post NUNS GONE … Continue reading
I have written now a couple times about the whacky fringe group of nuns, NCAN, led by the pro-abortion Sinsinawa Dominican Sr. Donna Quinn. HERE and HERE
Now I see at the National Catholic Register that Anne Carey, whose book I have … Continue reading
I’ll bet that some of you younger readers don’t know who the Viet Cong were and what they did.
They started as a tiny groups or cadres of committed Communists, insurgents, in the south of Vietnam, after the end of the … Continue reading
How tiny liberal loon crank groups provide cover and distraction for larger, more dangerous initiatives.
In Religion Dispatches which is associated with USC, Patricia Miller opines.
Who is Patricia Miller? She is described on the page:
Patricia Miller is the author of Good Catholics: The Battle Over Abortion in the Catholic Church. She has written extensively about … Continue reading
One of the stranger groups of women religious who belong to the LCWR crowd are the Sinsinawa Domincans, whose motherhouse is in southern Wisconsin, in the Diocese of Madison.
You might review my post NUNS GONE WILD for a glimpse of … Continue reading
The LCWR breaks silence for a post-assembly press release. They rejected me, but I’ll share this anyway. My emphases and comments:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Leadership Conference of Women Religious Assembly Explores the Needs of the Global Community
[Orlando, FL] At the annual assembly of … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking about the LCWR meeting, which – sadly – is in its final hours. (Have I mentioned that they rejected me?)
What greater sign that the CDF take-over is really working, and that it is game over for the … Continue reading
The inimitable Sr. Maureen Fiedler has taken it upon her broad shoulder to be spokesone for the LCWR.
We know that a past mentor of the LCWR is annoyed that Archbp. Sartain (appointed by the CDF to keep his eyes on … Continue reading
The nuns aren’t happy.
That is to say the LCWR nuns aren’t happy. All the traditional sisters are happy.
It seems that the LCWR’s Vatican Overlord is going to attend the whole of the LCWR meeting at the swanky Royale Caribe hotel … Continue reading