Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mike said “I hardly needed the plane to fly to my next...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Be at peace, Thomas S. I still remember with joy...
- SimonR said I prayed for my hero, Benedict XVI very much today...
- Thomas S said I remember this anniversary post used to elicit ...
- HighMass said “Dopo il grande Papa Giovanni Paolo II, e si...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, ” . . . it seems that many bis...
- chantgirl said God bless him. Perhaps someday he will be a saint,...
- Paulo said In my family, there are so many traditions mixed u...
- Mariana2 said “Cluck Kent” : ) ! Just made the Pasch...
- iPadre said Long live Benedict XVI!
- mikeinmo said Carrying on the Eastern European tradition that my...
- mrshopey said I prayed this for the first time yesterday and it...
- Sonshine135 said Today, I cooked raw kielbasa and cooked up two rin...
- Cathy said Three things the Holy Father did not do, he did no...
- BLB Oregon said Orthodox Chick–yes, the plain meaning of the...
- Catholic Tech Geek said Ah yes, the famous buttered lamb (which my family...
- Tom in NY said For me, special Easter foods would include not onl...
- Fr_Sotelo said Wonderful news. “Hagan lío” (“go...
- The Masked Chicken said “@masked fowl, I had no idea chickens could...
- Dr. Edward Peters said mamajen: one thing, Lent is over. there are other...
- chantgirl said Unfortunately, my family’s European food tra...
- Nan said We used to have ham with all the trimmings, includ...
- Maria said A Blessed Easter to All! The church I went yesterd...
- Stephen Matthew said The feet of both men and women were washed, includ...
- Vox Laudis said JustaSinner–Please! Could I request my form...
- benedetta said Thanks for that Chicken — I believe your ana...
- The Masked Chicken said Supertradmum, I have been praying for you. I hope...
- Supertradmum said This is beautiful. I have not seen “clerical...
- Ray said Recipe is from about 45 miles outside of Napoli....
- The Masked Chicken said Sigh. I wrote a long series of comments, last yea...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: March for Life
First Things, which has revamped its site (check it out), has a good piece today about
EIGHT LIES IN PRESIDENT OBAMA’S ROE STATEMENT
by Matthew Schmitz
President Obama issued a statement today to mark the forty-first anniversary of Roe v. Wade. A mere paragraph … Continue reading
Are any of you going to Washington DC for the March for Life?
Technorati Tags: March for Life
Did you see this?
Vatican City, May 13, 2013 / 08:25 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pro-lifers who had just finished the third annual Italian March for Life on Sunday were surprised to see Pope Francis coming toward them in the popemobile.
“It … Continue reading
I am looking for March for Life photos of the banners and contingents from the Fishwrap (National catholic Reporter), the Catholic Health Association, the Nuns on the Bus, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious.
Technorati Tags: March for Life
Friday begins with Mass at Old St Mary’s in the Usus Antiquior in honor of Nellie Gray.
Confessions are being heard during Mass, which is always nice to see.
It is also great to see young people with March for Life gear … Continue reading
[Watch this for updates. Apparently there is something after the Pontifical Mass that may conflict for some people.]
Since there is going to be a Pontifical Mass (Usus Antiquior) at Old St. Mary’s in Washington DC. (5th and H Sts. NW), this … Continue reading
First I found Pres. Obama declaring “Religious Freedom” Day. Now I find Sr. Carol Keehan openly defending the unborn?
Sr. Carol Keehan: Sandy Hook ‘Separate Issue’ But ‘Abortion Takes the Life of an Innocent Child’
By Patrick Burke
(CNSNews.com) — Sister Carol … Continue reading
Some people are getting it. Liberals, even – to their eternal shame liberal catholics – are hijacking pro-life language as a way of promoting strict gun-control as if it were a pro-life issue. What they are really trying to do is silence … Continue reading
I received a press release from the nice people who organized the Pontifical Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception a few years ago, the Paulus Institute:
St. Mary Mother of God Church to host Mass in honor of … Continue reading