HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- aviva meriam: Father mentioned that the scariest words in the entire Bible are within this Gospel passage and the corollary in Matthew where the Lord says “I don’ t know you” ,...
- JTH: What I got from FatherR 17;s homily today: Pray to Holy Spirit more. The power of the Holy Spirit heals and saves souls.
- Kathleen10: RLseven, the mainstream church has become a mystery to me, and it was all I knew until about 5 years ago. So much has changed. Watching things unfold in this papacy, the church, has...
- teachermom24: We had the privilege of assisting at the TLM this morning (the 2.5 hour drive each way was worth it!) The homily was right on the mark about the importance of the Sacraments and...
- maternalView: All I can say is wow! So cool to get a different perspectiv e.
- Amerikaner: The only thing that rag is good for is poop-paper for caged birds.
- maternalView: @RLseven Thank you for the links. I didn’ ;t find them persuasive . https://th ewandererp ress.com/c atholic/ne ws/frontpa ge/crs-cat holic-char ity-or-sec ular-gover nment-a...
- JonathanTX: But Father! But Father! What is the Latin for the prayer you composed?
- Gregg the Obscure: Father talked a bit about DenverR 17;s world youth day – 26 years ago now. He noted that the city has grown substantia lly since then, and yet there has not been a...
- Gaetano: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- carn: The priest warned against taking one’ s place in heaven for granted and noted that the narrow door is so narrow that one has to drop some useless baggage one carries along. He finis...
- Johann: I thought only aging 1960’ ;s hippies read the Fishwrap?
- Philomena Mary: EF Low Mass, Father’s sermon was a beautiful and catechetic al exposition of lex orandi, lex credendi. It reminded me a lot of the book Nothing Superfluou s.
- Unwilling: RLseven, this is the rub. The Catholic Church, the Mystical Body, is the only place in which anyone who has heard the whole good news can remain and be faithful to God and live the...
- Semper Gumby: RLseven: Kathleen10 can speak for herself, if she wishes. However, note the derogatory remarks made by Francis and the problemati c, to put it lightly, writings. Note Spadaro et al....
- RLseven: Kathleen10 : “ 230;and you might be dishearten ed to read how many Catholics are all on board the Francis train.R 21; That’ ;s a curious statement. Can you say more about...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. It appears Fr. James Martin, MS Winters, et al seek to turn “tra ditional 8221; into a Hot-button Word to stigmatize Catholics. The goal, as you know,...
- Mike: Our Lord brought happiness to the people of the Decapolis through the miracles He worked. Likewise, devotion to Our Lady has brought happiness to the beleaguere d peoples of Europe and...
- carndt: Surprising ly our pastor started out with a slide presentati on about Hell. First he showed a picture of the head of the Jesuits. Telling us that the head of SJs said that the devil was...
- RK3: Fr. Z., I took your advice and read Prof. Pitre̵ 7;s analysis of today̵ 7;s Gospel, Luke 13:22ff. His good point is the following: “So what keeps them [“ma nyR...
- mcferran: It is customary that prayers promoted for public use be approved by ecclesiast ical authority. Has the prayer cited by Father Zuhlsdorf received such approbatio n from his own ordinary or...
- Kathleen10: Heretics and progressiv es are darling, what they can’ t control, they work to shut down. If that requires a little tattling and lots of whining, they are right there. And there...
- Kathleen10: Isn’ t that just so amazing 230;
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z. “Our Collect today asks God to grant that His will be the basis of our “values” in concrete terms, not in mere good intentions or this world’s snares. 221;
- Lurker 59: @Mightnotb eachristia ntou Notwithsta nding that a great many recently built churches are amphitheat er, or in the half-round ,(smaller ones in the quarter round), the issue is in how...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Your Planet’s On The Move
- Fishwrap’s @MichaelSWinters wants action from the US bishops. So does @FatherZ
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- More on liberal liturgists’ attacks on “ad orientem” worship, bishops and priests who support it
- Fishwrap attacks “ad orientem” worship and the strong trends they fear
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Mars Rover
How sad. Mars rover Opportunity seems to have come to the end of its mission. HERE Low batteries and a bad dust storm. That was it. A 3 month mission lasted almost 15 years.
From Spaceweather I learned that a massive dust storm on Mars has changed the appearance of the planet. DUST STORM SWALLOWS MARS: A martian dust storm that started in late May, silencing NASA’s Opportunity rover, [sigh] has now wrapped itself around … Continue reading
Poor little Spirit isn’t working anymore (so far as we know), but this is how he got there!
This is simply too cool. Every once in a while, we find something from antiquity that we knew about but thought lost. Check this out, from Gazzetta del Sud. Dorothy King’s PhDiva has a lot of photos. With a biretta tip … Continue reading
First, The Huygens probe has landed on Saturn’s moon, Titan. There is a description and animation of how it hit the surface and then bounced, slid and wobbled into its resting position. HERE. Huygens was ferried to Titan by the … Continue reading
Okay… I don’t think Curiosity is going to have a lot of competition for the mayorship. Curiosity has a Foursquare account.
Here is something for your Just Too Cool file. This got my attention not only because it deals with Curiosity, but also because of my budding interest in ham radio. The newest Mars Rover, Curiosity, is tagging Mars… with Morse … Continue reading
And it ain’t Marvin the Martian. First, here is a very cool hi-def telephoto shot taken by Curiosity, the newest of the Mars rovers. The image of nearby Mt. Sharp was taken with a 100-millimeter telephoto lens and the 34-milllimeter … Continue reading
The other day I was pretty excited about the safe landing of the new Mars rover Curiosity. The dangerous entry and landing built a real excitement. Then the first images came in. Very cool. Now that Curiosity has been on … Continue reading
I plan to watch the live stream of the Curiosity landing tonight. You? If you haven’t seen it yet, here is a video from the JPL about the terrifying landing stage: [wp_youtube]pzqdoXwLBT8[/wp_youtube]
From the JPL: Mars Tugging on Approaching NASA Rover Curiosity August 04, 2012 PASADENA, Calif. – The gravitational tug of Mars is now pulling NASA’s car-size geochemistry laboratory, Curiosity, in for a suspenseful landing in less than 40 hours. [About … Continue reading
From poor little Spirit’s twin, Opportunity, comes this panoramic view. HERE. It is stitched together from 817 images taken between 12 Dec 2011 and 8 May 2012 while Opportunity was stationed on an outcrop called “Greeley Haven” during the Martian … Continue reading
After posting about the Seven Minutes of Terror, I was curious about Curiosity, the newest Mars Rover heading to the Red Planet. Intrepid little Spirit isn’t working any more, since it became mired and died. Opportunity is working, but depends … Continue reading
Those of you who have been reading here for a long while know of my admiration for poor little Spirit. Opportunity keeps rolling, of course. But … Curiosity is coming. And when I mean “Seven Minutes of Terror”, I don’t … Continue reading