Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Masked Chicken said “I wonder, but hope it will remain a hypothe...
- The Masked Chicken said “Gernetzke applied to the diocese to become...
- LarryW2LJ said This thread brought a question to mind. I guess b...
- Phil_NL said In the category “I wonder, but hope it will...
- ies0716 said pelerin – maybe I’m the only ignorant...
- andia said Thanks for this. I wondered what that type of R...
- WGS said I’m reminded of Fr. Damien of the leper colo...
- New Sister said Deacon “must be face-to-face”… I
- Stu said I was enjoying a beer in a NYC bar one night with...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Aquinas Gal, You know, I expect, that the Prayer &...
- Elizabeth D said Allen S said: “So…even Protestants and other...
- Matt Robare said Even if the person isn’t Catholic the Archdi...
- Aquinas Gal said Interesting about the Dominican rite. I didn’...
- Aquinas Gal said Certainly there’s no question that such conf...
- pelerin said ies0716 – I am not sure how a Catholic could...
- Andreas said All of this brings to mind the electronic confessi...
- Mike said Thank you, Father, especially for the quote from A...
- TUESDAY AFTERNOON EDITION - BigPulpit.com said […] Stand Four Lessons from Downton Abbey’s...
- mburn16 said “You can confess by long-distance technology...
- dans0622 said Condemnation of Confession via letter/messenger go...
- ies0716 said Paul M. – you are correct, and I was mistake...
- jflare said ckdexter, I’m don’t really understand...
- jeffc said My pastor will wear a stole for confession. My pro...
- jflare said mburn, I think your appraisal rather..problematic....
- Elizabeth D said “Though I think it would be naive to believe...
- Fr AJ said On a human level, I’m not sure why anyone wo...
- (X)MCCLXIII said Oh! How could I forget? My parish priest is Africa...
- (X)MCCLXIII said Dear Supertradmum, I think you didn’t read t...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Father is, of course, correct. No particular garb...
- PhilipNeri said I recently heard confessions during a Lenten missi...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Mars Rover
Those of you who have been reading here for a long while know of my admiration for poor little Spirit. Opportunity keeps rolling, of course. But …
Curiosity is coming.
And when I mean “Seven Minutes of Terror”, I don’t mean what … Continue reading
The intreprid little Mars rover Spirit, which began its mission in 2004 died, mired in sand, in 2009. It couldn’t capture enough sunlight to power up.
Spirit’s twin Opportunity is still going strong!
The orbiting Phoenix, circling Mars since 2006, recently … Continue reading
We’ve lost poor Spirit, but intrepid little Opportunity keeps motoring along.
NASA reports that Opportunity has after a 3 year portion of its already 8 year anabasis has crawled up to Endeavour crater, 14 miles in diameter. We should be able … Continue reading
Sad news from NASA:
NASA Concludes Attempts to Contact Mars Rover Spirit
The full version of this story with accompanying images is HERE.
PASADENA, Calif. — NASA is ending attempts to regain contact with the long-lived Mars Exploration Rover Spirit, which last communicated … Continue reading
I remain a real fan of the Mars Rover missions. One of the readers here, who works for NASA actually sent me a Spirit mission patch!
Poor Spirit… sniff.
Opportunity is still chugging along.
I tune in once in a while to the … Continue reading
From NASA… which used to have space as its main objective:
Video Camera Will Show Mars Rover’s Touchdown
July 19, 2010
A downward-pointing camera on the front-left side of NASA’s Curiosity rover will give adventure fans worldwide an unprecedented sense of riding … Continue reading
From NASA comes this about one of the intrepid Mars Rovers… Opportunity:
NASA Mars Rover Getting Smarter as it Gets Older
NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity, now in its seventh year on Mars, has a new capability to make its own choices … Continue reading
President Obama wants to kill NASA and the space program.
In reference to the poor little rover Spirit, stuck on Mars, a reader sent this cartoon:
I must admit I also hated Toy Story, one of the saddest movies ever made.
The efforts to free the Martian rover Spirit have failed.
Spirit is now imitating life.
From NASA with my emphases and comments:
WASHINGTON — After six years of unprecedented exploration of the Red Planet, NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Spirit no longer will be … Continue reading