- Fr. Z - KC9ZJN - OFF
QRV on 00m 0.000
- "If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus
ep. 131 - AD 382
When you shop online…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- mburn16 said No about of theological gymnastics is going to per...
- SimonDodd said Allan S. says: “Our duty, as faithful lay Ca...
- SimonDodd said It has seemed to me all along that the synod is si...
- The Cobbler said About the whole “walking together” thi...
- Philippa Martyr said Done NO ONE bitch-slap MAH Cardinal! Grrrrr. Sti...
- xylkatie said First of all, it is a travesty that that “fa...
- Traductora said Allen S et al., BXVI would never have resigned had...
- David in T.O. said How is it even possible that this Synod can be con...
- Lin said Catholic doctrine cannot change! Catholic doctr...
- Kathleen10 said Still a great song! Great for driving or flying....
- TNCath said MSM, Thanks! I was wondering when we’d hear...
- Venerator Sti Lot said JPD, Fr. Martin Fox, anilwang, In his 1910 Catholi...
- Sonshine135 said The makeup of the Cardinals at this Synod is a cle...
- Blaise said Deo Gratias! I had feared, particularly since I ha...
- Susan M said Just looked at Eccles (Thank you to majuscule!!)....
- marcelus said So it’s the evil Pope scheming again? PLease...
- robtbrown said Fr Martin There was also a lack of cooperation by...
- Midwest St. Michael said TNCath asks: “Cardinal Burke, where are you?...
- Joseph-Mary said St. Pio advised us to “Pray, hope, and don...
- acardnal said Fr Z, maybe you should rent a motorcycle.
- TimG said There is in us a temptation to play God, and relat...
- MikeM said The phrase conspiracy theory carries the connotati...
- MikeM said It might be a case of keeping expectations low so...
- jacobi said Let us remember that neither the Synod, nor any me...
- DisturbedMary said We won’t know the truth until Father Rosica&...
- Animadversor said And perhaps the Sovereign Pontiff’s chosen p...
- Animadversor said If ever there were a good time to invoke the Bux p...
- dixitDOMINUSDOMINOmeo said In all seriousness, what is the point of this syno...
- Bridget said Dear prayer warriors: Our family of 7 faces an evi...
- Anthony said I’m really at a loss to understand WHY the S...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired. (88)
- 8 October – Thoughts about the Synod at this point (61)
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development (51)
- The Synod begins – a few notes (47)
- 6 Oct – Synod notes (46)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (42)
- Synod notes – See Ed Pentin for 6 October roundup (35)
- Mass “of Belonging”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (27)
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod” (26)
- NYC Day 2: Seminaries and Spaghetti (22)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 8 October – Thoughts about the Synod at this point
- My View For Awhile: Domum
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 7 Oct Synod Note: stacked decks
- Women Deacons
- NYC Day 4: Errands and BEER!
- Most Holy Rosary
- Synod notes – See Ed Pentin for 6 October roundup
- Mass “of Belonging”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- 6 Oct – Synod notes
- NYC Day 3: Walk in the Park and Defeat of the Yankees
- What to do if the Host disappears?
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- NYC Day 2: Seminaries and Spaghetti
- ALERT! ‘Laudato si” now available in the Church’s official language
- The Synod begins – a few notes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami
- WDTPRS – 19th Sunday after Pentecost: “Why did God make you?”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday – CARDS!
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired.
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod”
- Horror in Oregon … and Glory? A reminder about your own soul and death.
- My View For Awhile: Hurricane Dodging Edition
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project: UPDATED
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- It’s as if Francis had met with the homophobic dictator Kim DaeVis
- FR. Z BLOG EXCLUSIVE! The return of…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Mars Rover
After posting about the Seven Minutes of Terror, I was curious about Curiosity, the newest Mars Rover heading to the Red Planet. Intrepid little Spirit isn’t working any more, since it became mired and died. Opportunity is working, but depends … Continue reading
Those of you who have been reading here for a long while know of my admiration for poor little Spirit. Opportunity keeps rolling, of course. But … Curiosity is coming. And when I mean “Seven Minutes of Terror”, I don’t … Continue reading
The intreprid little Mars rover Spirit, which began its mission in 2004 died, mired in sand, in 2009. It couldn’t capture enough sunlight to power up. Spirit’s twin Opportunity is still going strong! The orbiting Phoenix, circling Mars since 2006, … Continue reading
We’ve lost poor Spirit, but intrepid little Opportunity keeps motoring along. NASA reports that Opportunity has after a 3 year portion of its already 8 year anabasis has crawled up to Endeavour crater, 14 miles in diameter. We should be … Continue reading
Sad news from NASA: NASA Concludes Attempts to Contact Mars Rover Spirit The full version of this story with accompanying images is HERE. PASADENA, Calif. — NASA is ending attempts to regain contact with the long-lived Mars Exploration Rover Spirit, … Continue reading
I remain a real fan of the Mars Rover missions. One of the readers here, who works for NASA actually sent me a Spirit mission patch! Poor Spirit… sniff. Opportunity is still chugging along. I tune in once in a … Continue reading
From NASA… which used to have space as its main objective: Video Camera Will Show Mars Rover’s Touchdown July 19, 2010 A downward-pointing camera on the front-left side of NASA’s Curiosity rover will give adventure fans worldwide an unprecedented sense … Continue reading
From NASA comes this about one of the intrepid Mars Rovers… Opportunity: NASA Mars Rover Getting Smarter as it Gets Older NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity, now in its seventh year on Mars, has a new capability to make its … Continue reading
President Obama wants to kill NASA and the space program. In reference to the poor little rover Spirit, stuck on Mars, a reader sent this cartoon: Sniff. I must admit I also hated Toy Story, one of the saddest movies … Continue reading
The efforts to free the Martian rover Spirit have failed. Spirit is now imitating life. From NASA with my emphases and comments: WASHINGTON — After six years of unprecedented exploration of the Red Planet, NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Spirit no … Continue reading