Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said We usually have Ham, although I am tempted to make...
- iepuras said Now that I am finally being baptized tonight, we a...
- Woody79 said @ Suzanne–Can I come over to your house to e...
- benedetta said When the Church decides in her wisdom to change th...
- boxerpaws1952 said thank you Di Londra for the explanation.Had no ide...
- Will Elliott said frjim4321: I agree with the “ought,” but I prefer...
- boxerpaws1952 said while it doesn’t set a good example the Pope...
- St. Epaphras said Feet of 12 adult males washed and everything else...
- Vecchio di Londra said boxerpaws – The tradition is for the Pope to...
- Henry Edwards said Why not say it plainly, in terms so simple that ev...
- boxerpaws1952 said i wish on Holy Thur Pope Francis would wash the fe...
- Andreas said Here in the Tirol there is Spinat Palatshinken (l...
- GeekLady said It’s very funny, I just put up a whole post...
- CatholicLiving said When I was growing up my parents always gave us ki...
- Glennonite said Beautiful. Bravo. Thank you again. And though I...
- Packrraat said Our Lady of Lourdes, Seaford, DE. We had only 2 ma...
- Tamquam said Thank you very much, Father. I certainly have fou...
- Bea said Don’t remember food from long past. (except...
- majuscule said Hmm. I think we have good ammo here for combox dis...
- Michael said At my NO parish, there were mostly women having th...
- jameeka said Wow. Thank you deeply for these LentcaZts which ha...
- acardnal said Supertradmum, good to see you online again. Have a...
- SKAY said “I don’t think there’s much humility evident...
- benedetta said Broccoli rabe lol
- benedetta said Every year on this day for the last several years...
- majuscule said Portuguese Easter Bread! Sweat and eggy, toasted a...
- Supertradmum said Lamb, dolmathas, spanikopita, baklava, fruit cake...
- mamajen said Butter lamb! I went to college in Buffalo and they...
- APX said My dad has an old Hungarian custom for Good Friday...
- Suzanne Carl said Beef brisket! Slow smoked and roasted until the f...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Mass
From a readerette:
When my husband asked me what I would like for Christmas this year, I said, “I would like for our family to attend a Latin Mass.” (I think that will be my response when he asks what I … Continue reading
From a reader:
I attend the Extraodinary Form regularly. I noticed yesterday a man using a tablet as his Missal. I’m not sure what to think about this.
My own thought is that a tablet also can (and does) display immoral pictures … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today, the priest gave an overtly political homily that I have no doubt you would have found highly inappropriate. Think Fr. Michael Pfelger of Chicago. I sat through it in stunned disbelief but some got up and left. … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can the Last Gospel and the prayers at the foot of the altar be a part of the Ordinary Form? Also, can the priest say, “May the body of Our Lord Jesus Christ preserve your soul unto life … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!Fr. Bugnini’s cutters and pasters, the experts of the Consilium, drew today’s Collect out of a prayer in the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary for the Saturday (Feria VII, yes, 7th – unusual to our eyes ) of the Fifth Week … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!From a reader:
Dear Father Z., accorging to you, would it be possible for a priest to use an electronic form of the Missal? Like, for example, we were on a pilgrimage to Israel recently (with prayers … Continue reading
Here is the Collect of the 2nd Sunday of Lent, a new composition for the Novus Ordo based on a precedent in the Liber Mozarabicus Sacramentorum.:
Deus, qui nobis dilectum Filium tuum audire praecepisti,
verbo tuo interius nos pascere digneris,
ut, spiritali purificato … Continue reading
From a reader:
I know that the Liber Usualis and the Graduale are the two main places to find the appropriate chants for any given feast day in the Extraordinary form of the Mass, but I was wondering where one is … Continue reading