Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Dismas: It’s not outside of belief for harm to come to Archbishop Viganò. The Lavender Mafia has lots of money, now complete control over a sovereign bank with a long history of money laund...
- Jann: How wonderful to hear him speak so strongly!
- DelRayVA: I had an interestin g experience in the Diocese of Metuchen back in the early 1990’ ;s. This was when Hughes was the bishop there, after McCarrick. My parish had a married laywo...
- oldCatholigirl: Although I think Mary Eberstadt is a wise and prophetic writer, I, like Elizabeth D, question the wisdom of the idea that anyone who has been sexually abused should be automat...
- OssaSola: Argh. I guess it depends on the priest. In our former parish we had the most important priest in my life and the best. He did not seem to have any preferred cliques around him dictat...
- Joy65: “cap choirgirl says: 18 September 2018 at 3:20 PM I’m of two minds about this. It can be great if you have a great pastor. It’s always sad to lose a good one. But also, “personali ty...
- richdel: Before people begin envisionin g albino monks hunting for Vigano, it is important to realize that if the present agenda that some in Church leadership are pushing comes to fruition, it...
- George @ Convert Journal: Sadly, Fr. Martin has been *invited* by Abp Wilton Gregory to speak at parishes in the Atlanta Archdioces e. People are rightly upset by this. See: https://ge orgiabu...
- Liz: Praying often for Archbishop Vigano.
- richdel: The Las Cruces Experiment lives on.
- HvonBlumenthal: Part of the reason why well meaning but ignorant Catholics go along with this is the unfortunat e double meaning of the word celebrate.
- tho: Liberalism , as it is defined and practiced for the last 50 or more years, is a poison arrow, delivered by half witted utopians into the body of common sense. Our church, our schools, and all...
- MrsMacD: I will cry when our current pastor leaves us. I will cry, and I will mourn. I know God is good and I trust Him but it always feels cruel to lose a pastor that really loves and cares for...
- Kevin: We are at war aren’ ;t we? St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battleR 30;.
- Benedict Joseph: This reported today at LifeSite: https://ww w.lifesite news.com/n ews/jesuit -priest-fr om-pro-gay -parish-re moved-afte r-boundary -violation s-with-ma Quite the fan boyR...
- Sawyer: He left out the need to care for immigrants into the Church so that they are fed with the truth of doctrine and the grace of the sacraments , clothed with the beauty of worship, and shelt...
- The original Mr. X: To have Archbishop Viganò taken out by the Lavender Mafia would not help their cause. He is already a hero – they don’t want to make him a martyr. Yes, exactly. If I were a...
- The original Mr. X: On a related note, Father Z, is it still the case that “Sodomy is a sin that cries to Heaven for vengeance” ? What are the Catholic moral/doct rinal/theo logical referen...
- maternalView: God bless him!
- Lauren35: Back when I was a still very ignorant “re- vert” ; to the Faith, a very religious friend invited my family and I to the big Pentecost service in NH. It was her favorite Mass of...
- Shonkin: Thorfinn makes a very good point. A small diocese (e.g. Helena, MT) is used as a “far m team” ; for the big-league dioceses. Sometimes that is fortunate, when a less than...
- Joy65: I’d have gotten up and walked out as soon as that music started. To actually sit there and do the wave in Church is unbelievab le. Sad, disturbing , heart breaking and really and truly...
- Unwilling: Flimsy grounds for annulment and trivializa tion of “ind issoluble& #8221; marriage by invitation of adulterers and homosexual s to Communion obscure/di ssolve any “...
- JabbaPapa: Astronomer , CCC 1867 The catechetic al tradition also recalls that there are “sin s that cry to heavenR 20;: the blood of Abel, the sin of the Sodomites, the cry of the people...
- Ultrarunner: Forgive the bluntness, but if priests continue to rape the laity and sodomize one another before and after mass, and if bishops, all the way up to the Pope, continue to cover it up,...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
- Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
- UPDATED Mary, Queen of the Clergy holy cards with Daily Prayer for Priests – AVAILABLE!
- Of Friday and festive penitential Pesto fit for a King
- BOOKS RECEIVED: A hard look at Francis in Spanish by Argentinian author
- 14 Sept: 11th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Thank you, Benedict XVI!
- Morning After Pill of UK ‘c’atholics – @The_Tablet – falsehood about @BishopMorlino
- IRONY! Francis calls 2019 meeting of bishops on Feast of St. Peter Damian
- A prayer for your confessor, the priest to whom you are about to make your confession
- UPDATES! URGENT TO BISHOPS OF @RaleighDiocese @diosav @DioceseChas @archatl @CatholicNewsCLT
- #HurricaneFlorence, the Carolinas, and You (extraction, security, etc.)
- My View For Awhile: From the Starfield, back to Benghazi
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Massimo Faggioli
For those of you who read Italian here are a couple of pages of typical reportage.
The images are large if you open them in another tab or window.
First, Wormtongue writes for La Stampa. Notice that breathy Beans bubbles that those … Continue reading
The war on the teaching of Humanae vitae continued today with an offering at ultra-liberal Commonweal by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli. Beans spends a lot of time on Twitter throwing out one inflammatory tweet after another as click bait.
Faggioli takes his … Continue reading
What has the Left been up to? They are becoming more radical and deranged.
For example, the inimitable Maxine Waters (D-CA) is calling on those who are susceptible, incredibly, to listen to her to harass and insult and attack publicly anyone … Continue reading
In this podcast we hear the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s 1990 Instruction Donum veritatis, “On the Ecclesial Vocation of the Theologian”.
I post this now because of the present claims of some who clearly want to turn the … Continue reading
Massimo “Beans” Faggioli … what a puzzle.
He seems to be bright, but he constantly tweets dopey things.
The diocese in Albano, Italy is setting up a shelter for separated or divorced fathers who, having to pay monthly livelihood to wife and … Continue reading
In the last couple of days I’ve discovered that I’ve been blocked on Twitter by Fr. Thomas Rosica (@FatherRosica) and by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli (@massimofaggioli).
I am not sure why I clicked on a tweet reference to Rosica, since I can’t … Continue reading
When it was found that the Pope’s Letter to Bishops of Buenos Aires was included in the AAS with a note from Card. Parolin, libs lined up for their customary conga line. They blew up the importance of that moment … Continue reading
This is sad. This fellow really needs prayers.
Today at the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, we find a piece about
Study: young Catholics divided between traditionalists and modernists
Some want to ‘draw the Church back’ while others want it to … Continue reading
Each time tweet attention hungry Massimo “Beans” Faggioli encounters a traditional or faithful person, position, or has a set back, he gets a little sour. He can’t really help it. He is angling for elevation as a cadre in the … Continue reading
This morning I found two interesting recipes for Sour Beans.
The first involves beans and rice, garlic, ginger, onions, carrots and lean pork, and a couple of types of vinegar. I think I’ll try it this week.
The second involves the bishops … Continue reading
I can only interpret Massimo “Beans” Faggioli’s confused statements about the Rosary as a cry for help. Otherwise, what he has repeated is truly dreadful.
I have already posted a request to you readers to say the Rosary for him. HERE
Now … Continue reading
More example of coordination from the new catholic Red Guards.
First, a tweet from Massimo “Beans” Faggioli reveals teamwork.
Perhaps it’s time for B16 to honor the promise that he made on February 28, 2013 and break his silence once more to … Continue reading
I read with extreme delight about the massive Rosary rally in Poland, on 7 October – the anniversary of the Battle of Lepanto and Feast of the Holy Rosary – to ring the entire 2000 mile border of the country … Continue reading
Recently Massimo “Beans” Faggioli has attempted to stir up a pingle and, with it, attention for himself, by denigrating our Catholic Tradition – nay, rather – by denigrating the people who desire our Catholic Tradition.
His latest clickbait shtick, which may … Continue reading