Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: “Tra pped” ; in the priesthood . That lad appears to be trapped in self-decep tion and a lack of faith. I honestly can’ t believe that anyone could utter such a...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Bottom of the post.
- GregB: You can apply this argument to the whole Church. When a person enters into the Church they commit themselves to the New Covenant ratified in ChristR 17;s Blood. Our membership in the...
- Ave Crux: Is there a link to the video, or am I missing it in the article? I could use something edifying right now… . Thank you.
- JustaSinner: Served breifly as 56M, chaplains assistant. My chaplain was DEVOTE Southern Baptist and didn’t much care for Catholicis m. However, he understood that he could not change my beliefs...
- Legisperitus: The chaplain makes a good point about “no rights without duties. 221; It can even be said that our rights stem from our duties. We only have the right to the things we need...
- Akita: Yes, the part about “dead eyes” is telling. When the Democrats champion the unfettered murder of humans in utero they have not only dead eyes but deadened souls. Lord Have Mercy on our dying...
- MrsAnchor: ? That’s fantastic& #8230; Wish there had always been more of those valiant men around.
- acardnal: Let’ s not forget the dramatic win on this date last year (2018) when the Women̵ 7;s Olympic Hockey Team beat their archrivals , the Canadians, for Olympic Gold in a shooto...
- rcg: Hooah! Now I understand why they don’t let priests carry weapons in combat. The other side deserves a chance.
- bobbird: Gary Ross, a NoDak & Bemidji State hockey star, was a member of the 1976 team which just missed a Bronze Medal. He was the last defenseman cut by Herb Brooks. Herb told him to play in...
- Ellen: You aren’ ;t the only one. The movie about it – Miracle is very good too.
- Mariana2: Spiritus sancti gratia illuminet sensus et corda vestra?
- Fr. Kelly: Al Capone was not released from prison when his syphillis became advanced leaving him non compos
- Imrahil: Dear Justalurki ngfool, let’ s not speak about “bei ng raised differentl y”, as the behavioris ts do. Being Catholics, let us speak of objective principles . Object...
- Mariana2: I’ve been staring at that text. …gra tia illuminat semperR 30;?
- Fr. Kelly: I’m the one who raised the question here of McCarrick being in dementia, but I am not wholly convinced of it. The extraordin ary act of rehabilita ting Ernest Cardenal on the same...
- Charles E Flynn: @Charivari Rob, This article does a better job than most of explaining why, although the plane was going 801 mph with respect to the ground, it was not going that fast with the...
- Fr. Jim B: Just received my copy today. It brought a tear to my eye. Why did we ever toss out such beauty and forsake such spiritual potency? I’ll put it to use as often as I can. Step by...
- Lux de Coelo: Well done Br Edmund. You’ve solved my mystery
- Liz: Prayers, Father. I forgot about your injuries. We will be praying for you and all of the priests we know and can think of tonight with Fr. Heilman 217;s 54-day novena and the Litany for...
- Semper Gumby: God bless those men. May they be victorious in battle, and may their shot groups be tight. “And they rose early in the morning, and went out through the desert of Thecua: and as...
- Amerikaner: Just. Plain. Awesome!
- aiello01: The fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, which comes from the Holy Spirit, is the only thing in Christiani ty that contains the solution for lack of control. It contains peace and...
- Kathleen10: That is so beautiful and so inspiring. God bless them and keep them.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Blog maintenance underway now and for some time to come
- Archbishop Viganò to participants in the Rome “summit” #PBC2019
- Military chaplain reacts to whiny “gay” priests
- 22 February 1980: Miracle on Ice
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: matrimony
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Recently marijuana was legalized in Canada. As such, the issue has come up that Marijuana can stay within the system for a very long time and a habitual user can be impaired by marijuana even if … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is it permissible to attend an SSPX wedding? I thought that the couple (or priest) would first need to request permission from the local bishop and then also have a diocesan priest at the wedding, but … Continue reading
One of the figures who emerged from the shadows through the Lettergate scandal, is German liberal (wrong) theologian Peter Hünermann. Benedict XVI had a strong negative reaction to finding him among the writers of the series that was intended to bolster … Continue reading
From canonist Ed Peters comes a post. I wrote about it, HERE. There are some striking parallels. I wonder why? Any way… Thoughts on a mid-air marriage Show of hands! Who wants to rain all over the sentimental parade lining … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a quick question so I’ll keep this message short. Knowing several Catholics in my childrens’ Catholic school who have been divorced and remarried after getting an annulment, I wonder how to explain it all … Continue reading
You have to pay attention to language, especially in the hands of libs. They twist and they turn. They set you up with implicit premises which you might breeze right by. They lead you astray and into the dark places … Continue reading
This is something that every parish priest and seminarian should read and commit to memory. It is at the heart of many controversies (not excluding the mendacity of the Left trying to edge out the Truth with innuendo and ambiguity). … Continue reading
I’m tired of the whine from certain homosexualists and their agenda, to the detriment of concerns of people to adhere to God’s plan and nature and many other serious concerns which we face as a Church and society. I was … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a question regarding the situation of two Catholics being married by an unapproved minister. Would any law prevent the couple from contacting the parish and explaining what they want to do, then following the course … Continue reading
From a reader… I recently read your post regarding the recently-announced changes to the validity of marriages witnessed by SSPX priests, and I am confused. How does this change anything? Doesn’t Canon 1108 already give bishops and pastors the power … Continue reading
In the wake of Pope Francis’ decision to have diocesan ordinaries see to validity of SSPX marriages (HERE) the SSPX issued a statement at their website (HERE) At first the SSPX communiqué rehashes what the Holy Father did. Then… […] The Society … Continue reading
UPDATE 6 April: I want to make a point. Specific marriages (that is, involving real people not theoretical cases) are assumed to be valid, unless they are declared by a tribunal not to have taken place at all. Some marriage … Continue reading
In the shallow, liberal, Italian Catholic weekly Panorama we are informed about a booklet now out over the name of Card. Coccopalmerio, Prefect of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts. It is ballyhooed as “the response” to the Five Dubia of … Continue reading
UPDATE: Newly appended to the end of Pentin’s article on Card. Müller… Update 12 January 2016: A spokesman for Cardinal Müller told the Register that he was “speaking out of his authority as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine … Continue reading