Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- kevinm said Thanks Father…this is a great way to start t...
- Andkaras said Only gets to 1.34 for me .
- liturmatt said Thank you Father. The French bishop you quoted, wh...
- SKAY said Thank you Father.
- Siculum said And yes, thank you, Father. Prayed for you at Mas...
- Siculum said I hadn’t heard the Joseph Ratzinger one befo...
- Siculum said Listening with the family.
- RichardT said The College has now issued a statement about its f...
- JonPatrick said When I click on the play button it seems to run un...
- HobokenZephyr said Folks, do yourselves a big favor and stop watching...
- Moro said wmeyer – Fair enough. I was going overboard...
- bookworm said AGW is possibly the only hypothesis in the history...
- Jim of Bowie said Listening. Thanks. BTW receiving my first full ord...
- Mike said [Another] Mike says: My pastor (ordained 1970, God...
- Andrea Mary said Thank you, Father! What a wonderful “Friday...
- mormormax said Thank you for this post Father. One thing that kep...
- cantrix said Thank you, Father. Just what I needed to hear toda...
- Gregg the Obscure said Thanks for posting. The plan for the rest of Lent...
- Netmilsmom said Oh my Goodness! Thank you! It’s hard to fin...
- Gerard Plourde said @Polycarpio, @mamajen I agree completely with your...
- Legisperitus said wmeyer: Motus in fine velocior.
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- jflare said “I find this Pope to be very Christ-like....
- Marysann said Thank you, Father Z.
- guans said “whenever a little thing is left to it, ther...
- Polycarpio said As a lawyer, I appreciate the preference by some f...
- Mariana2 said Thank you, Father! Most salutary, the Sheen quote!...
- moon1234 said New updates on the college website address almost...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father, wonderful post! Love Ablativus Abs...
- Dan said A quick bit of math: If the U.S.A have a populatio...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
- ASK FATHER: Gelatin during Lent
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Midnight Mass
This comes up every year:
If I go to Midnight Mass, and it really starts at Midnight, and I receive Holy Communion, and if I go to Mass again during Christmas Day, can I receive Communion again?
The 1983 Code of Canon … Continue reading
Something remarkable occurred during the Holy Father’s Midnight Mass.
I had a note from a long time reader about this. I didn’t see the broadcast of the Mass this year, but it is archived and it can be viewed on demand.
In … Continue reading
Pope Benedict XVI’s Midnight Mass Homily:
Dear Brothers and Sisters!
The reading from Saint Paul’s Letter to Titus that we have just heard begins solemnly with the word “apparuit“, which then comes back again in the reading at the Dawn … Continue reading
Are you anywhere within striking distance of Manhattan?
There will be a Solemn Midnight Mass (Extraordinary Form) at the Church of the Holy Innocents on Christmas (Eve night) at 12:01 AM, – yes, midnight. The Church of the Holy Innocents … Continue reading
Are you going to Midnight Mass?
Will a Mass called Midnight Mass actually be scheduled for 9:30?
What are your plans?
Post them here so as not to derail other entries.
Technorati Tags: Christmas, Midnight Mass
There is a POLL at the end!
Where will you be for Christmas this year and at which Mass do you plan to assist?
For Christmas this year, I will again be in New York City to celebrate the Miracle Near … Continue reading
From a reader:
My wife and I this year were going to attend Midnight Mass this year. My father was going to stay at our house to watch our 2 and 1 year olds since they will be sleeping. … Continue reading
I will be in Manhattan for Christmas.
Perhaps this time there can be a blognic. Who knows?
I am coming in part to be celebrant for a TLM Midnight Mass, at least a Missa cantata, and probably a Solemn Mass.
PLACE: Church of … Continue reading