Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Ed the Roman said He may be quiet. So are the Carthusians, but I don...
- Robbie said I join others when I say I miss him as Pope. I of...
- CatholicLiving said Beautiful. For us, Tenebrae tonight. This is a goo...
- Marcus de Alameda said A great Pope. Near and dear to my heart. Happy Bir...
- seattle_cdn said Should we have a reader-meetup? I’ll be head...
- Vecchio di Londra said ” for all that you did for us and Christ’s C...
- teejay329 said Oh Fr. Z…Godspeed. My journey there starts...
- TopSully said Almost 350 pair since yesterday. Outstanding!
- tcreek said The photo was posted on Mons. Guido Marini Facebo...
- aviva meriam said Tcreek, when was that picture taken?
- tcreek said Yes, that is George Bush in the background at the...
- tcreek said His birthday cake. https://www.facebook.com/photo....
- Priam1184 said Be safe and well Father. Am I wrong in assuming t...
- aviva meriam said Safe travels.
- rbbadger said I miss lire, too. In fact, I miss the Deutschmark...
- mrshopey said Happy Birthday to him! I miss him but glad he is...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Surely our beloved Pope Benedict is still doing gr...
- chantgirl said 3 pair of the flame retardant kind sent with a sho...
- acardnal said Do you plan to stay in Rome for the canonizations?...
- CatholicLiving said I think the Church is pretty clear on this one: “a...
- CatholicLiving said Very much miss him. Prayers for him and for Pope F...
- CatholicLiving said Ahh, to be in Rome during Holy Week!
- Phil_NL said 2 pairs on the way. The US armed forces are what h...
- M. K. said I miss lire as well – and francs too, for th...
- Dr. Edward Peters said rosaryarmy, imho you’ve made several interes...
- Mike said Such a gentle shepherd! It hurts to see his reputa...
- TNCath said Receive his prayers, fulfill his hopes, And grant...
- HobokenZephyr said Be careful, I think the airlines now charge $50 pe...
- wanda said Safe and happy travels, Fr. Z. May extra angels...
- HighMass said Legisperitus ….and in mine Also….Pius...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Midnight Mass
This comes up every year:
If I go to Midnight Mass, and it really starts at Midnight, and I receive Holy Communion, and if I go to Mass again during Christmas Day, can I receive Communion again?
The 1983 Code of Canon … Continue reading
Something remarkable occurred during the Holy Father’s Midnight Mass.
I had a note from a long time reader about this. I didn’t see the broadcast of the Mass this year, but it is archived and it can be viewed on demand.
In … Continue reading
Pope Benedict XVI’s Midnight Mass Homily:
Dear Brothers and Sisters!
The reading from Saint Paul’s Letter to Titus that we have just heard begins solemnly with the word “apparuit“, which then comes back again in the reading at the Dawn … Continue reading
Are you anywhere within striking distance of Manhattan?
There will be a Solemn Midnight Mass (Extraordinary Form) at the Church of the Holy Innocents on Christmas (Eve night) at 12:01 AM, – yes, midnight. The Church of the Holy Innocents … Continue reading
Are you going to Midnight Mass?
Will a Mass called Midnight Mass actually be scheduled for 9:30?
What are your plans?
Post them here so as not to derail other entries.
Technorati Tags: Christmas, Midnight Mass
There is a POLL at the end!
Where will you be for Christmas this year and at which Mass do you plan to assist?
For Christmas this year, I will again be in New York City to celebrate the Miracle Near … Continue reading
From a reader:
My wife and I this year were going to attend Midnight Mass this year. My father was going to stay at our house to watch our 2 and 1 year olds since they will be sleeping. … Continue reading
I will be in Manhattan for Christmas.
Perhaps this time there can be a blognic. Who knows?
I am coming in part to be celebrant for a TLM Midnight Mass, at least a Missa cantata, and probably a Solemn Mass.
PLACE: Church of … Continue reading