HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- rally1042: Thank you Father. Would not have known otherwise. Done!
- Mr. Graves: The best line in SkojecR 17;s whole piece is, ultimately , a comfort to the orthodox who are being marginaliz ed and persecuted in this era: “Men of Faggioli’s transit...
- CaliCatholicGuy: OF mass at 1700 today – “youth” mass with a worship band of baby boomers mostly, and a congregati on of 3/4ths boomers or older. Father spoke of the need to be balance...
- Kennedy: It’s lovely to read Maureen M’s comment about a priest from Nairobi, while I was at Mass in Nairobi and an Italian missionary , for whom I have great affection and admiration ,...
- DJAR: Our parish priest gave an excellent sermon on the mystery of Repentance . He specifical ly mentioned that, if so many people are receiving Holy Communion regularly, they should also be...
- Maureen M: We had a priest from Nairobi today giving a missionary appeal. He began his homily by asking all of us why we come to Mass each week. After touching on many different reasons people...
- TRW: Ordinary Form. Diocesan Mass. Reading about Martha and Mary. Father spoke about the need to find time for silence/ prayer/con templation . Basically explained that it wasn’ ;t an option.
- Discerning Altar Boy: In a world so focused on talking and sending output, we need to learn to listen. Like Mary, we should take time in the quiet moments to listen to the voice of the Lord.
- Mike: If they weren’t suppressed , John Carroll would not have come back to Maryland colonies and in 1789 founded Georgetown University . Oh, wait.
- Gab: TonyO, you’ re quite right. They will start with diaconate ordination s and then, of course, having accomplish ed that would push it further until female “pri ests” ; seem the...
- tzabiega: In Poland, there is a conference being planned on bioethics that is completely orthodox and is being organized by…t he Polish Jesuit Province, who in Poland are one of the leading...
- Uxixu: … celebrate the TLM and Latin 1962 Divine Office *Exclusive ly*
- Uxixu: While the initial suppressio n appears to be unjust, I do fear their structure has problems inherent to it if the leadership should become corrupted (as it undoubtedl y is). That said, would...
- TonyO: Whatever doubt there is legitimate ly with regard to the reason the Jesuits were suppressed in 1773, there can be no doubt that they have deserved suppressio n, lo for 4 decades and more in...
- Fuerza: Today̵ 7;s homily was a little unusual for me. I attended Mass at our diocesan cathedral, where I don’ t typically go. The homily was literally three sentences, and because of the...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee: Yep, those Rent-A-Mob s do exist. Supporters of these mobs have set up “wed ding registries ” on the Amazon dot com to provide support.
- iPadre: EF: Pentecost Season is time to strengthen and protect the gift of our Baptism. We were bound to hell, but God in His loving mercy swooped down like a mother bird to return us to the nest...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for this WDTPRS Fr. Z. Tooksam: Good point. Fr. Jim B: Well said Father, the lack of material and support from superiors does happen sometimes. Another problem is the venom...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. For those people it’s very personal- it’s all About Wonderful Me. According to news reports (even from Lib media) some have sought profession al...
- Gregg the Obscure: Father mentioned that some people have complained to him that Mass is boring. This has been a recurring theme in recent months, so i’m guessing he’s heard it a few...
- adriennep: This reminds me of The Lord of the World end-times novel by Robert Hugh Benson in which the last Pope has every remaining persecuted Catholic speak Latin. It acts as code language. So...
- Patrick71: Father used the seven loaves in the Gospel to teach about the seven sacraments and their role in our lives.
- Lurker 59: @Amerikane r The answer is complex and will vary according to the historian. It is largely seen as a political issue with the Society growing too powerful and influentia l for the tastes...
- TonyO: [The exaltation of sterile sexual selfish self-grati fication. She’s the Synod’s perfect young spokesdupe .] I have to ask this, Fr. Z: are you sure the term is “spo kesdupe 221;? I...
- bobbird: It was my understand ing as well that the Suppressio n of the Jesuits was inspired by Masons. The Jesuits had brought back untold numbers of Protestant s and spread the Faith into the New...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 22 July: Mary Magdalene – one tough cookie
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Minnesota
This is the sort of thing we native Minnesotans get into when the winter starts to drag. And, in honor of the UM Golden Gophers upcoming defeat of Penn State later today…
From a friend from back in my native Minnesota who has been living in China for some years now. He is Catholic and has been doing his best. It seems that he is helping to build where he is something … Continue reading
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE – MINNESOTANS – GET OUT THE VOTE! The campaign in favor of the Minnesota Marriage Amendment is heating up. Today there was a TV ad released: [wp_youtube]YqO9_I2akOQ[/wp_youtube] There will consequences of this amendment does not pass and … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground zero right now for defense of true marriage. The Church and right thinking people (in the matter of marriage) have a steep hill to ascend. The mainstream media is in control of the “topics” (a technical term … Continue reading
My fellow Minnesotans will have the opportunity on election day this November to vote in favor of an amendment to the Minnesota state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman. Minnesota is ground-zero for … Continue reading
From Media Report: Minn. Supreme Court Rejects ‘Repressed Memory’ Junk Science Against Priest, Media Yawns Last Wednesday, the Minnesota Supreme Court flatly rejected the psychological theory of “repressed memory” as bogus. The Court declared that scientific studies that have tried … Continue reading
At a conference not long ago, I learned that, in Minnesota, only 2% of those polled were undecided. That means everything hinges on voter turn out. Now this comes from KSTP: SurveyUSA/KSTP Poll: Marriage Amendment Supporters Lead Among Likely Voters … Continue reading
Readers want me to fisk one of our favorite contributors to the National Catholic Fishwrap, the perennial Sr. Maureen Fiedler. Alas, I two tags for Sister, the other is here. This week Sister has knuckle-slapped the Bishops of Wisconsin … Continue reading
I hope by now you have watched the Catholic News Service videos about the SSPX. Meanwhile, in my native place of Minnesota – ground zero for defense of true marriage – comes this! WARNING! The light reflected from all that … Continue reading
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one … Continue reading
I have something important to say to fellow Minnesotans. But first, I want to find out how many of you readers actually are Minnesotans. A quick poll.
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading
Let there be sung Te Deum and Non Nobis… wellllll…. Partly Nobis. This is from the Minneapolis Star Tribune. My emphases and comments. Budget cuts close 6 Planned Parenthood clinics in Minnesota Article by: JEREMY OLSON Planned Parenthood cites drop … Continue reading
The Catholic Spirit, Archdiocesan newspaper of my native place, has a piece about the testimony in defense of marriage given to the House Civil Law Committee of the Minnesota Legislature by His Excellency Most. Rev. Paul Sirba, Bishop of Duluth. … Continue reading
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune on7 February printed an editorial calling for no new limits on abortion rights. My emphases and comments with editing. Reject new limits on abortion rights If ending a pregnancy is legal, income should not be a barrier. … Continue reading