Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Geoffrey: I really expected Archbishop Gomez to reign in this event little by little. It seems like he has done nothing in this regard. Very sad.
- Red A Surcami: Please pray for the soul of Lt Col Ben L who passed two days ago. Also for my wife’s health and for me to have the grace to be a good care giver.
- Bellarmino Vianney: McCarrick should indeed publicly repent for the most grave evils that he has done – up to and including whatever he was involved with at the last conclave. And it is true...
- FrAnt: I went to the video above on YouTube. At this time it has 7609 views, 73 thumbs down, and 2 thumbs up. A majority of the comments are negative. And the best is that it is in the category of...
- iPadre: This event is the liberal love fest. I just don’ t get how it continues to go on.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Sawyer: Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. All the usual suspects. Can one hope for honesty about the issues in such a context? I doubt...
- Charles Sercer: Spraffmeis ter, Those sound like some reasonable suggestion s. I have nothing against having a full calendar of saints as long as modificati ons for how each ranking is carried out...
- Sawyer: Oh, I forgot to add that Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. Readers can view workshop titles and read descriptio ns here: http://rec ongress...
- Diana: As a new TLM goer, I found this discussion to be very helpful, as I often ask myself the same thing as I watch what others do: “sho uld I be doing that?̶ 1; “why are they...
- Diana: Please pray for my husband 217;s conversion . Thank you.
- semperficatholic: Holy Office January 28, 1954 Warning of the Holy Office concerning the “Pro mises of St. Bridget 221; In some places, a little work has been disseminat ed called the...
- Sawyer: Mahony has been a frequently scheduled speaker over the past several years. Nothing new there. Usually on the immigratio n topic. Fr. James Martin will speak again, of course. Gomez has...
- SanSan: This is insanely remarkable . Who will take over this train wreck and put a stop to it?!
- teomatteo: With all thats going on in the church Archbishop Gomez does… ;.nothing.
- Semper Gumby: Prayers for all intentions here.
- Semper Gumby: Lurker 59, Grant M, et al: Good points. Fr. Murray wrote an open letter to McCarrick, Fr. Z posted it on 19 September.
- barryaltarserver1985: For me to get a job and for a new (and faithful) Archbishop in Washington
- spraffmeister: I think that an approach similar to that of the “Cur rent Tridentine Ordo” ; would be the best option, i.e. follow the principles of St Pius V, in that the saints on the...
- CradleRevert: Those sound like the Mozarabic chant versions of the Lamentatio ns. They are extraordin arily beautiful versions of the Lamentatio ns. We’v e sang them for Tenebrae the last two...
- frjim4321: We have to not only stand on the altar but also put a ladder on it to cover the crucifix for passiontid e. But the altar cloth and corporal are removed and cardboard is put on the marble...
- JamesF-J: For UK readers could I also highly recommend Sams Rosaries: http://www .samsrosar ies.co.uk/ index.php . I have their black agate and sterling silver rosary (lovely weight to it) and they...
- Bellarmino Vianney: Can anyone actually confirm the letter was really written by Vigano? Some have commented on the oddities of such a public letter. It actually makes Vigano look bad to demand...
- JonPatrick: In 2009 when I decided to get serious about my faith I bought a rosary at the gift shop of the Franciscan Friary in Kennebunkp ort ME. It started to fall apart last year, so I bought...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for posting this. The rosary I bought at the Basilica Cathedral of St. Cecile in Albi is about to fall apart. I need a new rosary.
- Clinton R.: “In The Present Crisis we need the Most Holy Rosary now more than ever.̶ 1; Amen, Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
- BOOK RECEIVED
- ASK FATHER: “I’m seriously considering adopting some form of sedevacantism”
- ASK FATHER: Advice about homeschooling and High School
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Ready for the Epiphany Blessings
- The Party of Death, having a party at the 116th Congress
- An Argentinian bishop on Communion in the hand
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Minnesota
From a friend from back in my native Minnesota who has been living in China for some years now. He is Catholic and has been doing his best. It seems that he is helping to build where he is something … Continue reading
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE – MINNESOTANS – GET OUT THE VOTE! The campaign in favor of the Minnesota Marriage Amendment is heating up. Today there was a TV ad released: [wp_youtube]YqO9_I2akOQ[/wp_youtube] There will consequences of this amendment does not pass and … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground zero right now for defense of true marriage. The Church and right thinking people (in the matter of marriage) have a steep hill to ascend. The mainstream media is in control of the “topics” (a technical term … Continue reading
My fellow Minnesotans will have the opportunity on election day this November to vote in favor of an amendment to the Minnesota state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman. Minnesota is ground-zero for … Continue reading
From Media Report: Minn. Supreme Court Rejects ‘Repressed Memory’ Junk Science Against Priest, Media Yawns Last Wednesday, the Minnesota Supreme Court flatly rejected the psychological theory of “repressed memory” as bogus. The Court declared that scientific studies that have tried … Continue reading
At a conference not long ago, I learned that, in Minnesota, only 2% of those polled were undecided. That means everything hinges on voter turn out. Now this comes from KSTP: SurveyUSA/KSTP Poll: Marriage Amendment Supporters Lead Among Likely Voters … Continue reading
Readers want me to fisk one of our favorite contributors to the National Catholic Fishwrap, the perennial Sr. Maureen Fiedler. Alas, I two tags for Sister, the other is here. This week Sister has knuckle-slapped the Bishops of Wisconsin … Continue reading
I hope by now you have watched the Catholic News Service videos about the SSPX. Meanwhile, in my native place of Minnesota – ground zero for defense of true marriage – comes this! WARNING! The light reflected from all that … Continue reading
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one … Continue reading
I have something important to say to fellow Minnesotans. But first, I want to find out how many of you readers actually are Minnesotans. A quick poll.
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading
Let there be sung Te Deum and Non Nobis… wellllll…. Partly Nobis. This is from the Minneapolis Star Tribune. My emphases and comments. Budget cuts close 6 Planned Parenthood clinics in Minnesota Article by: JEREMY OLSON Planned Parenthood cites drop … Continue reading
The Catholic Spirit, Archdiocesan newspaper of my native place, has a piece about the testimony in defense of marriage given to the House Civil Law Committee of the Minnesota Legislature by His Excellency Most. Rev. Paul Sirba, Bishop of Duluth. … Continue reading
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune on7 February printed an editorial calling for no new limits on abortion rights. My emphases and comments with editing. Reject new limits on abortion rights If ending a pregnancy is legal, income should not be a barrier. … Continue reading