- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Eugene said With regards to being too familiar with priests I...
- GFB said Thank you once again for another inspiring AdventC...
- David Collins said Given that faithful Christians are woefully outnum...
- Gratias said My defense of our dedicated priests is very simple...
- Phil_NL said It’s not about what Father is reading on his...
- ray from mn said There is another, really bad, form of clericalism....
- Uxixu said Oh yeah forgot to add that iPeta has a great secti...
- Mr. Green said Lady Marchmain: I believe there is also some sensi...
- Uxixu said I’ve used the rosary app in Church, before w...
- Uxixu said I’ll pray for his soul, but I’m not mo
- frroberts said While I cannot agree with the craziness of the res...
- Bea said Thanks, Father Through the plug and FOR the plug t...
- Fr. Denis Lemieux said Just to add my two cents, I can assure you that pr...
- Fr. Denis Lemieux said Nuns, Busted.
- Quanah said @ albinus1, Just an observation, not a criticism...
- cresci said (I think it’s a déjá-vu or I might have comm...
- lsclerkin said Suburbanbanshee Vecchio di Londra Thank you thank...
- KingofCharity said Today, Canada’s Supreme Court struck down th...
- Dienekes said Just took a bath prior to reading the article. I t...
- iPadre said As they say, “There is no turning the clocks...
- Joe in Canada said with regards to Bob Newhart’s caving in and...
- MikeD said Cardinal Ratzinger, as always, has interesting thi...
- albinus1 said My sister told that once when she went to Confessi...
- acardnal said I don’t think anyone should have an electron...
- Midwest St. Michael said “I’m sorry, but I’m a man under authority. I lack...
- HighMass said Of Course the is a campaign against any Priest who...
- ChrisRawlings said MD, I don’t know if it is clericalism, but u...
- StJude said Phil Robertson’s conversion story. https://w...
- SKAY said http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/19/hundreds-of...
- aviva meriam said I’ll admit something that may sound weird: I...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 21: 3rd Saturday of Advent – no power can take it from us
- Proper “clericalism” defined and defended
- Hell’s Bible and a Secular Apotheosis: another lesson in our “culture war”
- QUAERITUR: Father had an iPad in the confessional!
- Comments on the Duck Dynasty controversy
- ADVENTCAzT 20: 3rd Friday of Advent – “in front of him stands The Tempter…”
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Minnesota
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading
Let there be sung Te Deum and Non Nobis… wellllll…. Partly Nobis.
This is from the Minneapolis Star Tribune. My emphases and comments.
Budget cuts close 6 Planned Parenthood clinics in Minnesota
Article by: JEREMY OLSON
Planned Parenthood cites drop in Title X funding, … Continue reading
The Catholic Spirit, Archdiocesan newspaper of my native place, has a piece about the testimony in defense of marriage given to the House Civil Law Committee of the Minnesota Legislature by His Excellency Most. Rev. Paul Sirba, Bishop of Duluth. … Continue reading
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune on7 February printed an editorial calling for no new limits on abortion rights. My emphases and comments with editing.
Reject new limits on abortion rights
If ending a pregnancy is legal, income should not be a barrier. [Translation: The … Continue reading
I wonder if there is a federal statute that covers using the U.S Postal Service for the distribution of discriminatory printed material aimed at a specific religious group. I am no lawyer, but I can wonder. Right?
Yesterday I posted an … Continue reading
I have seen this story in various places, but LifeSite has a good summary.
A campaign postcard the Minnesota Democratic Party sent to voters in the Midwestern state is causing a strong reaction from pro-life advocates. It claims the … Continue reading
Here is a CNA story that cuts to the chase.
My emphases and comments:
Same-sex attraction doesn’t justify redefining marriage, Minnesota bishops explain
St. Paul, Minn., Oct 10, 2010 / 07:44 am (CNA).- The Catholic bishops of Minnesota have issued a brief statement … Continue reading
A few days ago the Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis, H.e. Most Rev. John Nienstedt, had an op-ed piece in the Minneapolis Star Tribune in support of a defense of marriage amendment to the Minnesota Constitution.
You can find this … Continue reading