Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- OrthodoxChick said I don’t get it. Is this real, or more irony...
- robtbrown said Brooklyn says, Maybe we need to trust a little mo...
- Imrahil said Dear acardnal, yes. It is. The rainbow flag certai...
- robtbrown said How about a UFC tournament for peace? Or Demoliti...
- david andrew said I’m raising polecats for peace.
- benedetta said Fr. Z: I propose…Hockey…for peace!
- PA mom said For the NO I have purchased the “Child of Go...
- acardnal said Brooklyn, Thomas S.: pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! The r...
- robtbrown said I am a Beatles fan from way back. They first appe...
- donato2 said correction on the last line (that was from the wro...
- donato2 said “Imagine” is a good song, if you tweek...
- TNCath said I suppose Pope Francis had no idea that any of thi...
- Brooklyn said Thomas S, you are absolutely right about the mea...
- Imrahil said Dear No More Tambourines, that does not seem the o...
- eiggam said For the Novus Ordo, I am not crazy about Magnifiki...
- No More Tambourines said But soccer CAN lead to world peace. If everyone w...
- Rich said This is an extremely helpful post, Father. Thank...
- Mike said . . . where are all the Christian, Hindu, Buddhis...
- Imrahil said Well, “pro-diversity” is just propagan...
- Imrahil said If something is enough to cause something, than th...
- Lutgardis said The most useful resource we have found for the Nov...
- Thomas S said I remembering hearing that the rainbow flag had a...
- Imrahil said But Father… but Father… the rainbow fl...
- DeGaulle said ’ He described wannabe jihadists as ‘bored, under...
- TaylorKH said A lot of words here. Pope Francis is in charge no...
- benedetta said No women you say? Oooo. I predict a full page ed...
- acardnal said Maybe Cat Stevens will sing “Peace TrainR...
- APX said I received a St. Joseph Children’s Missal fo...
- ChrisRawlings said To be fair, the rainbow flag, often with the Itali...
- benedetta said Bracing myself for all the excellent proposed alte...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: moon
In your kindness, please stop and pray for Neil Armstrong, who has died at the age of 82.
This is for your Just Too Cool file.
As you read this, keep in mind that The First Gay President has killed our manned space program, thus enervating our collective imaginations and making us dependent on those who don’t like us. … Continue reading
At APotD I saw this interesting news: Pluto has a fifth moon!
A fifth moon has been discovered orbiting Pluto. The moon was discovered earlier this month in images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope in preparation for the New Horizons … Continue reading
TRANSIT OF VENUS TODAY – rarest of all eclipses – 5 June 22:10 UTC – 6 June 4:50 UTC – the last in our lifetimes
NOTE THE TIMES, below, in UNIVERSAL TIME.
Explanation: Today Venus moves in front of the Sun. One way to follow this rare event is to actively reload the above live image of the Sun during the right time interval and look for an unusual circular dark … Continue reading
The other day the Full Moon was at perigee (the closest point during its eliptical orbit). At Astronomy Pic of the Day has a great comparison of “Supermoon” and the Sun, taken with the same equipment. You can see that “Supermoon” … Continue reading
Jimmy Akin reminded me today that it is the anniversary of the day an oxygen tank exploded in the Service Module of Apollo 13 on its way to our great natural satellite’s Fra Mauro Highlands, named after the 15th c. … Continue reading
Under the recent entry about titular sees, the question arose about which bishop would have jurisdiction over the Moon.
I think there are conflicting claims. I heard once that Rome itself had jurisdiction.
However, there is another claim.
Sometimes it is said that … Continue reading
This is simply too cool not to share.
After voting for WDTPRS (which will take about 5 seconds) take a look at this.
This from Astronomy Pic of the Day.
About 1,300 images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft’s wide angle camera were … Continue reading