You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Tradster said OK,I’m curious to know why G.I.Jane feminist...
- Geoffrey said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- billy said Much ado about nothing. Nobody knows more about th...
- Bob B. said In the Army, we couldn’t carry an umbrella e...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said pjsandstrom, It is a misconception that the Latin...
- McCall1981 said @ Joecct77 And they say its Nun of the VaticanR...
- L. said I’m no fan of the President, to say the leas...
- Fr Martin Fox said I appreciate the comments by those in the military...
- LarryW2LJ said And in the end, the President should remember that...
- Phillip said The President is Commander in Chief of the armed f...
- joecct77 said Sounds like the LCWR has developed some bad habits...
- happyCatholic said I agree with FrDulli and Tim Ferguson. There is a...
- Luvadoxi said I’m not sure this is a problem–the reg...
- Absit invidia said Speaking of Obama, Benghazi, and Emperor Nero . ....
- Jean Marie said While the Swiss Guardman’s would consider it...
- Absit invidia said Andrew and jmv, This is just another example of ho...
- LarryW2LJ said Sorry, but I beg to differ. It’s not making...
- Gulielmus said No one opposes Obama’s policies more than I&...
- Deacon Bill said I agree with jmvbxx: this IS a mountain out of a m...
- Nan said It’s still tacky even if he is the commander...
- Late for heaven said I appreciate the charity of those who try to mitig...
- jmvbxx said Mountain out of a molehill!
- Tim Capps said Umbrella Stand Marine Corps? I think not! It just...
- FrDulli said What about the secret service? Or an intern from...
- Andrew Saucci said I am still hoping that I might live long enough to...
- Stu said Well, it’s not an unlawful order by the Comm...
- Tim Ferguson said Isn’t that a covered porch a few feet behind...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Clearly I wasn’t the only one put off by thi...
- Cantor said In a battle with protocol directives of the Marine...
- Andrew Saucci said While this is not good, it is a mere speck compare...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: mortification
From a reader:
I have a question regarding what kind of penances I should do as a married layperson. I feel a strong desire to do penance both for personal sins and as a sacrifice for the conversion of my family. … Continue reading
“And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads.”
Under the entry about our obligation to attend Holy Mass, someone posted this comment (I removed it to here):
I’ve always had a fantasy where I make wallet sized Catholic obligation cards. These would have check boxes or punch boxes for … Continue reading
Lent begins in a week, 22 February this year.
It is time to make your plans for Lent.
You should start thinking about one or more mortifications (and consider something other than chocolate) as well as some corporal and/or spiritual work of mercy … Continue reading
It is a Christian custom that we fast before our feasts.
Our friends at Rorate remind us that before 1965, 23 and 24 December were days of fasting and abstinence.
May I suggest to you good readers that you do something along … Continue reading
Remember today’s LENTCAzT.
Devotionem populi tui, quaesumus, Domine,
ut, qui per abstinentiam macerantur in corpore,
per fructum boni operis reficiantur in mente.
In the Novus Ordo the prayer is somewhat softened. Are you getting used to that now?
Devotionem … Continue reading