- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Philippa Martyr said For Example, I was disgusted but silent when Pope...
- The Sicilian Woman said Anyone remember the Brady Bunch episode in Hawaii...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Would salutations such as “Happy Holy-days a...
- eben said I’m genuinely surprised and delighted to see...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The supposed female figure with its single swollen...
- TXKathi said Thank you Father
- amenamen said Structures of sin?
- Another day at clinical, another prayer | confusionandknitting said [...] of course, Fr. Z, right on top of the issue....
- jflare said Bridget, I must suggest that the gent who offered...
- voiceinthewilderness said So very wrong. Even when there is a crazy cleric i...
- majuscule said friarpark– The first link you provided…...
- jflare said “For the free market: doctors opting out of...
- jflare said Well, I read Mr. Shaw’s piece on PewSitter f...
- Tamquam said It reminds me of nothing so much as a crude knock...
- Pope Francis’s Evangelii Gaudium: Economy and Culture | Catholic Moral Theology said [...] statements in an overly individualistic way....
- friarpark said Terrible. Worse than what they did to the Cathedr...
- Father Maurer said Would that instituted readers restored to the Chur...
- LadyMarchmain said Rachel K, I kindof agree with you, but then I look...
- lucindatcm said Thank you Father! Our miserable flesh….IR...
- Michelle F said If the woman in Fr. Z’s post wants people to...
- Hank Igitur said This thing is crap. Put it in a Masonic Temple.
- adeacon said In response to iPadre, I do agree, I have attended...
- Priam1184 said @AnimatedCatholic: The Church doesn’t belo...
- ChesterFrank said Friedrich Press Is a German artist who learned his...
- Philippa Martyr said Acceptance of sex outside of valid marriage, would...
- CGPearson said I just don’t understand how this sort of thi...
- pjthom81 said Hi everyone, I have given this a lot of thought an...
- jmgarciajr said Fr Martin Fox says: “Aside from everything e...
- BLB Oregon said <> Trader Vic’s!! That captures it. Ho...
- New Sister said That’s barbaric
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Msgr. Pozzo
On Gloria.TV there is an interesting video interview with the Secretary of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”, Msgr. Guido Pozzo, about many matters concerning the SSPX, the talks with the Holy See, and the traditional form of the Roman Rite. … Continue reading
From the site of the SSPX. Here is the salient parts, as far as I can tell. Read the whole thing there.
[...]When I stated on August 15 of this year that we were in agreement on the fact that we … Continue reading
The Instruction on the application of the provisions of Summorum Pontificum, entitled Universae Ecclesiae, in paragraph 28, says in an English version:
Furthermore, by virtue of its character of special law, within its own area, the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum derogates … Continue reading
Over at NLM there is a very useful entry, which also asks from some help from people who are competent in German.
At the German site of Vatican Radio there was an interview with the Secretary of my old haunt the … Continue reading
A reader sent a link to an engaging address given at Wigratzbad (the FSSP HQ) by the Secretary of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” back on 2 July about “Aspects of Catholic ecclesiology in the reception [assimilation] of Vatican II”.
He … Continue reading
I have been having an internet nightmare for a few days, so I am pretty sure someone may have picked up on this already.
I have had many discussions with priest friends about the flexibility with the provisions of Summorum … Continue reading