Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Joy65: Praying for the future of our Catholic Church that ALL Priests will be good, holy devout and be serving God and Neighbor not themselves . As I always do daily praying for ALL Pries...
- EmilB: Facing complexity in decision making?! Join the club sister! Try being a man some time. A straight man. With boys to raise. In this current cultural cesspool.
- Julia_Augusta: I know where this anger comes from. I grew up in a predominan tly Catholic country where abortion is still banned and where there is no divorce to this day. Here’s what it’s like:...
- dbf223: “The number of conservati ve or traditiona l bishops being appointed will probably drop, thus creating a slowly growing identity rift between faithful and their local chief pastors...
- frjimt: A great time to begin the novena to st anne… ; Starting July 17th… ;26th
- cantrix: EF Mass: Why did the Lord commend the cheating steward? Because he was assiduous and careful in obtaining his goals. Do we work that persistent ly on our spiritual goals? Father also spoke...
- MjMcC: “ind ividual conscience ” You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
- Ms. M-S: This post brought to mind the image of pruning in a vineyard to encourage the fruitful branches. If you want to see (and hear) the future of the Church, go to a TLM.
- mepoindexter: Our diocese just appointed our EF priest as full-time “Dio cesian Administra tor for the Extraordin ary Form” ;. For us this could be described as “Goo d news” ;...
- Sandy: Praying the Memorare on this feast day of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. May Our Mother help her priest sons, you too Father Z.
- Il Ratzingeriano: A holy priest who embraces celibacy and the ChurchR 17;s teachings concerning sexuality can dispassion ately present marriage in all its beauty and as such is uniquely qualif...
- Fr. Kelly: Elizabeth D, please allow me to express profound thanks for the spiritual insights you have provided for us in these comments. With you, I hold that an order of penitents might add to...
- Eoin OBolguidhir: Well, I heard Fellay was lookin’ for a new gig. Coulda been him.
- LarryW2LJ: Agree totally with HvonBlumen thal. I would think that priests hear enough in the confession al that they have witnessed a lot regarding the failings of married couples. Without reveal...
- jhayes: Elizabeth D, of course you are right that “Jes us is scandalous exactly like that” ; When a woman described as a sinner washed his feet at the house of Simon the Pharisee, Simon...
- sekcatholic: To say that a priest has no credibilit y on marriage preparatio n because he has no lived experience is akin to saying that a priest has no credibilit y to console the dying because he...
- Gregg the Obscure: Each of us has been called by the Lord. He has entrusted each of us with suitable responsibi lities
- Unwilling: The Soul of the Apostolate by Dom Jean-Bapti ste Chautard, O.C.S.O. TAN Books has a nice blurb. https://ww w.tanbooks .com/index .php/soul- of-the-apo stolate-31 48.html
- TonyO: Amerikaner says: I believe the comment is intended to prime the mind for the idea for married priests. Spot on. The cardinal is speaking from a wealth of ignorance, which he is kindly trying...
- JonPatrick: EF Mass for 8th Sunday after Pentecost. We don’ t own anything, we are just stewards of what God created. Even the money in our bank account is God’ s money. Like the...
- chesterton63: Now I finally understand how could Jesus get it so wrong about marriage to say that it should have been indissolub le. He didn’ ;t have first-hand experience .
- JSzczuka: Praying!
- KateD: Prayed the posted prayer + Joy65 prayers and a direct appeal for Father P’s safety from all harm, and if it should be God’ s holy will that this be a time of testing for Father...
- PurrPurr: Homily centered around the Gospel of Jesus sending out the Apostles with only 1 tunic and a walking staff, instructin g them to get all their needs met at the first house they enter upon...
- Elizabeth D: Without Mary Magdalene, there is simply no woman repentant sexual sinner on the universal Church calendar. I think a great many people don’ t realize how women can encoun...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- What could possibly go wrong?
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
- Does “Beans” @MassimoFaggioli undermine ‘Humanae vitae’?
- ASK FATHER: Mom baptized my child in the bathtub
- INTERESTING UPDATE – Pope Francis phones Gianni Vattimo, philosopher of “weak thought”
- SSPX ELECTS NEW SUPERIOR GENERAL – UPDATED
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem
- ASK FATHER: Should a priest have a day off?
- ASK FATHER: Traditional Latin Mass in a Protestant church?
- Madame Defarge (@MichaelSWinters) is upset that people don’t find the Terror – applied to real people today – very funny.
- A little bright spot for your day, a discrete packet of energy for your mind.
- Fr. Perrone: The greatest weapon within the grasp of every Catholic is the keeping of a well-ordered soul
- “We have to learn how to be Roman priests again.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Left freaks out over SCOTUS pick. Hilarious tweets ensue.
- New FSSP Superior General elected, SSPX is gathered, CSJC … we shall see.
- A mosque at the site of the Battle of Tours!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 07/07/07 – Summorum Pontificum 11 years on – WORK HARDER!
- ASK FATHER: It’s getting hard to find suitable godparents
- Progress of the Vatican Cricket Team
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Mystic Monk Coffee
From a reader…I learned that people were not able to post comments from their mobile phones because they got blocked at the PREVIEW part. I shut off the preview. However, friends, please proof read. Posting successive comments saying “I meant … Continue reading
May I make a suggestion?
If you are using a bookmarked link from my blog to order your Mystic Monk Coffee – which, by the way, is swell – please UPDATE your link.
Why do I post this? Quite a few … Continue reading
Everyone, make plans to party. Today is the anniversary of the elevation of His Holiness Pope Clement XIV to the See of Peter in 1769. His family name is Ganganelli.
One good way to celebrate the glorious event of his election would … Continue reading
It’s mid-afternoon coffee time.
How is your supply?
You know what to do.
Don’t send any snail mail to the address I posted for Christmas Cards, etc. It is defunct.
UPDATE 5 January 2016:
The Christmas Cards for 2015 are still trickling in. Here is the latest update.
Port Washington, OH
Fort Collins, CO
Vero Beach, … Continue reading
In these USA, Thanksgiving Day is coming up fast. After that, Advent will be upon us.
You may have need for both hostess gifts when you are invited to people’s homes for Thanksgiving. You may have need for small gifts for office … Continue reading
I had a note from a priest reader today about the progress the Wyoming Carmelites are making with the building of their new monastery. HERE
I thought you might appreciate a little note about the Carmelite Monastery in the works in WY — … Continue reading
Good news from the Wyoming Carmelites for you TEA drinkers!
The Mystic Monk coffee Carmelites have available for pre-order their new line of TEAS.
I had this note from the Carmelites:
Because of the new individual teabag packaging, Mystica teas stay fresher … Continue reading
So, Starbucks has a concert supposedly to honor veterans. They invite people to perform whom they knew would do an anti-war song from era when vets were scorned and they invited a rapper whose lack of class is demonstrated through … Continue reading
Okay… I just had to post this.
I saw at Mystic Monk that there is now a flavored coffee (if you are into that sort of thing) called… and I am not making this up…
Snickering Monk Candy Bar.
And don’t forget … Continue reading
… actually, it’s for the Carmelites in Wyoming, and both you, dear reader, and me.
As I quaff a wonderfully refreshing Iced Coffee, made with Mystic Monk Coffee, I am enjoying a cute photo one of you readers sent along:
This proud … Continue reading
A brilliant priest of my acquaintance has sent a photo after having filled the rectory coffee nook with Mystic Monk Coffee K-Cups.
They also have very good taste in coffee mugs there.
I especially like the spiffy Star Trek effect from off the coffee … Continue reading
19 states join legal fight against New Jersey’s concealed weapons law
CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Wyoming is leading a coalition of 19 states asking the U.S. Supreme Court to let them submit a brief supporting a New Jersey man’s challenge to … Continue reading
Do you give little gifts for St. Nicholas Day (other than the lumps of coal to distribute)? Do you have office parties or some gatherings wherein you are to give small gifts?
The Carmelites in Wyoming have just the thing for … Continue reading