Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson said As a canonist, I tend to like my decrees in nice,...
- cwillia1 said In places where abortion is common a woman goes to...
- Volanges said And of course that would be “their 15 year o...
- Volanges said My understanding is that the sin of abortion canno...
- Filipino Catholic said Re Imrahil: McKinley’s comment is all the mo...
- Patrick-K said Even Breitbart spun this one into a “soft on...
- VeritasVereVincet said arga: My understanding–which could be incorr...
- Father G said Here is the Extraordinary Form version with commun...
- Giuseppe said A sin is a sin. It is acting against God’s...
- Absit invidia said I’m glad Pope Francis did this. This is the...
- Giuseppe said Given the gravity of souls uncleansed during the Y...
- inara said Mr. MAGOOOO!!! His creator was from up in da Nortw...
- rahook said I’m sorry, but I don’t follow your dis...
- Jim in VT said I must say that I love the use of a .45 ACP as a s...
- amont said I do not believe I have observed any comments to t...
- Andrew Saucci said To underscore what Fr. Z said under “NB,R...
- donato2 said Spirit of Vatican II RIP? I don’t get the jo...
- Peter in Canberra said Interesting choice of metaphorical cartoon Fr Z ...
- arga said I wish someone would explain the difference betwee...
- iamlucky13 said I noticed he voiced the opposite reading of the la...
- Ann Malley said “…Is Mercy no longer applicable for so...
- Tamara T. said I am trying very hard to understand so much of wha...
- APX said Fr. D, It is my understanding that there is only o...
- poohbear said Thank you Fr Z. Its so confusing sometimes and you...
- Julian Barkin said Thank you for these much needed clarifications Fr....
- Ann Malley said Father, With all due respect, those described as S...
- pjthom81 said If I might make a serious observation….. Not...
- tjmurphy said It has been close to 30 years since I have seen a...
- Auggie said Although the Society believes they already have fa...
- Ivan said I am no canonist and you, Father, undoubtedly know...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE! (135)
- CAPTION CALL (51)
- Ed Peters on the ‘sin’ of abortion, the ‘crime’ of abortion, and excommunication (36)
- Smoking Gun Book™ about last year’s chaotic Synod (36)
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much (26)
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it! (25)
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet (24)
- OBITUARY: Spirit of Vatican II – RIP – 53 years of age (21)
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns (19)
- LEGO MASS SET BRICKS (yes… Legos for Mass!) (18)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Explaining the Year of Mercy “abortion forgiveness faculty”
- More about this whole Pope Francis, SSPX lack of faculties, Year of Mercy confessions thing
- Recently Received Items
- A note about the necessary faculty priests must have licitly and validly to absolve sins
- New lenses for the Pope
- LEGO MASS SET BRICKS (yes… Legos for Mass!)
- ASK FATHER: Father with dementia “absolved” by Episcopalian
- OBITUARY: Spirit of Vatican II – RIP – 53 years of age
- How Spirit got there
- 70th Anniversary of end of WWII
- Smoking Gun Book™ about last year’s chaotic Synod
- From 1965: Paul Harvey’s “If I were the Devil”
- Thomas Aquinas College will not compromise
- Ed Peters on the ‘sin’ of abortion, the ‘crime’ of abortion, and excommunication
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE!
- ACORN promotes the Black Lives Matter thing
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it!
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Texas Deputy Murdered for being LEO
- CAPTION CALL
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Mystic Monk Coffee
SOLAR FLARE ALERT! But don’t worry, because “Firedrake Keeps You Safe”! (Short Wave and Ham Radio Fun)
A convergence of events drives me yet again to post, on this bloggily-productive day. First, a TEOTWAWKI Solar Flare, Coronal Mass Ejection and resulting grid killing EMP may be coming…. From SpaceWeather: ACTIVE SUNSPOT: One of the biggest sunspots of … Continue reading
It’s mid-afternoon coffee time. How is your supply? You know what to do.
URGENT UPDATE! I just had a note from “Brother Java” of the Wyoming Carmelites. On your behalf I wrote to suggest decaf in K-Cups as well. Here is the response: Dear Father, Thanks for the suggestion! We’re going to add … Continue reading
During the summer months I occasionally mention iced-coffee. Did you know that the Wyoming Carmelites have a coffee maker especially for iced-coffee? Ecce! The Bodum Iced-Coffee Maker. It is like a French press. You add the coffee and cold water, stir (always … Continue reading
For your opportune knowledge. The Wyoming Carmelites are offering a new Coffee of the Month: Kenyan AA Auction Lot Representing the very summit of coffee perfection, the Kenyan AA Auction Lot is virtually flawless in every respect. The characteristic acidity … Continue reading
Other than the fact that I get a commission every time you buy Mystic Monk Coffee using my links… and please, I ask you to do so, because it really helps… this video will also show you why I like … Continue reading
It is about 90°F and high humidity. Sooooo…. thirstyyyyy….. It’s time for a glass of iced tea! Refresh your Mystic Monk Tea or Coffee supply HERE. In the meantime, I made new editions of the Catholic and Faithful – American … Continue reading
It is muggy and hot and sunny and the perfect day to make iced-tea or iced-coffee. I make jars of sun tea. QUAERITUR: Where might get good tea and coffee these days while at the same time helping sound and … Continue reading
Yesterday (and early today) was the super rare Transit of Venus, but a while back there was a spiffing eclipse of the Moon. Here is a great photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day, of said eclipse over Cody, WY, … Continue reading