HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Andrew: Saint Robert Bellarmine , bishop and doctor of the Church, from the Society of Jesus, who assesed the theologica l controvers ies of his time in a peculiar and subtle fashion. After he...
- Godisgood: Precisely so we can be purged of our attachment to anything other than God and to “pay ” the temporal punishment due to the sins which have been forgiven. Frankly, I think...
- Godisgood: Beautiful!
- Godisgood: Well said!
- Benedict Joseph: “Dia bolical plot.̶ 1; That’ ;s it in a nutshell with no ambiguity. The truth straight up. The Rosary is every day for years. Five more Oreos in the bag. When they...
- sendero: WmHesch; A catholic conference with priests and laity meet in a Holiday Inn combined conference rooms in Ohio annually. Why do bishops deserve differentl y? Are they not against the second...
- Julia_Augusta: I’m starting with the Ember Days – Sept 18, 20 and 21. [How about a decade of the Rosary every day and one day of fasting per week?]
- JonathanTX: Only a handful of bishops are speaking out about the dangers of the Amazon Synod.. out of 5501 living bishops in the world. Are the rest complicit with the goals of the working docume...
- tho: If God forgets our sins why do we have Purgatory?
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: I’m in, but I have a clarificat ion. If one prays the familyR 17;s rosary for this intention, and doesn̵ 7;t pray a separate, distinct decade, does this satisfy...
- Gab: Dumb question but is the call to recite one decade of the Holy Rosary meant in addition to the daily Rosary already said?
- Benedict Joseph: Veritas vincit is referencin g an event in the lives of Saint Margaret Mary and the Jesuit Saint Claude de la Colombière . Picture this in the context of the great revelation of...
- Gaetano: Our pastor sent a parish-wid e email about this. We are doing it together as a family.
- matcast: When the Pope was talking about God “for getting 221; our sins, I didn’ ;t interpret it as He “for gets” ; our sins like one forgets where he or she put his or her...
- carndt: I’m in and started today.
- carndt: Going to a lecture on Spiritual Warfare at my parish tonight. Will definitely announce this.
- Elizabeth Rose: I am in, too
- maternalView: There̵ 7;s a cute little meme going around that says “whe n people bring up your past tell them Jesus stopped the charges. ” When my friends post that I respond...
- Ellen: I’m in for this.
- FN: I use FB profession ally, and do not have the option of quitting at the moment. I purposely attempt to scramble their data on me with random behavior outside the scope of my actual profess...
- SanSan: www.mylife .com is an eye openerR 30;… background check on anyone and everyone 8211;every thing from social media that you have ever been apart of is there for all to see. You...
- Glennonite: “In war, there are no lies… ;only stratagems .” 8211;Hanni bal Smith (the A-Team), quoting U.S. Grant
- GregB: I’ve never been a member of Facebook, and only rarely go there. Their ever shape-shif ting privacy policies gives me the creeps. From what I’ve read employers will often take...
- Grant M: As King T’Ch alla would say, we don’ t do that here.
- BenFischer: I thought Jesus said as much in the Divine Mercy visions (or another visionary) . St Faustian or whoever was stressing about a previously confessed sin and Jesus told her “do not be...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
- Your Good News
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt
- Tech advice from readers about new computer
- “The Church of priests is coming to an end.” What’s really going on.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Nancy Pelosi
Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi rides again! Same-sex ‘marriage’ is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic Faith
It has been awhile since Rep. Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi said something stupid about Catholicism. It’s her turn again! At LifeSite I read: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader … Continue reading
At onenewsnow we find this about Nancy “the theologian” Pelosi, stooge for bi-business abortion. Who’s to blame for Pelosi? Her church… A prominent pro-life organization is calling on the Roman Catholic Church to send a signal to House Minority Leader … Continue reading
A couple of really sad women… horrific world views… tragic consequences. First, Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi at CNS: (CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) criticized Republican attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act in … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi (D-CA), devout practicing Catholic and mother! Ain’t she sweet? Listen to her nasty snapping tone when she is asked about big business abortion by a reporter. To defend her darling Planned Parenthood, she’d tear the throat out … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi… words fail! From LifeSite: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, says that same-sex “marriage” is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic … Continue reading
More biting commentary from Lutheran Satire. Fun. Watch to the end.
Canon 915! From CNS: SF Archbishop on Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion (CNSNews.com) – Responding to statements made by House Minority Leader Nancy [the Theologian] Pelosi [more HERE] — who would not say at her … Continue reading
I saw this at Gateway Pundit: Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) chased Republican Tom Marino across the House Chamber after his speech on the House floor. This came after Marino accused Pelosi and Democrats of neglecting the immigration crisis when … Continue reading
Hamas is a “humanitarian organization.” “And we have to confer with the Qataris, who have told me over and over again that Hamas is a humanitarian organization,” Pelosi said to Crowley. HERE Perhaps she should go spend some with Hamas … Continue reading
From Catholic Vote: FEDERAL COURT GUTS OBAMACARE Remember when Nancy Pelosi said we had to pass Obamacare to know what’s in it? She wasn’t joking. Four years ago partisan Democrats rammed through the passage of Obamacare in the middle of … Continue reading
I read this and had to set my coffee cup down… From CNS: Pelosi: ‘I’m Like a Lioness’ When It Comes to Protecting Children (CNSNews.com) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) yesterday described herself as a “lioness” when it … Continue reading
From the often amusing Eye of the Tiber: Washington, DC––In an astonishing move today, Minority Leader of the House of Representatives and Mouthpiece of God in the United States Nancy Pelosi has excommunicated San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. The move comes just … Continue reading
I just saw this and I actually laughed out loud. You may remember Nancy from her triumphant theological debut. HERE and HERE And remember her comment that abortion is “sacred ground”? HERE Remember that she, as the darling of big-business-abortion Planned Parenthood (dedicated … Continue reading
Just think! Over with the Episcopalians, Nancy Pelosi could both vote for public funding of abortion and also be a bishop at the same time! She could even the “Presiding Bishop”! From The Washington Times with my emphases and comments: Nancy … Continue reading
When will Canon 915 be applied in the case of pro-abortion Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi? It is not enough that she may, perhaps, from time to time, choose on her own not to go forward for Communion. It must be … Continue reading