When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- jameeka said Thank you, Father Z. This is a little gem of a WDT...
- Sonshine135 said Father Z, Vaya Lio!
- drohan said I am straying just a bit off topic here but bear w...
- Elizabeth D said At least Doug Erickson is branching out to seek co...
- Reconverted Idiot said Even before returning to the faith, while still wh...
- Confitemini Domino said Thank you so much, gjp!
- Reconverted Idiot said I have such deep and personal regrets concerning B...
- Nordic Breed said Great advice from Father Z. I do not understand w...
- Suburbanbanshee said I am now picturing Fr. Z hanging out with Althouse...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said CarpeNoctem: It’s good to know about those v...
- CarpeNoctem said Hmmm… I stand corrected… I just went b...
- wanda said Put on your whole armor, Fr. Z. You are in my pra...
- CarpeNoctem said I just earned all three tickets in the last couple...
- Geoffrey said “…the risks of relying on behind the s...
- The Astronomer said Father Z, keep your powder dry and head for the ta...
- Fr. JPH said Signed. Thanks Fr. Z!
- xraytango said It’s hard to read that article and not want...
- Ryan.Beggy said Bravo Father. Also, I know you’ve mentioned...
- robtbrown said In such arguments I think it’s useful to mak...
- Giuseppe said Please do not forget the great service done by the...
- Sword40 said Sorry for being rather ignorant of Ham protocol, b...
- Giuseppe said Grumpy Beggar, Your reference to the Prodigal Son...
- wolskerj said If anyone wants to know exactly where John C. Wrig...
- Prayerful said Indeed. Somewhat related, please everyone pray for...
- SKAY said Dear Pope Emeritus Benedict is always in my prayer...
- JARay said I am one of those who signed on the British letter...
- pelerin said It was interesting to watch the coverage again of...
- Geoffrey said His Holiness the Pope Emeritus said that he came t...
- StWinefride said Re Pope Benedict’s comment on praying for hi...
- Eugene said So many conflicting emotions when I look at these...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday of Easter (2002MR) – Our humility and the might of the Shepherd
- Heads up! Reactions to my post about destruction of Christian businesses still rolling in.
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: NASA
I don’t have a Truly and Fantastically Super Cool category, but if I did, this would be in it.
NASA has clear photos of the Apollo 12, 14 and 17 landing sites. The photos show the twists and turns of the … Continue reading
For your Just TOO Cool! file, comes thos from CBC and NASA.
Robot astronaut wakes up in space
NASA’s humanoid robot has finally awoken in space.
Ground controllers turned Robonaut 2 on Monday for the first time since it was delivered to the … Continue reading
We’ve lost poor Spirit, but intrepid little Opportunity keeps motoring along.
NASA reports that Opportunity has after a 3 year portion of its already 8 year anabasis has crawled up to Endeavour crater, 14 miles in diameter. We should be able … Continue reading
We haven’t forgotten poor Spirit, but…
NASA to Announce Landing Site for New Mars Rover
July 18, 2011
WASHINGTON — NASA and the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum will host a news conference at 10 a.m. EDT, Friday, July 22 to announce … Continue reading
With this final Space Shuttle launch, the US now “leads from behind” also in the exploration of space.
Whither the US manned space program?
Chose the best answer and give your opinion in the com box.
Sad news from NASA:
NASA Concludes Attempts to Contact Mars Rover Spirit
The full version of this story with accompanying images is HERE.
PASADENA, Calif. — NASA is ending attempts to regain contact with the long-lived Mars Exploration Rover Spirit, which last communicated … Continue reading
Fifty years ago today, a guy crawled up on top of an 70+ foot high Roman candle knowing that someone would light the fuse and blow him into space riding something called “Freedom 7″.
In April 1961 the Bay of Pigs … Continue reading
I remain a real fan of the Mars Rover missions. One of the readers here, who works for NASA actually sent me a Spirit mission patch!
Poor Spirit… sniff.
Opportunity is still chugging along.
I tune in once in a while to the … Continue reading
Wow. Look at the colors.
Does Pres. Obama desire the USA to slide into mediocrity? Neil Armstrong, Jim Lovell and Eugene Cernan raise the question.
From Politico with my E & C.
Armstrong: Obama hurting Space effort
Former astronaut Neil Armstrong has issued a strongly worded rebuke of … Continue reading