- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- ckdexterhaven said Father James Martin routinely deletes or admonishe...
- Michael H said Father: I’m going to ask an embarrassing (f...
- benedetta said As to that facebook series of blasts described abo...
- rtrainque said A majority of the time when my sister and I go to...
- LeGrandDerangement said At Sunday morning’s OF, Father mentioned the...
- laurazim said I heard Bishop Morlino address the ruling at ordin...
- Fr. Matthew said I felt I had a moral obligation to preach on the d...
- marcpuckett said Tangential to the post, but in the spirit of the l...
- Marcus der mit dem C said Amen!
- Imrahil said is nowhere made in the Church’s language wha...
- trespinos said Mass in EF. Father mentioned the SCOTUS decision...
- Imrahil said Well here we go… 1. The argument Dr Peters b...
- ChesterFrank said I have to wonder, now that this gay marriage agend...
- ChesterFrank said Not a word mentioned about that decision, though I...
- Eugene said I can only the good words posted here about this g...
- Elizabeth D said I heard two Sunday homilies, one was a Mass of Tha...
- Supertradmum said robtbrown, not that simple for the Ordinariate, as...
- Moral_Hazard said I’m not someone who follows Catholic politic...
- robtbrown said Edward Peters says: The arguments are laid out he...
- robtbrown said Supertradmum says, Giulio, I was told a long time...
- MKR said God bless Cardinal Burke!
- mysticalrose said Local EF: not a word. I was surprised.
- Seamus said At least one person walked out of our pastor’...
- truthfinder said Not a word. Slightly surprised, but we’ve h...
- rodin said No matter how inconvenient I am happy to cooperate...
- Dave N. said Our younger-ish (three years out of seminary appro...
- FloridaJoan said Although Father gave an excellent homily on the da...
- majuscule said I wanted to clarify my choice of “a brief m...
- Suburbanbanshee said We got similar points to the homilies heard by Nic...
- JuliB said Visiting priest I have never seen before at an OF...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- Congratulations Card. Burke: 40 years of priesthood!
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
- The Church in Madison is alive! VIDEO
- ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
- ASK FATHER: Petrine Privilege or usual “annulment” procedure? Help!
- Ed Peters on Pope Francis’ remarks about “separation” of spouses
- POLL: SCOTUS upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states
- ASK FATHER: I work on Sunday. Can I go to Mass on another day?
- Interesting job opportunity with Benedictines of Norcia
- One White House reaction to Laudato si’
- More from the Religion of Peace
- The greatest man born of woman
- AURORA ALERT! Events of terrible beauty, presaging we know not what.
- And so it begins… Instrumentum Laboris (working document) for October Synod of Bishops
- 23 June – Vigil of St. John – bonfires and witch burnings, solstices and snails
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: National Catholic Reporter
Acton Institute was mentioned more than once – favorably and unfavorably – at the recent USCCB meeting during discussion of a statement about economics (subsequently killed by a vote of the bishops).
Acton Institute responds to National Catholic Reporter [aka Fishwrap] … Continue reading
I see the other day, election day, that The National Catholic Reporter – aka Fishwrap – pandered for The First Gay President, effectively begging Catholics to endanger our nation and their souls by voting for him. They have an editorial … Continue reading
Vincenzo, at Sancte Pater, had a little fun with the Fishwrap today (aka National catholic Reporter).
You can’t make up stuff like this.
He saw one of NCR‘s tweets:
The great Vincenzo comes through again!
But then, they make it so easy.
MediaReport.com on the National Catholic Fishwrap’s “baseless and sordid swipe at the Catholic Church”
National Catholic Reporter Smears Arch. of Los Angeles in Bogus Abuse Story
MAY 11, 2012 BY THEMEDIAREPORT.COM
The left-wing National Catholic Reporter newspaper [aka The Fishwrap] is suggesting that a newly discovered 27-year-old letter somehow may be evidence that the Archdiocese … Continue reading
Catholic League on National Catholic Fishwrap’s insults to US Bishops, Holy See (or “Dog Bites Man”, “Sun Rises At Dawn”, etc.)
From The Catholic League:
BISHOPS ACCUSED OF “THOUGHT CONTROL”
May 9, 2012
The following comment against the Vatican and the bishops, made in response to concerns over the Leadership Conference of Women Religious [LCWR, a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns], is taken … Continue reading
This is from Media Report:
The Usual Suspects: NY Times, Dissident Priest Support Anti-Catholic SNAP With Falsehoods, Attacks on Church
Anti-Catholicism in Action: The New York Times, Rev. Thomas P. Doyle, and SNAP
The New York Times is again shilling for the Catholic-hating SNAP … Continue reading
An Irishman was walking down the street one day and, to his delight, he saw a big crowd surrounding a couple of blokes beating each other to a pulp. The Irishman, shoved and elbowed his way though the crowd to … Continue reading
The National catholic Reporter … quousque tandem?
The Fishwrap brings us today the “sermon” of a woman who thinks she is a priest. She is a member of the big-puppet crew, the wymynpryst thingie.
Honestly, as I read this I had a … Continue reading
The Remnant has an article in defense of Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
You learn a lot about a person by what his enemies have to say. The National Catholic Reporter wrote a piece one year after Bishop Finn … Continue reading
National catholic Reporter, Fishwrap, has an editorial today in favor of the ordination of women.
Whom did they consult as their expert? The deposed Bishop of Toowoomba, William Morris. And for their theological “insights”? You decide. I have my own ideas.
Their … Continue reading