Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Confitemini Domino said Beautiful story of the unborn twins retold by Fr....
- Matthew said I had the Sisters of Notre Dame (Chardon, OH, not...
- jameeka said Interesting. Even though Manet’s Jesus’...
- Sonshine135 said Oh, and Father’s homily focused on the bridg...
- boxerpaws1952 said can our priest sing!! the choir…beautiful. M...
- boxerpaws1952 said “OK, so it has its theological shortcomings,...
- Sonshine135 said Father was in excellent spirits this morning, but...
- Sonshine135 said Thank you Father Z. This was truly a blessed and s...
- Fr Martin Fox said Robt Brown: Yes, I was alluding to that.
- benedetta said Pastrami you say? Super!
- Charles E Flynn said My parish had four baptisms of adults and about ni...
- robtbrown said Fr Martin Fox Have you been on the scavi tour?
- RichR said Dr. Peters, you made me truly LOL
- RichR said Mindlessness has it’s attraction…̷
- Fr_Sotelo said They are trying to give St. Francis competition a...
- Giuseppe said Connecting the 2 stories in your post: Bishop Morl...
- Joe in Canada said Kathleen, I hadn’t thought of that first poi...
- Andrew D said I’ve never heard of the School Sisters of No...
- lana said frjim, that is great! I never hear about baptisma...
- Papabile said I love Tenebrae. Unfortunately, there is no such t...
- Joe in Canada said I get it “and let us hold our feet firm̶
- Joe in Canada said Much of that “Celtic Spirituality” is...
- iPadre said I focused on the women who went to the tomb. They...
- AnAmericanMother said Obviously this John Donoghue was educated well bey...
- Joe in Canada said Indeed, He is risen! Allelulia! Why do you say th...
- frjim4321 said Focused on the baptismal promises and our renewal...
- Dr. Edward Peters said What crud. It’s not even clever crud. ItR...
- Andrew Saucci said The priest in Hartford, Connecticut this morning r...
- KylieP said “Anything missing from this?” Uh, I do...
- KylieP said Fr.’s homily (TLM) today was absolutely amaz...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: National Catholic Reporter
An Irishman was walking down the street one day and, to his delight, he saw a big crowd surrounding a couple of blokes beating each other to a pulp. The Irishman, shoved and elbowed his way though the crowd to … Continue reading
The National catholic Reporter … quousque tandem?
The Fishwrap brings us today the “sermon” of a woman who thinks she is a priest. She is a member of the big-puppet crew, the wymynpryst thingie.
Honestly, as I read this I had a … Continue reading
The Remnant has an article in defense of Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
You learn a lot about a person by what his enemies have to say. The National Catholic Reporter wrote a piece one year after Bishop Finn … Continue reading
National catholic Reporter, Fishwrap, has an editorial today in favor of the ordination of women.
Whom did they consult as their expert? The deposed Bishop of Toowoomba, William Morris. And for their theological “insights”? You decide. I have my own ideas.
Their … Continue reading
I am about to rant about Toowoomba and the NCFishwrap.
Join a protest against the NCFishwrap during their fundraising drive by sending money to me. I explain it here, but just trust me. It’s a good idea.
My rant today is … Continue reading
The fishwrappers of the National catholic Fishwrap have today an editorial on their website which is an open attack on Pope Benedict. It is really long, some 1400 words. I don’t know whether I will treat it here in full. … Continue reading
It is hard to know what to do when you see a “catholic” site post something that is simultaneously heretical and thoroughly dopey.
Do you ignore it? Do you post about it and therefore drive traffic to it?
This is my dilemma … Continue reading
I picked this up from the Catholic Key the blog of the newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
The Next Theologian to be Censured by the Church will be . . .
. . .announced at 6 pm, June … Continue reading
John Thavis of CNS has a piece today, with the headline “Traditionalist bishop cites lack of progress in talks with Vatican” which was also – for reasons which will be obvious – picked up by the National Catholic Fishwrap and … Continue reading
NCFishwrap has a new weekly columnist.
No, it is not I. I haven’t been invited. Would I accep…. no.. no… don’t go there.
We have seen her before here, when she wrote a deeply conflicted piece begging for the affirmation of men … Continue reading