Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- JonathanTX: Father, you may have explained this before, but when is the Ave Maria bell rung traditiona lly? Is it an astronomic al calculatio n based on the sun?
- FrAnt: Is it possible that the smoke of Satan has entered your washer? You know his smoke is everywhere in Rome these days.
- FrAnt: I will be in Rome next week, can I drop a donation at the church? Is there a box for the baptismal font?
- jjbulano: Unfortunat ely, the beautiful fresh fish reminded me of one of the early music videos – Fish Heads. Now it is stuck in my head.
- mo7: Carbona makes several stain removers each for specific types of stains, they come in small yellow triangle shaped bottles. The ink and pencil stain remover works exceptiona lly well. [Back...
- mysticalrose: Soak the ink in milk, then wash. Alternatel y, rubbing alcohol or ammonia poured into the stain also works.
- MitisVis: Father, Again, I thank you for the guided tour of events. I see you are rubbing elbows with the best people. But I’m curious if it’s possible for you to visit our Pope emeri...
- APX: If you run into stubborn ink stains, brake cleaner takes them out. It also works to clean the ink out of the machine so it doesn’t transfer to other clothes.
- JonPatrick: One thing that helps me get through this craziness is reading Cardinal Sarah̵ 7;s book “The day is now far spent̶ 1; and his emphasis on how we have to change the Church...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I am close to finishing the Bp. Schneider book. It is probably the most edifying work from a Churchman I have seen in a long time.
- mo7: How does an Italian dish get named pajata with a ‘j 8217;? Shouldnt be ‘gi& #8217;, pagiata? [It’ s Roman.]
- ususantiquior: From the USCCB Website *** Start quote *** […] Complement ary Norm: The National Conference of Catholic Bishops, in accord with the prescripti ons of canon 284, hereby decrees...
- KatieL56: I’m so glad you’ re feeling a litter better, Father. Certainly having decent food must help, and also seeing so much beauty (and not so much wreckovati on). I was feeling a...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Father I need to come with you on one of these trips to Rome. I’ll write you some “jus t in case” ; prescripti ons to fill so you can be top notch in...
- Zephyrinus: BUT, BUT, BUT, FATHER. YOU WERE WEARING A . . . A . . . A . . . CASSOCK !!! YOU MUST HATE VATICAN II.
- Laurelmarycecilia: Dunno̷ 0;.I’ ;m as old as dirt… ;. but, I always wear my wedding ring – it’s a sign of my vocation; during wartime military wear uniforms in public...
- Kenneth Wolfe: Imagine Mother Teresa running to the grocery store in civilian wear? There is never a reason for a priest to be in public without a Roman collar.
- Matthew: There is a Greek Orthodox church in my city and I occasional ly see their priests out and about in cassocks (or whatever the Greek Orthodox use as a cassock). I sat next to their Bishop on...
- djc: When my wife and I were at Grand Portage State Park in Minnesota this summer we spoke with a van full of young nuns in full habits. It was electric for everyone there. They were so frien...
- Kathleen10: Just reading these comments made me really stop for a moment and try to imagine what it must be like to belong to a church that embraces it’s true identity and isn’ t doing...
- MitisVis: When could priests wear casual attire? Apparently priests, bishops and even cardinals can get comfortabl e if they attend a PF synod I’d just like to mention that I’ve seen...
- tho: Recently I saw two nuns in traditiona l habits at Walmart, it really warmed my heart.
- bobk: I hoped you’ d be rather amused but you weren̵ 7;t. It wasn’ ;t an attack, it was meant a s a joke. I tried to offer an old solution that has and continues to work to for an...
- WmHesch: Now to revive the tonsure among secular clergy (in non-Anglop honic countries, it was about the size of a traditiona l priest’s host). It’s the most ancient mark of a cleric, and most...
- Greg Hlatky: Chicago street scenes, 1934: https://yo utu.be/x0J b0WJ-GeU At about 13:00 there̵ 7;s a scene of clerics in broadcloth suits arriving at Cardinal Mundelein& #8217;s residence.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
- Freemasonic, Gnostic, Satanic influences, tactics
- ASK FATHER: How to “activate” or “invoke” the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- Mere days after meeting with Jesuit homosexualist, Francis witnesses pagan ceremony in garden
- ACTION ITEM! Fr. Z calls for prayer, fasting in defense of the Church
- UPDATE – BOOK LENGTH INTERVIEW with Bp. Athanasius Schneider
- ASK FATHER: How should good Catholics deal with homosexuals?
- ROME DAY 2: Greens and greens
- ASK FATHER: Do Popes need permission to consecrate bishops?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: NCFishwrap
Let the games begin! The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is now between a rock and a hard spot. The NSR and LCWR are practically one flesh. At the same time, NSR has been crooning about Pope Francis new “humble” … Continue reading
Are we surprised when the National catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) posts a a misleading, prejudicial report about a sound and strong Catholic bishop? Here is Fishwrap’s piece: Bishop Robert Morlino of Madison, Wis., (Rep. Paul Ryan’s home diocese) gives some political … Continue reading
Vincenzo, at Sancte Pater, had a little fun with the Fishwrap today (aka National catholic Reporter). You can’t make up stuff like this. He saw one of NCR‘s tweets: And so…. The great Vincenzo comes through again! But then, they … Continue reading
The Fishwrap (aka the ultra-liberal dissenting National Catholic Reporter) has published a prayer written by a woman religious in advance of responding to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the upcoming annual meeting of the Leadership Conference … Continue reading
Catholic League on National Catholic Fishwrap’s insults to US Bishops, Holy See (or “Dog Bites Man”, “Sun Rises At Dawn”, etc.)
From The Catholic League: BISHOPS ACCUSED OF “THOUGHT CONTROL” May 9, 2012 The following comment against the Vatican and the bishops, made in response to concerns over the Leadership Conference of Women Religious [LCWR, a subsidiary of the Magisterium of … Continue reading
Sally Quinn of WaPo offers her stunningly shallow take on the reforming efforts by the Holy See and USCCB now being applied to the LCWR (a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). Aside from the risible claims Quinn makes, I found … Continue reading
This is from Media Report: The Usual Suspects: NY Times, Dissident Priest Support Anti-Catholic SNAP With Falsehoods, Attacks on Church Anti-Catholicism in Action: The New York Times, Rev. Thomas P. Doyle, and SNAP The New York Times is again shilling … Continue reading
From the dissident Fishwrap‘s long-time dissident columnist, Fr. Richard McBrien, comes this piece about the new, corrected translation. Pay close attention to the contempt he shows for a vast number of people and also the attitude of disobedience he promotes. … Continue reading
Sr. Fiedler may finally be having some memory problems. She has a deeply confused and poorly written piece in the National catholic Fishwrap lauding the Magisterium of Hillary Clinton, who definitively teaches Fishwrap about the human rights of people who … Continue reading
Just to help you out of your Friday slump and into the weekend, the Fishwrap comes through again! Here is an article in which the Fishwrap attacks Archbishops Chaput, Dolan, and Bp. Finn. The time is now: childhood sexual abuse … Continue reading
The National catholic Reporter … quousque tandem? The Fishwrap brings us today the “sermon” of a woman who thinks she is a priest. She is a member of the big-puppet crew, the wymynpryst thingie. Honestly, as I read this I … Continue reading
Over at the National catholic Fishwrap today one Charles Morris has a rather positive piece about Ember Days, which traditionally fall this week. Readers here know all about Ember Days. It is nice to see that readers at NCF will … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap, their elder-dissenter Richard McBrien posted a column about shifts in Mass attendance. He works from a study about the “‘Supersizing’ the U.S. Catholic Parish Life” conducted by the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) … Continue reading
The Theological Studies dust up, NCR, creeping infallibility, and the ecclesial vocation of the theologian
There is a bit of a dust up concerning the journal Theological Studies, a prominent English language publication, sometimes useful and much venerated by liberals. In 2004 Theological Studies published an article by two theologians arguing that the Church should … Continue reading