- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Katylamb said Pope Francis has publicly urged people on more tha...
- Jim of Bowie said Listening daily. A wonderful way to start the day....
- Facta Non Verba said Very good. Thanks Father.
- ocds said Isn’t the kindle paperwhite great? I love m
- bmadamsberry said It could also be used to translate for a priest wh...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! Phil, the title is Dogma und Verkü...
- Hank Igitur said Let us pray for the Pope, for Volpi and for the th...
- guans said …drawing new breath, the breath of God’...
- MikeM said It wouldn’t be connected to a network that g...
- Stephen Matthew said A small size dry erase board would seem to be much...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you as well for so conveniently linking your...
- Bthompson said AMTFisher: Yes, translators, interpreters, etc are...
- Fr. Hamilton said AMTFisher My understanding is that in cases of tru...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I gladly echo FXR2! Please forgive my not ‘c...
- RuariJM said rayfrommn – Be very cautious indeed about re...
- Venerator Sti Lot said M.K., I will have to rewatch it carefully. My memo...
- Vecchio di Londra said Lady M, You may be right. We really cannot know wi...
- FXR2 said Father Z, Please know that I have been l...
- Mr. Green said Imrahil: I don’t think anybody should be reproache...
- Gretchen said Imrahil, thank you. That is exactly what I meant....
- AMTFisher said Would a translator (a human being) be allowed to b...
- iPadre said Although I love technology, I don’t trust it...
- Fr_Sotelo said Mamajen: You have an excellent memory. Yes, Fr. Z...
- de_cupertino said I just received my Church Militant combat rosary,...
- mamajen said Fr. Sotelo, I remember you from wayyyy back when y...
- Rose in NE said My pastor (FSSP) has made it a point to reach out...
- brhenry said Bravo Fr. Sotelo. As I understand it, a priest(or...
- Fr. Hamilton said Great idea! But if this device is approved any bet...
- mamajen said Patrick-K, I’ve been wondering about #1 as w...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday?
- ADVENTCAzT 15: 3rd Sunday of Advent – True love calls sin “sin”.
- Pope Francis: Women must not be clericalized!
- Fr. Z on Fr. Hunwicke on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.
- Of Nativity Scenes and Vatican Budget Cuts
- Christmas and decreasing the surplus population
- ADVENTCAzT 14: 2nd Saturday of Advent – “illness and suffering, just like great delight”
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: NCFishwrap
Let the games begin!
The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is now between a rock and a hard spot.
The NSR and LCWR are practically one flesh. At the same time, NSR has been crooning about Pope Francis new “humble” style.
I have … Continue reading
Are we surprised when the National catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) posts a a misleading, prejudicial report about a sound and strong Catholic bishop?
Here is Fishwrap’s piece:
Bishop Robert Morlino of Madison, Wis., (Rep. Paul Ryan’s home diocese) gives some political science lessons … Continue reading
Vincenzo, at Sancte Pater, had a little fun with the Fishwrap today (aka National catholic Reporter).
You can’t make up stuff like this.
He saw one of NCR‘s tweets:
The great Vincenzo comes through again!
But then, they make it so easy.
Technorati Tags: … Continue reading
The Fishwrap (aka the ultra-liberal dissenting National Catholic Reporter) has published a prayer written by a woman religious in advance of responding to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the upcoming annual meeting of the Leadership Conference … Continue reading
Catholic League on National Catholic Fishwrap’s insults to US Bishops, Holy See (or “Dog Bites Man”, “Sun Rises At Dawn”, etc.)
From The Catholic League:
BISHOPS ACCUSED OF “THOUGHT CONTROL”
May 9, 2012
The following comment against the Vatican and the bishops, made in response to concerns over the Leadership Conference of Women Religious [LCWR, a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns], is taken … Continue reading
Sally Quinn of WaPo offers her stunningly shallow take on the reforming efforts by the Holy See and USCCB now being applied to the LCWR (a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns).
Aside from the risible claims Quinn makes, I found this … Continue reading
This is from Media Report:
The Usual Suspects: NY Times, Dissident Priest Support Anti-Catholic SNAP With Falsehoods, Attacks on Church
Anti-Catholicism in Action: The New York Times, Rev. Thomas P. Doyle, and SNAP
The New York Times is again shilling for the Catholic-hating SNAP … Continue reading
From the dissident Fishwrap‘s long-time dissident columnist, Fr. Richard McBrien, comes this piece about the new, corrected translation.
Pay close attention to the contempt he shows for a vast number of people and also the attitude of disobedience he promotes.
It is … Continue reading
Sr. Fiedler may finally be having some memory problems. She has a deeply confused and poorly written piece in the National catholic Fishwrap lauding the Magisterium of Hillary Clinton, who definitively teaches Fishwrap about the human rights of people who … Continue reading