Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson: I am not certain whether Pope Francis has a long-game strategy for the Church, but I am convinced to the very core of my being that God does. Right now, I can’ t under...
- tamranthor: I have often wondered precisely what authority a national conference of bishops can lay claim to, in light of the dogma of the Holy Catholic Church. It seems a rather malleable thing,...
- jhayes: MaternalVi ew, the USCCB policy statement points out that objectivel y disordered inclinatio ns are not limited to homosexual persons. The homosexual inclinatio n is objectivel y disorde...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Defrauding widows and orphans: isn’t that one of the sins that cry out to heaven for vengeance? [Now that you mention it…. ]
- KateD: Wow! Seems like an opportunit y for redevelopm ent… .if only there was SOMEONE in our government knowledgea ble about land developmen t.
- Sawyer: The flaw in the speculatio n is that it considers the Church as merely a natural, human institutio n with an uniquely restrictiv e political apparatus for “pol icy” changes but...
- Daddio: Hmmm. I think all of us [What do you mean “all of us”? ] should just turn down the panic machine and avoid the term “Mac hiavellian cunning 221; when referring to our...
- Simon_GNR: Excellent post, Father Z. It says plainly and clearly what the authentic Catholic position is on homosexual ity and same-sex attraction . Well said. I feel sympathy for people who are...
- iPadre: Very sad destructio n.
- Unwilling: The universe and all that occurs, or is done within it, is reality by the eternal creative Will. The only real value is to be obedient to God.
- Andreas: I must confess that in scanning the photos I fear that I mistakenly believed that the first from the Star Wars display (that of Obi-Wan 217;s costume) was yet another bit of someth...
- Ben Kenobi: Wow. Prendergas t is very good, has turned out for the March for Life in years past. You would think that I’d be hearing this statement from my own media here and not from an...
- Amerikaner: Wow, shocking! I feel so bad for her and the others that were swindled. Is Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga still one of the close Papal advisors? And if so, why?? …
- Ben Kenobi: Great article. This is exactly what needed to be said, Father Z. Liberals lie. All. The. Time. I don’ t trust the slimes to accurately report that it’s raining today without...
- Ben Kenobi: Wow. Not the article I expected to see, nor the response from you that I’ve come to expect. Very disappoint ed, Fr. Z. What is going on here? It’s quite simple. This is a...
- Kevin: Without leadership from Rome we are becoming protestant s…we are losing the Sacraments ! Marriage, the Eucharist& #8230;.why do I need to go to Confession if anyone and everyone can...
- teomatteo: Those abandoned homes. I am writing a novel about na almost abandoned catholic church in a desperatel y blighted area of Detroit. The small latin mass parish of 75 families are deeded...
- gretta: People are born with all sorts of issues, both physical and psychologi cal. As someone pointed out above, being born with a heart condition is “nat ural” ; but there is still a...
- GregB: Last year the PBS show “Thi s Old House̶ 1; covered the renovation of two houses in Detroit. They also covered the the local initiative s that are trying to work on neglected homes...
- monstrance: Thank you Fr Z for this post. A breath of fresh air. Sometimes I think our current Holy Father forgets he’s Pope. Maybe a liberal Jesuit just can’t help himself. [To be fair to the...
- maternalView: I know people with this disordered inclinatio n. They are waiting for the church to change. They don’ t see this inclinatio n as something to fight against and overcome. They...
- Grant M: Obi-Wan 217;s costume seems to show mixed Dominican and Franciscan influence. Maybe the designer, like Dante in the Paradiso, was devoted to those two great Saints. That is how you...
- Antonin: Paul VI was in an impossible situation. There was widespread agreement that there needed to be liturgical reform. Nobody disagreed. The cycle of readings and emphasis on the liturgy of the...
- Ave Maria: There has been almost uncountabl e “all eged” ; words from the pontiff that are not in accord with Magisteria l teachings. Why are no denials or clarificat ions forthcomin g?...
- Antonin: I don’ t think anyone can seriously doubt that the Pope said what was reported. Fits the general pattern. But this young man is confused and the guilt for that belongs to the vile...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- BACK IN PRINT! The Heresy of Formlessness
- My View For Awhile: Creston Edition
- “I used to think hosts found on floors was Traditional Catholic hyperbole…”
- Monday after Pentecost: Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church – TEXTS
- Bp. Schneider’s terrific talk in Rome – ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: As a lay woman, should I have a “Mass kit” in my “Bug Out Bag”?
- @JamesMartinSJ can also amuse
- I have bad news and good news: Scouts and Troops
- Darío Card. Castrillón Hoyos, former Pres. of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” – RIP
- Bp. Schneider on the Met “Gay-la”
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Peter Kreeft and 2018 Ignatius Pew Missal
- VIDEOS: Lessons in how properly to fold a cassock
- VIDEO: Military pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Fascinating and sad: transcript of 1976 meeting of Paul VI and SSPX Archbp. Lefebvre
- A light TEOTWAWKI moment
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: NCFishwrap
Even as blind squirrels sometimes find acorns, sometimes the National Catholic Fishwrap does something right. And it won’t surprise anyone that my friend the nearly-ubiquitous John L. Allen, Jr. was involved.
Fishwrap – rather Mr. Allen – has a long, and … Continue reading
In the past I have mentioned that catholic liberals right now are using the clerical abuse issue as a blunt instrument with which to bludgeon any issue or any person they don’t like.
If they don’t like, say, the Church’s teaching … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Late is better than never.
From CNA with my emphases and comments.
Catholic leaders rip ‘ludicrous’ article that argues celibacy causes abuse
By Marianne Medlin
Denver, Colo., Jun 15, 2011 / 06:00 am (CNA).- Catholic leaders are calling a recent National Catholic Reporter [aka … Continue reading
The gentlemanly Sando Magister has a must-read piece today at his site Chiesa called: Bishops Or Mandarins? The Dilemma of the Chinese Church.
Here is the introductory section of Magister’s piece, just to give you some context. Then I will give … Continue reading
The secular press in Kansas City, MO and the ultra-liberal, doctrine-dissenting, KC-based National catholic Reporter have been busy trying to tear the guts out of the diocese and Most Rev. Robert Finn, bishop, but not yet martyr.
From the site of … Continue reading
NCFishwrap today surfed the little server girl issue over its mosh pit.
catholic reporters that that are, they left off attacking Bp. Finn for a minute or two to post – at long last- the news that the PCED has “ruled” … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter reports the death of their editor in chief and publisher.
Joseph Feuerherd, NCR editor in chief and publisher, died this morning after an 18-month battle with cancer. He was 48. Funeral arrangements are pending.
Feuerherd died at 8:41 … Continue reading
National catholic Reporter, Fishwrap, has an editorial today in favor of the ordination of women.
Whom did they consult as their expert? The deposed Bishop of Toowoomba, William Morris. And for their theological “insights”? You decide. I have my own ideas.
Their … Continue reading