Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- The Sicilian Woman said Our pastor doesn’t shake hands, but a priest...
- The Sicilian Woman said So happy to see news of children, grandchildren, m...
- Tony from Oz said I stand corrected but, is not the sign of peace ak...
- Incaelo said The priest leaving the sanctuary to exchange hands...
- Giuseppe said @Reconverted Idiot – any sensible Palestinia...
- JefZeph said Out of curiosity, I looked up this womanpriestess&...
- AdTrinitatemPerMariam said Excited for my first nephew, who is due in about t...
- Ben Kenobi said Friend having gall bladder surgery is now on the m...
- mariadevotee said Last Saturday morning the Diocese of Nashville ord...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Following up on Muv’s comment, if he drank i...
- tcreek said I read this somewhere: “Enter through the na...
- JARay said I do hope that Fr. Z will allow me to add just a l...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay (and other better Latinists then myself), I...
- The Cobbler said “First, there is no time after death; purgat...
- pberginjr said It’s hard to imagine that S. Ignatius, soldi...
- SKAY said She stated that she had many Palestinians in her d...
- JARay said HyacinthClare. The word “git” is certa...
- The Cobbler said Oh, I missed one thing: ‘I mentioned that la...
- Chon said My comment is in moderation, maybe due to all the...
- The Cobbler said Actually, Church teachings says baboons — an...
- Kerry said I want to ad this thought. I think the Fishwrap i...
- jaykay said Oh dear! “Roborasti”, with all its mil...
- HyacinthClare said Elizabeth D: Just WOW. I had never heard that be...
- Ed the Roman said profling, the Lord spoke of Hell quite a bit Himse...
- Ray said re: Kensington Over 250,000 voted her in to offi...
- Grateful to be Catholic said [So, how many did you order?] Just one for me, but...
- acricketchirps said Good news: Found my wallet. (Thanks, Tony!) Bad ne...
- Reconverted Idiot said Profling: ” Second, all this hell talk is un...
- Gaetano said They went the extra mile by using gluten-free brea...
- Reconverted Idiot said “I want you to stop for a moment and do something:...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Cong. for Worship considers (’bout time) more dignified “Sign of Peace”. POLL
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- 31 July: St. Ignatius of Loyola – Of the Church Militant and book shredding
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: NCR
That keen observer of human behavior Samuel Johnson had sobering observations about self-delusion. For example, he wrote
“However we may labour for our own deception, truth, though unwelcome, will sometimes intrude upon the mind.” [Idler #80 October 27, 1759].
And so I … Continue reading
For some time now I have been getting emails and phone calls from friends with reports that someone who writes for the National Catholic Reporter aka Fishwrap, Phyllis Zagano, has been sniffing around looking for dirt about me. Zagano hasn’t … Continue reading
Late is better than never.
From CNA with my emphases and comments.
Catholic leaders rip ‘ludicrous’ article that argues celibacy causes abuse
By Marianne Medlin
Denver, Colo., Jun 15, 2011 / 06:00 am (CNA).- Catholic leaders are calling a recent National Catholic Reporter [aka … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter reports the death of their editor in chief and publisher.
Joseph Feuerherd, NCR editor in chief and publisher, died this morning after an 18-month battle with cancer. He was 48. Funeral arrangements are pending.
Feuerherd died at 8:41 … Continue reading
National catholic Reporter, Fishwrap, has an editorial today in favor of the ordination of women.
Whom did they consult as their expert? The deposed Bishop of Toowoomba, William Morris. And for their theological “insights”? You decide. I have my own ideas.
Their … Continue reading
I may be in close agreement with Bp. Morris and NCR on a matter of great importance.
From the National catholic Fishwrap comes another defense of lately-removed Australian Bishop William Morris, quondam of the Diocese of Toowoomba. His Excellency is the … Continue reading
It seems that Australia is the ground zero right now for discussions about ecclesiology, that is, the make up of the Church, who the Church is, how the Church is governed, what the Church believes.
The removal of the Bishop of … Continue reading
I picked this up from the Catholic Key the blog of the newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
The Next Theologian to be Censured by the Church will be . . .
. . .announced at 6 pm, June … Continue reading
National Catholic Reporter has named Sr. Carol Keehan as their very first “Person of the Year”.
Even though she was head of the Catholic Health Association, a political lobby group, before 2009 Sr. Keehan was relatively unimportant.
Then Sr. Keehan, as an … Continue reading
When it comes to the Condom Conundrum the National Catholic Fishwrap‘s commentators are living down to our expectations.
To wit one Phyllis Zagano who is “senior research associate-in-residence at Hofstra University and author of several books in Catholic Studies. Her book Women … Continue reading