Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- boxerpaws1952 said what if the Church just decided “if it aint...
- robtbrown said Gretta, Also: Propaganda Fide has assets valued...
- RJHighland said You know if it is to complicated for a observant J...
- robtbrown said Gretta says, But a licentiate from Catholic U.is s...
- drohan said These are pretty hilarious. However, I think the...
- Thorfinn said @Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick: “Cardinal O’Malley...
- Mandy P. said “Given this, the psychological bases for all...
- NBW said Yes, I agree. Very sad. There is a fad (at least...
- Iacobus M said Sorry, can’t deal with the cognitive dissona...
- Suburbanbanshee said Au contraire. Hello Kitty is an anthropomorphic ca...
- zag4christ said Our Mass started with the announcement that our B...
- The Astronomer said Hmmm, I wonder what spiffy pink ‘Hello Kitty...
- Genesispete said Egads !!! Does the pastor having the “smell...
- Philippa Martyr said It may be time for the Church to uncouple from the...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Who, indeed, will give a damn? In the (probably un...
- Imrahil said second paragraph middle: Dr Peters. No intent to b...
- Imrahil said Dear msokeefe, as for married deacons, you’r...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To add another ending to those under consideration...
- gretta said robtbrown, I think you missed my point. I’m...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Read the following paragraph again, holding in you...
- RichR said I’m sick of this whole debate. I’m sic...
- JesusFreak84 said I died laughing at the photoshops….so wrong...
- HeatherPA said But… “Hello Kitty” is too fem fo...
- MouseTemplar said Father, if you have a photo of Pope Benedict XVI i...
- FXR2 said Fr Z, I agree, but?!?! http://www.oneinchp...
- Mike said PS–I am praying for the Pope for this coming...
- Mike said Interesting comments! I would only add-which I thi...
- Papabile said dans0622…. You have made my point exactly.
- lana said In 20 years of NO Masses, I have heard several (15...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- BOOK: Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: new corrected translation
It has been brought to my attention that there is a survey about how priests in these USA are accepting – or not – the new, corrected ICEL translation of the Roman Missal.
STILL? Are they still grizzling on about THIS?
The … Continue reading
This Saturday/Sunday is the liturgical 1st Anniversary of the implementation of the new, corrected ICEL translation in the USA. I have been exchanging emails today about the findings of Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) at Georgetown University concerning … Continue reading
Now that the new, corrected translation is in force in most places, you will notice with the beginning of Lent something new that is really something old: the Oratio super populum… the Prayer over the people at the end of … Continue reading
From the dissident Fishwrap‘s long-time dissident columnist, Fr. Richard McBrien, comes this piece about the new, corrected translation.
Pay close attention to the contempt he shows for a vast number of people and also the attitude of disobedience he promotes.
It is … Continue reading
From a reader:
I want to purchase a daily Missal for the first time in my 53 years. I
want to buy the “best” version. However, I do not know what that is. I searched your site first as well as NLM … Continue reading
More points about the new, corrected translation and update on matters like the Liturgy of the Hours
Some useful items from the newletter f the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship. They deal with some points about the use of the new corrected translation. Sorry about the format.
In response to many questions from the body of … Continue reading
Most of the hand-wringing over the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal was predicated on the notion that people are too stoopid to understand English. I must admit, however, when I read some of the articles after the 1st … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m living in Ireland and my parish priest … has, under the influence of the new Association of Irish Catholic Priests, decided to make a stand against the new Missal and has simply refused to introduce it at … Continue reading
From a priest:
A thought: In the rubrics of the Missal, would you agree that a change in a word signifies a change in action? Looking at the prayers that the priest says that are not directed to the congregation, I … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I had to guess, there are probably many priests throughout the US who are refusing to celebrate the Mass according to the new translation.
My question is, “Is the Mass invalid if a priest uses the old words … Continue reading