Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Jackie L said Sorry Mike, I didn’t complete my thought on...
- OrthodoxChick said I don’t get it. Is this real, or more irony...
- robtbrown said Brooklyn says, Maybe we need to trust a little mo...
- Imrahil said Dear acardnal, yes. It is. The rainbow flag certai...
- robtbrown said How about a UFC tournament for peace? Or Demoliti...
- david andrew said I’m raising polecats for peace.
- benedetta said Fr. Z: I propose…Hockey…for peace!
- PA mom said For the NO I have purchased the “Child of Go...
- acardnal said Brooklyn, Thomas S.: pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! The r...
- robtbrown said I am a Beatles fan from way back. They first appe...
- donato2 said correction on the last line (that was from the wro...
- donato2 said “Imagine” is a good song, if you tweek...
- TNCath said I suppose Pope Francis had no idea that any of thi...
- Brooklyn said Thomas S, you are absolutely right about the mea...
- Imrahil said Dear No More Tambourines, that does not seem the o...
- eiggam said For the Novus Ordo, I am not crazy about Magnifiki...
- No More Tambourines said But soccer CAN lead to world peace. If everyone w...
- Rich said This is an extremely helpful post, Father. Thank...
- Mike said . . . where are all the Christian, Hindu, Buddhis...
- Imrahil said Well, “pro-diversity” is just propagan...
- Imrahil said If something is enough to cause something, than th...
- Lutgardis said The most useful resource we have found for the Nov...
- Thomas S said I remembering hearing that the rainbow flag had a...
- Imrahil said But Father… but Father… the rainbow fl...
- DeGaulle said ’ He described wannabe jihadists as ‘bored, under...
- TaylorKH said A lot of words here. Pope Francis is in charge no...
- benedetta said No women you say? Oooo. I predict a full page ed...
- acardnal said Maybe Cat Stevens will sing “Peace TrainR...
- APX said I received a St. Joseph Children’s Missal fo...
- ChrisRawlings said To be fair, the rainbow flag, often with the Itali...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: new corrected translation
It has been brought to my attention that there is a survey about how priests in these USA are accepting – or not – the new, corrected ICEL translation of the Roman Missal.
STILL? Are they still grizzling on about THIS?
The … Continue reading
This Saturday/Sunday is the liturgical 1st Anniversary of the implementation of the new, corrected ICEL translation in the USA. I have been exchanging emails today about the findings of Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) at Georgetown University concerning … Continue reading
Now that the new, corrected translation is in force in most places, you will notice with the beginning of Lent something new that is really something old: the Oratio super populum… the Prayer over the people at the end of … Continue reading
From the dissident Fishwrap‘s long-time dissident columnist, Fr. Richard McBrien, comes this piece about the new, corrected translation.
Pay close attention to the contempt he shows for a vast number of people and also the attitude of disobedience he promotes.
It is … Continue reading
From a reader:
I want to purchase a daily Missal for the first time in my 53 years. I
want to buy the “best” version. However, I do not know what that is. I searched your site first as well as NLM … Continue reading
More points about the new, corrected translation and update on matters like the Liturgy of the Hours
Some useful items from the newletter f the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship. They deal with some points about the use of the new corrected translation. Sorry about the format.
In response to many questions from the body of … Continue reading
Most of the hand-wringing over the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal was predicated on the notion that people are too stoopid to understand English. I must admit, however, when I read some of the articles after the 1st … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m living in Ireland and my parish priest … has, under the influence of the new Association of Irish Catholic Priests, decided to make a stand against the new Missal and has simply refused to introduce it at … Continue reading
From a priest:
A thought: In the rubrics of the Missal, would you agree that a change in a word signifies a change in action? Looking at the prayers that the priest says that are not directed to the congregation, I … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I had to guess, there are probably many priests throughout the US who are refusing to celebrate the Mass according to the new translation.
My question is, “Is the Mass invalid if a priest uses the old words … Continue reading