"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jbpolhamus said Fascinated to hear about Constable’s importa...
- jacobi said The indissolubility of marriage, proclaimed by Chr...
- avatquevale said I usually assist at a NO Mass but this Sunday also...
- James C said Father, I visited the scene where that Constable w...
- JimP said We had a Norbertine father celebrating the Mass at...
- kylie said Fr Z asks if the Synod was mentioned in the homily...
- Allan S. said This is certainly a stumbling block for me. My usu...
- Landless Laborer said Unwilling, Thank you for your input. Yes, respond...
- Austin said St John Cantius was commemorated at the church of...
- greg3064 said @ Traductora One of the things that disturbs me mo...
- Giuseppe said Lepidus, I thought the same thing – I though...
- Unwilling said Landless, excuse my presumption in addressing the...
- Geoffrey said “In the ‘for what it’s worth’ ca...
- Bea said We had the diocesan vocation director speaking at...
- Geoffrey said Two questions: (1) What about during a ‘sede...
- marcelus said Traductora says: 19 October 2014 at 4:52 pm One of...
- Norah said This is but the first shot in a long battle. The L...
- boxerpaws1952 said By the way. Did you see how some loons are saying...
- Marc M said *should read more clearly- the world expected a ch...
- Marc M said Good read on indulgences, and appropriate to the d...
- MikeToo said No mention of the synod or the beatification. We o...
- FoxLaniado said Today i attended mass not in my parish, but in a c...
- Franklinwasright said I belong to a very liberal parish, but our priest...
- Andrew D said That painting is beautiful. Do tell about its impo...
- NancyP said The Synod was not mentioned in the homily, only in...
- acardnal said My parish priest is humble and bold. He opened his...
- KatieL56 said Well, no, there wasn’t really. The usual ...
- Elizabeth D said Homily about evangelization solely from the point...
- Eowyn22 said Today’s homily by a visiting priest (the for...
- Monica said That photo of eggs Benedict is just cruel. Proper...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
- The Robber Synod!
- ¡Hagan lío! Synod Bishops revolt against leadership and get their way – UPDATE!
- VIDEO: Holy League – Trailer
- 13 October? I’m just sayin’
- Card. Kasper’s observations about Africa – UPDATE: Interview REMOVED!
- Is the leadership of the Synod dealing from a stacked deck?
- ASK FATHER: Is Jesus a human person? Catechism 101
- Devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus
- ASK FATHER: Anointing in the Time of Ebola
- NEW Z-SWAG! (This one might surprise you.)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: new corrected translation
It has been brought to my attention that there is a survey about how priests in these USA are accepting – or not – the new, corrected ICEL translation of the Roman Missal.
STILL? Are they still grizzling on about THIS?
The … Continue reading
This Saturday/Sunday is the liturgical 1st Anniversary of the implementation of the new, corrected ICEL translation in the USA. I have been exchanging emails today about the findings of Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) at Georgetown University concerning … Continue reading
Now that the new, corrected translation is in force in most places, you will notice with the beginning of Lent something new that is really something old: the Oratio super populum… the Prayer over the people at the end of … Continue reading
From the dissident Fishwrap‘s long-time dissident columnist, Fr. Richard McBrien, comes this piece about the new, corrected translation.
Pay close attention to the contempt he shows for a vast number of people and also the attitude of disobedience he promotes.
It is … Continue reading
From a reader:
I want to purchase a daily Missal for the first time in my 53 years. I
want to buy the “best” version. However, I do not know what that is. I searched your site first as well as NLM … Continue reading
More points about the new, corrected translation and update on matters like the Liturgy of the Hours
Some useful items from the newletter f the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship. They deal with some points about the use of the new corrected translation. Sorry about the format.
In response to many questions from the body of … Continue reading
Most of the hand-wringing over the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal was predicated on the notion that people are too stoopid to understand English. I must admit, however, when I read some of the articles after the 1st … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m living in Ireland and my parish priest … has, under the influence of the new Association of Irish Catholic Priests, decided to make a stand against the new Missal and has simply refused to introduce it at … Continue reading
From a priest:
A thought: In the rubrics of the Missal, would you agree that a change in a word signifies a change in action? Looking at the prayers that the priest says that are not directed to the congregation, I … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I had to guess, there are probably many priests throughout the US who are refusing to celebrate the Mass according to the new translation.
My question is, “Is the Mass invalid if a priest uses the old words … Continue reading