Epiphany shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Someone please be the Garrigue said The ladies of “Roman Catholic Womenpriests...
- Frank H said I just sent the good pastor-ess an email voicing m...
- Skeinster said The one we had was very like the one Baritone hear...
- templariidvm said We are “today’s” shepherds, taki...
- FXR2 said Fr Z. said: There should be consequences. FR Z. sa...
- Bea said Through your “Audio Mp3″ Listened to m...
- iPadre said The picture looks like a Weight Watcher conference...
- MattH said The scenario has happened that a person was electe...
- Priam1184 said I understand why you are upset, though I don’...
- Robbie said Such a beautiful church. Was there a strong Germa...
- acroat said Fr Francis posed a question if Jesus would feel we...
- Mike said Plug-in on Opera under Windows 7. Thank you, Fathe...
- Pastor in Valle said Yes—I was going to make a similar comment to Julia...
- Julian Barkin said The election of a non-bishop would be valid, but...
- Simon_GNR said According to Wikipedia: – the last non-cardi...
- CCS said Two masses for me… NO vigil mass at the usua...
- Hidden One said Quaero: Would the rite(s) of ordination of a pries...
- Fr Martin Fox said My homily was aimed at drawing all to seek the gaz...
- jameeka said Thank you, Fr Z. I have a technical or theological...
- Kathleen10 said The comparison to Obama is irresistible. Here ca...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said So… That means there’s still a chance...
- Thomas S said Also, some author think that he cannot be a manife...
- Peregrinator said I think Gregory XVI was the last non-bishop to be...
- Baritone said We were also blessed to have a solemn Mass. Fathe...
- rcg said We are an EF (FSSP) Parish: Fr commented that it w...
- johnmann said EF. Gay marriage and the secular media. I mean, I&...
- Militans said I went to midnight mass in the chapel of the (ages...
- Mike said The disobedience of the first created family merit...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said moconnor says: where was the schola situated? In t...
- moconnor said This is probably one of the most beautiful Christm...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- The nonsense is coming to an end.
- KC, MO: anti-Catholic atrocity scheduled before Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- WDTPRS: Holy Family – children first learn who God is by knowing their parents
- ASK FATHER: Who can be elected Pope?
- CHRISTMASCAzT 27: Do you recognize the voice of your Lord?
- Your Christmas Sermon Notes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 26: O admirable exchange!
- Merry Christmas!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- “The sobs of that appalling infancy cleanse me, those tears wash away my sins.”
- Fanon of Christmas Past
- How to make your parish more self-centered!
- ADVENTCAzT 25: “If there is a child in your midst…”
- ASK FATHER: Signs of reverence for priests
- ADVENTCAzT 24: Becoming Christian means leaving behind what everyone else thinks and wants
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: new corrected translation
I am getting some good feedback on the new translation. Here’s one item:
It was such an improvement that I might (just might) go to Novus Ordo Mass in English there once in a while!
High praise indeed!
From a long-time reader and … Continue reading
We have waited a long time for this.
The clock has inexorably ticked away. The date for the implementation of the whole of the new, corrected translation – Order and Proper – has finally arrived for the UK and for the … Continue reading
The other day I received and reviewed the Altar Edition of the new Roman Missal (with the new corrected translation) published by the Catholic Truth Society in England. It is a wonderful book, and on reflection I think it … Continue reading
We’ve come around again to the 1st Sunday of Advent, the beginning of a new liturgical year.
This year, after years and years of waiting and desiring, we have a new, improved, corrected English translation.
The new translation is not perfect, but … Continue reading
From National Public Radio:
New Catholic Mass Already Causing A Stir
by Barbara Bradley Hagerty
November 25, 2011
This weekend, Catholics may experience a little surprise when they attend Mass. [Not if they have been going to Mass regularly. They will have heard announcements … Continue reading
At long last I received my new altar edition of the Roman Missal by the Catholic Truth Society in England. The book was ridiculously held up in customs. I have looked virtually all the new missals. … Continue reading
At NLM Shawn Tribe has offered a proposal for an Ordinary Form Roman Missal with the new, corrected translation in a format much like the usual editions of the older Missale Romanum. He has some sample pages.
If an edition of … Continue reading
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation.
They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights.
One priest wrote with additional information.
Here’s the list:
Liturgical Press Ritual edition
Midwest … Continue reading
Even a bait-less hook will sometimes snag a catch. The National Catholic Fishwrap has a somewhat interesting story about deaf communities getting ready to receive the new, corrected translation of the Missale Romanum.
Stop and think about it. If the text … Continue reading
I have learned that the USCBB has issued a text of a Novena for a Fuller Participation in the Sacrament of the Eucharist for the next nine Fridays, beginning Sept. 30, to help Catholics prepare for the new translation.
DAY/FRIDAY #2 … Continue reading