- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- teomatteo said Father Z. Do you have/used a handheld ‘stick...
- Priam1184 said Just to clarify: the qualities I listed above are...
- Priam1184 said Yup all women turned into sl… and men transf...
- MikeM said I think that some of you might be missing what the...
- Dienekes said I spent a year over in Southeast Asia in 66-67. In...
- Siculum said Got it! Good morning one and all! Blessed Feast...
- Siculum said I love this blog, and most of the commenters are j...
- Siculum said The stat counter seems to have been working for th...
- smittyjr63 said TV annoys me, period. I avoid it at all costs. So...
- Joe of St Thérèse said This constant lauding by the world is nauseating…L...
- HighMass said If being Person of the Year is about the impact th...
- Nan said Oh, and Father? You could always work on your Roma...
- anna 6 said And have you noticed that it isn’t even R...
- Hans said The mute button is proof that God loves us and wan...
- Suburbanbanshee said There are quite a few other references to derramad...
- Nan said I don’t own a tv and rarely stream anything...
- Suburbanbanshee said The official English translation says, “for...
- StJude said The K-Mart gif one.. seriously.. ugh.. awful. I ba...
- Suburbanbanshee said 75 — “…. because Jesus wants to...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Sarochka, Looking (as a convienent starting point)...
- mburduck said I should have stated “unless he repents,R...
- Poustinik1 said yum. Okay if you are in a hurry here is a never f...
- mburduck said Hmmm, hmmm! Save a bowl for me, Father. I’ll...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I am reminded of Avvakum Petrovitch (1620-82) who...
- frjim4321 said The only one I am really annoyed with is “Jo...
- Mr. Green said BLB quotes: “You can’t have that many as the...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for this! I was just thinking it has bee...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: could it be argued that Benedict XVI made a...
- Alaina said My mother taught me how to make lentils in the Ita...
- pannw said Oh the pajamagram…ugh…I haven’t...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: New Evangelization
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here is a prayer that perhaps parish priests will pick up and use at all Sunday and Holy Day Masses, perhaps immediately after the Gospel:
LEADER: Please kneel for our prayer for vocations.
ALL: O God, we … Continue reading
As the opening of the Year of Faith approaches, as we turn more and more attention to the Holy Father’s desire for a New Evangelization, we also have to keep in mind what Benedict said about us Catholics becoming a … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
If we don’t know who we are as Catholics, and if we don’t keep firmly in mind our common Christian vocation to holiness, we will not be able to fulfill our particular vocations and we … Continue reading
From The Irish Times:
French prayer to oppose gay unions
The French Catholic Church will revive a centuries-old custom next week with an updated national “prayer for France” opposing the same-sex marriage and euthanasia reforms planned by the new Socialist government. [Did … Continue reading
At the site of Catholic World Report there is and interview with author Roger Kimball about his new book, The Fortunes of Permanence: Culture and Anarchy in an Age of Amnesia (UK link HERE). Within the interview you will find this … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie.
Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete restoration’
But … Continue reading
I am sure you have heard that on Sundays the largest Catholic congregations are actually at fundamentalist mega-churches.
I saw this on Catholic Culture:
Roughly one-fifth of the Catholics in the US are not associated with a parish, a new study has … Continue reading
Every personal sin drags down the entire human race.
Every sacramental reconciliation helps to build us up.
We are in this together.
I have incessantly hollered that no initiative of renewal (New Evangelization, etc.) will succeed if we do not revitalize our liturgical … Continue reading
From CNA comes a report of what Card-To-Be Dolan of New York said to the College of Cardinals about the New Evangelization.
[Read the whole thing here.]
Vatican City, Feb 17, 2012 / 12:55 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- In remarks to the … Continue reading