Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Bea said From Jihad Watch I also learned that if not them a...
- MikeM said Clearly not appropriate for mass, but I would be i...
- Philippa Martyr said Speaking of which, has anyone else here noticed th...
- Philippa Martyr said Oh, man – Wicked? That’s so 2010. Why...
- aviva meriam said I will pray for all of these intentions. Please k...
- Giuseppe said He sang a duet as a solo. That itself is problemat...
- Supertradmum said Horrible. Most inappropriate. What was this priest...
- aquinas138 said Almighty, everlasting God, look with compassion on...
- Giuseppe said @Ambrose_Phoenix – Agreed re. Wicked. It is...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Kaiser Wilhelm needed to be stopped. On the other...
- everett said Agreed that the song is excellent, my favorite fro...
- Ambrose_Phoenix said I absolutely love Broadway musicals, including Wic...
- LeslieL said You know, I’ve had a bad week – and it...
- Giuseppe said “For Good” is a pretty good song in th...
- gloriamary said Perhaps if people would dress appropriately for ma...
- Dienekes said “Oh nobody is going to like what I’m about t...
- gloriamary said Thanks for the laughs!
- haskovez said I actually completely disagree. I thought his sta...
- Priam1184 said Oh nobody is going to like what I’m about to...
- Norah said What has the length of the women’s hair got...
- Elizabeth D said I’m sure she is grateful! Fr Z readers’...
- dochm13 said BRILLIANT!!
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment | Fr. Z's Blog said [...] Over at Sancte Pater I found what must have...
- Mike said I served a NO funeral Mass this summer, and one of...
- robtbrown said A few comments: 1. Neither Vat II nor Opus Dei...
- Toan said The way I read Pope Francis’ statement was,...
- Massachusetts Catholic said By now many people are hearing about the beheading...
- Venerator Sti Lot said TC, The texts translated in M.R. James, The Apocry...
- Andrew D said Now is the time to pray and pray hard for the conv...
- Knittycat said I do not like this pope. I will obey him, I will...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- PRP – 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption
- New art from Daniel Mitsui. Inculturation Alert!
- NY Observer: Holy Innocents Church – exploding in popularity
- Pope Francis tells NBC reporter he intends to visit Philadelphia
- ISIS supporters hand out leaflets in London, ask people to move to Islamic State
- ASK FATHER: Should I use a chapel veil for a priest friend’s first Mass (TLM)?
- A sense of the sacred: How to recapture it.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: New Translation
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury): Pastoral letter on Pope Benedict’s visit, Friday abstinence, new translation
From ZENIT comes the text of a pastoral letter by the Bishop of Shrewsbury, England, Most Rev. Mark Davies. He issued it for the 1st anniversary of Pope Benedict’s visit to England. This pastoral letter is supposed to be read … Continue reading
Do you remember the “What If We Just Say Wait?” priest in Seattle? Fr. Michael G. Ryan tried to rouse up a movement to block the process of the new, corrected English translation of the Missale Romanum. He had a … Continue reading
On the site of the Bishops Conference of England and Wales, there is an audio/podcast with Msgr. Andrew Wadsworth, Executive Secretary of ICEL about the new, corrected translation.
Podcast: Mgr Andrew Wadsworth of ICEL talks about the new translation of the … Continue reading
In England the new translation of the Ordinary of Mass will be used beginning September. Therefore, this Sunday was the last Sunday people will be constrained by law to hear the lame-duck ICEL version in force for these last few … Continue reading
I was once accosted in St. Peter’s Basilica after my daily Mass by an angry modernist visiting American pants-suit, hair-do and lapel-pin sister … I guess angry was redundant, wasn’t it… who griped at me that she couldn’t hear the … Continue reading
A long-time reader alerted me to an interesting article on the non-Catholic site The Christian Century (“a progressive, ecumenical magazine based in Chicago”). The writer, Carol Zaleski, professor of world religions at Smith College in Northampton, MA, makes some comments … Continue reading
There is a new edition of the Daily Roman Missal available for pre-order. This new, third edition has the new, corrected ICEL translation which will go into effect at the beginning of Advent 2011. Only 5 months away!
I have also … Continue reading
The Catholic Truth Society in England has offered some resources for their new editions of the Roman Missal, that is, the new, corrected translation.
Emphasis on corrected.
I am sure my confreres across the water are taking note of the pages tearing … Continue reading
I have often said that people who don’t like the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal should protest by refusing to use it and using instead only Latin.
Someone else thinks that it might be good to go to a … Continue reading
I haven’t yet been impressed with much that the publication US Catholic produces when it comes to anything remotely liturgical. An article by Bryan Cones has lowered it in my estimation even more.
What kind of God do the new Mass … Continue reading