Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- majuscule said Our priest is teaching a group of interested peopl...
- Ed the Roman said WAPO reports that DC has been granted a 90 stay to...
- Bea said One of my sons visiting with us. Unexpected surpri...
- Reconverted Idiot said Imrahil, thanks for that. Von Neumann’s gen...
- JesusFreak84 said His Beatitude Sviatoslav DOES have a background in...
- Sword40 said Going to Fr. Saguto’s, FSSP, last catechetic...
- Samuel J. Howard said I preordered it! [Wait until you read the chapter...
- Reconverted Idiot said msc: I don’t disagree with the direction of...
- Arele said Done. I was actually thinking about this very thin...
- kford said I just completed my last requirement for my doctor...
- David in T.O. said How bad has it become that a book such as this is...
- Dundonianski said My thanks to Deacon Augustine for his apposite exa...
- Moral_Hazard said I’m not a fan of the President, nor did I vo...
- Pat said Padre, any comments on the visit of Pope Francis t...
- benedetta said Be that as it may, I was interested in the part of...
- JesusFreak84 said It sounds like that’s in there, too.
- Moral_Hazard said “[I wonder if these states are permitted or...
- Flash said We’ll see – I am sure that maintaining...
- tcreek said Rather than a book written by Cardinals, did the e...
- tcreek said Sorry, wrong thread.
- yatzer said The usually hot, suffocating summer weather has br...
- tcreek said Rather than a book written by Cardinals, did the e...
- excalibur said Meanwhile, want to make up to $240.00 per day, or...
- yatzer said OK, so how did he do it? Inquiring minds want to k...
- benedetta said I’m confused. Fr. Z posts a fantastic inter...
- RJHighland said VexillaRegis, I hear you it doen’t make sens...
- jhayes said i hope we can get through this debate without buil...
- msc said Reconverted Idiot: Well, wherever I have lived, th...
- Thomas S said Reports of apparently overwhelming opposition to K...
- Stephen Matthew said I am all in favor of jail breaking the kindle, but...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: New Translation
My emphases in this story from CNA:
Glasgow, Scotland, Apr 12, 2011 / 07:19 pm (CNA).- Scotland’s bishops have become the latest to give their backing to the new English translation of the Roman Missal. The bishops said the new translation … Continue reading
The dissenting Association of Catholic Priests in Ireland, whom we treated here, are having a nutty over the decision of the Irish Bishops Conference not to conform to dissent but rather conform to will of Rome. These members of the … Continue reading
The Church in Ireland is in trouble! Disaster looms! The meteor is coming straight at them!
The NEW TRANSLATION of the Missal must be STOPPED!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are at the top of the cliff. Sundance is afraid … Continue reading
I caught this excellent post over at SERVIAM!
And while the sweet sounds of bats upon balls heralds another year of America’s Pastime, the spring training to which I refer is of an even more sacred kind (as hard … Continue reading
The fruits of the “Spirit of Vatican II” are detaching from the vine.
There was an article the Australian site The Age, I believe of Melbourne, about some priests who claim they will refuse to use the new, corrected translation of … Continue reading
I direct your attention to the Holy Father’s Letter to Catholics in Ireland. Last year Pope Benedict suggested to the Irish people that they give special attention to traditional forms of piety, prayer and penance.
Now we read that a group … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has a story stating that…
New Mass translation to be used in parishes from September
By Mark Greaves
The new English translation of the Order of Mass will be used in parishes in England and … Continue reading
Herein we compare the lame-duck ICEL version of the 4th Eucharistic Prayer now still in use with the new, approved and corrected translation which we will soon be able to hear in our Churches. I use the Latin original, and … Continue reading
I found this note about the new translation of the Roman Missal at SERVIAM. My emphases and comments:
I would like to propose a change in our “default” reference to the upcoming translation changes to the Roman Missal.
At the moment … Continue reading