Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- pbnelson: @Imrahil, thanks!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Semper: As we sang this morning 230; Dómine, audívi auditiónem tuam, * et tímui. Dómine, opus tuum, * in médio annórum vivífica illud: In médio annórum notum fácies: * cum...
- Imrahil: Chewing gum? One after each meal and collation seems okay. After all, they are hardly nourishing . The point is, they must in a sensible manner be part of the meal or the collati...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z. “Whe n the years shall draw nigh Thou shalt be known: when the time shall come, Thou shalt be manifested . When my soul shall be in trouble, Thou wilt remem...
- Imrahil: Well, what about the cappuccino ? It looks to me like a quite good example of a morning allowance. One. With nothing else. Okay, maybe one abbraccio or pan di stelle or the like. Just one....
- pbnelson: Okay, coffee with a small amount of milk is okay, got it. What about cappuccino s? i.e. 1.5 ounces of espresso with 3 ounces of milk? And three of them? To be completely honest, my idea...
- SKAY: Thank you JonPatrick
- Suburbanbanshee: Interestin g optical effect. Because the vestments match the altarcloth , the clergy sometimes look like they are literally one with the altar and the actions of the liturgy.
- sallyr: How beautiful and how profoundly sad. The wooden choir stalls must all be gone. Those in attendance were the last to see this noble, orderly and peaceful cathedral.
- Julia_Augusta: In Japan, fast/ab is very easy. Portions of food are tiny to begin with. Friday fast/ab: miso soup for breakfast, very small rice ball (onigiri) for lunch and dinner is sushi/s...
- SanSan: Beautiful Father Z.
- Blackfriar: Just a little something to add: it is not known by many is that Holy Saturday – up until the time of the Easter Vigil – is also a day of fast in the Latin Church –...
- Gab: The vestments are stunning! And seeing the material worn and not close up (as in your original photos, Father), there is more white than blue.
- Gab: Beautiful Stations of the Cross today using the Bl. John Henry Newman Meditation s (for obvious reason) and lead by an amazing Bishop Emertius, whose homily at the 3pm Commemorat ion of the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: And for the guy out there who thought that these didn’ ;t have enough red in them, because – according to him – Easter has to have red and these are too blue...
- JonPatrick: A translatio n of HvonBlumen thal’ ;s Spanish article (Google Translate) : Andrei is a young Belarussia n from Minsk studying in Paris. It appears in the viral video of the prayer...
- Pius Admirabilis: I love those vestments! Good job, TMSM! May God bless you, pater reverende, and may you have a blessed Triduum!
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Imrahil: I myself have attended once the anticipate d Sunday Mass, or most of it, in Notre Dame, and there were genuine worshipper s there. It was no more, I guess, of “jus t a tourist...
- Spinmamma: Beautiful!
- Charles E Flynn: This Wikipedia article is about the law under which churches in France built before 1905 were confiscate d by the government : 1905 French law on the Separation of the Churches and...
- Suburbanbanshee: Up until this week, Notre Dame had Mass on weekdays at 8 AM, 9 AM, 12:15 PM, and 6:15 PM (6:30 PM on Sat.). The 8 and 9 AM Masses were in the choir, and the other two were at the...
- jaykay: It really does look great. The “fla mes” from the old, tacky, as you say, rack in my opinion really add to it. Tam antiqua, tam nova. How good that you have craftspers ons who...
- jaykay: Gerard Plourde: yes, I agree, but I’d say that has always been the case. We are social animals and going with the flow, the societal norm, seems ingrained … when “...
- Roy Hobbs: Over the past 20 years or so, I’ve been to Notre Dame three times. In each of those times, I do not recall ever seeing the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, not even in a side-chape l....
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
- ASK FATHER: The priest is a jerk and has hang-ups
- ASK FATHER: My unbaptized wife insists on contraception
- A detail in a detail in a header on this blog and some details about a liturgical detail.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: New York Times
The liberal juggernaut … libbernaut? … is well-connected and organized. They work together. Perhaps you saw the NYT’s piece (aka Hell’s Bible) which managed (through fake news) to make an absurd connection between Card. Burke (whom libs hate with the … Continue reading
I point the readership to two must-read pieces. First, in of all places the New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible), an op-ed by Matthew Schmitz of First Things. “Has Pope Francis Failed?” Next, Carl Olson’s opinion piece at Catholic World Report, which … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
Ross Douthat is not lying down and letting the effete liberal catholic academic mafia kick him. He has declared war. Rather, perhaps he has openly stated that a state of war does in fact exist – he didn’t start it – and that … Continue reading
The New York Time’s (aka Hell’s Bible) took money for an anti-Catholic full-page ad featuring the racist Margaret Sanger. From American Thinker: Anti-Catholic full-page ad in the New York Times today By Ed Lasky The Hobby Lobby decision has ignited … Continue reading
Even the New York Times (usually aka Hell’s Bible… but not today!) has taken notice of what is going on in New York City with the parish of Holy Innocents in midtown Manhattan’s Garment District. My emphases. I would post … Continue reading
At Hell’s Bible today (aka NYT) we have a good example of how twisted things are now. There is a front page article about the death of a pornographer, Al Goldstein, with a photo, and a shot of his pornographic … Continue reading
I am – horribile scriptu – considering subscribing to the online New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible) for the duration of all the papal stuff going on. Know your enemy, after all. Even as I think about this, I keep … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: New York Times Finds Good Nuns September 18, 2012 Bill Donohue comments on an editorial in today’s New York Times: The editorial, “Speaking the Truth to the Vatican,” sounds so macho, especially coming from the unmanly … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: COVER-UP AT NYT AND WASH POST May 7, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on editorials that appear today in the New York Times and Washington Post: Both of these newspapers misstate the facts, fail … Continue reading
Those of you who wonder why the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the American Bishops initiated a reform of the leadership of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), should take a little trip down memory lane. … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: FRONTAL ASSAULT ON CATHOLICISM MARCH 9, 2012 BY ADMIN Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: Never has there been a more vicious anti-Catholic advertisement in a prominent American newspaper than the one in today’s … Continue reading
MSNBC, Hell’s Bible, and their treatment of anything or anyone truly Catholic. What could go wrong? From The Catholic League: MSNBC OUTDOES NEW YORK TIMES Catholic League president Bill Donohue discusses how MSNBC outdid the New York Times’ recent attack … Continue reading
Archbishop Dolan of New York City (will he be named Cardinal tomorrow?) has observations about Hell’s Bible’s hatred for the Catholic Church. My emphases. More from the Times I know, I should drop it. “You just have to get used … Continue reading
From The Catholic League with my emphases and comments: BOSTON GLOBE & NYT LACK "ZERO TOLERANCE" RULE Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: Yesterday, a Boston Globe editorial unfavorably compared the Vatican to the American bishops, saying that … Continue reading