BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- ddhue said Our son was accepted as a seminarian!
- LarryW2LJ said Not my quote – that was from historian and a...
- HighMass said We pray to God to have a next Pope like Cardinal B...
- Lutgardis said AnnTherese — You put “spiritual streng...
- Leslee said Our son will be celebrating the Sacrament of Matr...
- un-ionized said I am walking much better and went up a flight of s...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said My wife and I have just (on 13th) celebrated our S...
- GrumpyYoungMan said EF. Father said he typically talks about the readi...
- catholictrad said AnnTherese – In our diocesan TLM parish the...
- albinus1 said @crych: re: “classical studies”: That...
- Kathleen10 said Oh that was wonderful! What that must have sounde...
- Matilda P said Dave N., I recently had the blessing of meeting a...
- jhayes said Musicus writes There are 2 reasons that GIRM #299...
- ajf1984 said Is it possible, in cricket, to “hit one out...
- Giuseppe said LarryW2LJ, How about the internet? Without which w...
- Fr. Reader said @Orlando There are many resources on the internet,...
- APX said Admittedly, I never gave much thought to Rugby unt...
- robtbrown said LarryW2LJ says: “There are only three things that...
- introibo said OK, not a Mets fan (husband is, I’m a Yankee...
- LarryW2LJ said “There are only three things that America will be...
- APX said Because male and female voices do not blend well Y...
- AnnTherese said Men as “spiritual strength of household̶...
- jaykay said Sal says: “That means that anybody who remem...
- un-ionized said Orlando, I am not talented at learning languages b...
- catholictrad said Our beloved priest (diocesan TLM parish) says freq...
- un-ionized said matthew, wondering about my bishop. he delegates a...
- Supertradmum said Yes, but….http://supertradmum-etheldredaspla...
- JonPatrick said Last weekend our newly ordained associate gave a h...
- Supertradmum said I actually like to watch rugby better than America...
- PhilipNeri said So, who are we in relationship with God? “Man is a...
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Good News
- Wherein Fr. Z becomes a fan of the Samoan Rugby Team
- SILENT NO LONGER: A priest speaks out!
- Mike Piazza – Baseball Hall of Fame Speech: “…the greatest gift a mother could give a child, the gift of my Catholic Faith.”
- Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Zuhlsdorf’s Law isn’t finished with me yet, CW, and Echolink
- Feminist v. Christian
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- The blog, donations and you.
- GIRM WARS: Another front opens in Iowa
- Card. Burke on Islam and our choices for the future
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Sin-Teflon and Demon-Kevlar
- 22 July: Happy FEAST of St. Mary Magdalene
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, comments, Snail Mail and Email
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- Why aging liberals are so nasty and so frightened
- #gopconvention reminds me of two wonderful things
- Advice to new priests in first assignments who suffer under liberal pastors. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a sin to laugh or joke when in need of confession?
- Z-SWAG: HOLY MASS – TURN TOWARDS THE LORD AGAIN!
- Why are certain people afraid of “ad orientem” worship?
- Implementing ‘ad orientem’ worship with charity, prudence and courage
- PODCAzT 149: Interview with Fr. Richard Heilman – Part 2
- Aspirants to Religious Life, Priesthood, DEBT, and You – ACTION ITEM!
- A US bishop “expects”, but doesn’t command, that Mass be said “facing the people”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The Church in Germany is crashing and burning
- ASK FATHER: Last prayer at the point of death
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Odd Brit Sandwich, Priest Killer Pasta, Beautiful Youth Missal
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: November 2012
This came to my email from the Dignitatis Humanae Institute: The much publicised claim of Planned Parenthood to not only provide abortions but also health services such as mammograms have been proven as false. Following President Obama’s repeated assertion of … Continue reading
The McClatchy newspaper group has not been, to my knowledge, very friendly toward the Catholic Church. At McClatchyDC we find this: Bishop orders priests to read anti-Obama letter at Sunday sermons CHICAGO — Joining the chorus of Roman Catholic clergy … Continue reading
From Commonweal in their latest number, comes this editorial against Rep. Paul Ryan (Gov. Romney’s VP pick). I can only assume that, given the timing of this, Commonweal is attacking Ryan because they want Obama to win. I am sure … Continue reading
From AP via a priest friend, about His Excellency Most Rev. David Ricken of Green Bay. Bp. Ricken was once Bishop of Cheyenne in Wyoming, and he was a true friend of Wyoming Catholic College. I suppose he is now … Continue reading
When the National catholic Fishwrap indulgences in its version of hagiography, the results aren’t pretty. Their latest liberal panegyric is an attempt to transmogrify Sr. Simone Campbell, Democrat party activist, bus rider, into a progressivist’s alternative to Bl. Theresa of … Continue reading
Have you seen the slimy new video ad from the Obama campaign? It is disgusting. Here is some analysis from CNA: Catholic analyst reacts to Obama campaign’s new ‘anti-woman’ ad By Hillary Senour Chicago, Ill., Oct 26, 2012 / 05:06 … Continue reading
Card. Burke wrote a prayer which the Catholic Vote folks have posted: AN ELECTION YEAR PRAYER FOR THE FAITHFUL WITNESS OF CATHOLICS IN THE UNITED STATES By His Eminence Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the … Continue reading
Pres. Obama has promoted abortion 241 times. Do you want him to choose two more Supreme Court Justices?
If re-elected, Pres. Obama would probably get to nominate two more Supreme Court Justices. Think about that. No vote at all is a “yes” vote for Obama. Now read this from Life News: President Obama’s Abortion Record: Promoting Abortion 241 Times … Continue reading
If you watch the video of Card. Dolan’s final words and blessing at the end of the Al Smith Dinner (HERE), you will hear him quip in a self-deprecating way that he had hoped that Gov. Christie of New Jersey … Continue reading
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE – MINNESOTANS – GET OUT THE VOTE! The campaign in favor of the Minnesota Marriage Amendment is heating up. Today there was a TV ad released: [wp_youtube]YqO9_I2akOQ[/wp_youtube] There will consequences of this amendment does not pass and … Continue reading
Gov. Romney’s speech at the Al Smith Dinner: [wp_youtube]R4Cw-UdQNtw[/wp_youtube] POLLS! [wp_youtube]-Gy3a50vVSk[/wp_youtube] UPDATE: And for the sake of being complete: [wp_youtube]NvuWVPSMf6g[/wp_youtube]
Radio talk-show great Dennis Prager analyzes pro-abortion catholic VP Joe Biden’s abortion response during the debate. HERE. A taste…. Joe Biden’s Religion: Catholicism or Leftism? In the vice presidential debate, the two candidates, both Roman Catholics, were asked about their religious … Continue reading
Has anyone heard from Catholics For Romney?
From the USCCB: WASHINGTON—The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) issued the following statement, October 12. Full text follows: Last night, the following statement was made during the Vice Presidential debate regarding the decision of the U.S. Department of Health … Continue reading