HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- frbolin: Dear Father Z, As one of the married clergy out there, in particular , a married convert priest, this (clerical continence ) is a question that I’ve asked and researched over the...
- aiello01: I think that laypeople are in a better position to state their opinions. They can’t be fired or demoted from their clerical jobs.
- Gregg the Obscure: may you have safe travels and many opportunit ies to share your wisdom with priests who lack your education and experience and, while it’s a long shot, may you learn...
- TonyO: Great analysis Fr. Z. Thank you!
- Deacon Greg Kandra: Hi, Father Z. Thanks for your thoughts. I just wanted to add one footnote. I’d linked to this in my earlier post, but I suspect a lot of people didn’ ;t read it. In...
- TonyO: APX: good point.
- acardnal: Fr. Z wrote, “In particular , I will be interested to see how they work with priests who prefer to celebrate the TLM or who prefer not to concelebra te.” I suspect the agend...
- Kenneth Wolfe: I look forward to your reaction on this important point. Dr. Hahn is sometimes (often?) to be found at the 12 noon Sunday TLM at Saint Peter̵ 7;s in Steubenvil le.
- Semper Gumby: Blessed travels Fr. Z.
- Semper Gumby: Great video. Fr. Wagner: “ 230;away from something casualR 30;to something lasting. 8221; Nothing Superfluou s is an illuminati ng explanatio n of church architectu re,...
- Anne C.: I had already watched this video, having followed Dr. Marshall on YouTube for some time. I have seen his comments here, so he must also “fol low” you!
- Gab: Safe travels, Father. I’ll be praying for you.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): veritas vincit says: Reading Deacon Kandra’s post in context, I understand that he thinks the issue of abstinence from sex prior to receiving Holy Communion, is a minor...
- Charivari Rob: ” I may be wrong, but it seems that Kandra is, with that Humanae vitae reference, suggesting to his married diaconal confreres ignore or disobey the admonition … 221;...
- JabbaPapa: Chuck, a few times I’ve been at Mass both Vetus and Novus Ordo, and been the only worshipper except the priest. The Mass is the Mass is the Mass.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Kevin: I am hopeful. I don’ t go to things like this, as a rule. However, I’ve heard good things about past events. In particular , I will be interested to see how...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): So, beyond saving time, what are the additional reasons for the priest starting the absolution while the penitent is still making his act of contrition ?
- APX: As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for single all folks. whether they desire to live chaste lives or not. Society makes it extra difficult for them to do so. As...
- veritas vincit: Reading Deacon KandraR 17;s post in context, I understand that he thinks the issue of abstinence from sex prior to receiving Holy Communion, is a minor matter in the Church...
- Chuck4247: I attended an evening Mass at the local Cathedral. “I know that the 5:00 is normally our “vis itors̵ 7; Mass” ;, but thank you for being here on this 90-deg...
- veritas vincit: I would really be interested in this, if it weren̵ 7;t a 90+ minute video.
- Kevin: I am looking froward to your comments. I like a lot of things about the St. Paul Center so I am hoping their conference for Priests is meaningful .
- acardnal: I’m was reminded. . . going to Confession as a young boy prior to the Council, the priest would always say the absolution in Latin while I was saying the Act of Contrition in...
- SanSan: Yes, this was an excellent video. I shared with local priests and Catholics. Fr. Nix really has a strong calling which is much needed today.
- robtbrown: FrDave Nix ? @FrDaveNix Walking through NYC in a cassock all day today. I find overwhelmi ng kindness from people of all races, ages, classes and religions… all except white liberals who...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
- What the ‘c’atholic Left is up to on Twitter
- ASK FATHER: Should Catholic parents attend wedding of daughter outside the Church?
- ASK FATHER: “Funeral Liturgy Outside Mass”
- @Church_Militant on the public lynching of Fr. Eduard Perrone
- Really old frozen permafrost critters revived. What could possibly go wrong?
- Tour Talk – 2019 Tour de France
- The Church Militant and You
- William F. Buckley and Fulton Sheen on Firing Line! 1970
- BOOK: The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity
- ACTION ITEM! Help a traditional deacon get to priesthood. Watch marvelous Fulton Sheen video of 1950 Roman Holy Year
- 07/07/07 – 12th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The beatification of Fulton J. Sheen, patron of faithful priests persecuted by bishops
- Because of so much darkness, there has never been a better time to be a young priest
- Card. Müller on the proposed reform of the Roman Curia
- A dowager of the catholic Left has get’s a dose of the Left’s own medicine.
- UK readers, especially priests, HELP!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: November 2012
Apparently the Nuns On The Bus are still going ’round and ’round with their blatantly partisan political agenda. From a reader: The “Nuns on the Bus” tour has C-Bus for its next stop. This is the group that has been … Continue reading
Here is something very interesting from WND: NEW YORK – As a student at Harvard Law School, then-bachelor Barack Obama’s practice of wearing a gold band on his wedding-ring finger puzzled his colleagues. Now, newly published photographs of Obama from … Continue reading
Leaving aside Clint Eastwood’s rambling at the Republican Convention, the old gag of the empty chair, dusted off and placed in the bright lights, left a huge impression. In the wake of The First Gay President’s hapless debate appearance, and … Continue reading
I was listening to Bill Bennett this morning (Hi, Dr. Bennett!) and heard one of his readers make a great but scary point. The feckless Pres. Obama we heard last night in the debate is the same feckless Pres. Obama … Continue reading
This is interesting. And it is irritating. From WND: America’s salvation depends on Catholics Exclusive: Anita Crane reveals mind-blowing number not registered to vote by Anita Crane “The religious group that seems to be figuring most prominently in the presidential … Continue reading
The fight for our religious liberty is really just beginning. Remember how Pres. Obama said at Notre Shame that he was interested in “common ground”? Remember what he promised Card. Dolan? I was sent this list by a reader. … Continue reading
My friend Fr. John Boyle has posted on his blog Caritas in veritate, some links to four articles from His Excellency Most Rev. Alexander Sample, Bishop of Marquette. Take it away, Fr. Boyle: Bishop Sample of Marquette, Michigan, is … Continue reading
From the most aggressively pro-abortion president there has ever been… from the man who even backed infanticide in Illinois…
From my email: The Religious Liberty battle is NOT over.
In The Catholic Times, the newspaper of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois with my emphases and comments: Think and pray about your vote in upcoming election by Bishop Thomas John Paprocki My dear brothers and sisters in Christ: Much … Continue reading
Have you seen the latest swag being offered by the Obama campaign? For a contribution, you can have one of these! This guy isn’t full of himself, is he. Perhaps he should have made the stripes into the colors of … Continue reading
From Life News: Abp Chaput on voting for Obama: ‘I certainly can’t vote for somebody who’s pro-choice’ by Patrick B. Craine PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 17, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – As the November general election approaches, America’s Catholic bishops have been walking a … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: If no one is supposed to hurt Muslim feelings, why does the Obama campaign brag about killing OBL?
I was just out running errands and while surfing around on the radio, I heard some of Rush’s show, which I don’t usually hear during the day. A first time caller to any show, who sounded like an older woman, … Continue reading
On the site of The White House: Presidential Proclamation — Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance, 2012 PATRIOT DAY AND NATIONAL DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE, 2012 – – – – – – – BY THE PRESIDENT … Continue reading
Via DickMorris.com Obama Thugs Rough Up Gallup For Polls They Don’t Like The Obama Administration’s Justice Department announced, on August 22nd, that it was joining a lawsuit by a former Gallup employee and whistleblower against the Gallup Corporation for allegedly … Continue reading