You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- APX said I eagerly await the foundation of the Presiders As...
- Mary Jane said An all-male sanctuary fosters vocations to the pri...
- Mary Jane said frjim4321 , it is certainly not an injustice to ex...
- papaefidelis said I eagerly await the foundation of the Presiders As...
- APX said “Hey God, you’re neat. Sorry for all the bad stuff...
- UncleBlobb said In the spirit of the Knox translation of the Holy...
- Robbie said I think the unhappiness some priests continue to s...
- marypatricia said A friend used to say “Blessed be His holy Na...
- Dave N. said Thank you for not sending undue Internet traffic t...
- Andrew said From an author explaining “dynamic equivalence in...
- Suburbanbanshee said After the big Xenia tornado of 1974, their parish...
- Andkaras said Venerator Sti Lot, and Fr. Z, and Andkaras all hig...
- Bob B. said Maybe the audience of the ’73 version was th...
- maskaggs said Without denigrating the value of introspection on...
- Andkaras said asking all God’s greatest blessings for mama...
- Panterina said Lost my job yesterday, after 16 years. I have to p...
- Phil_NL said Frankly, the only thing I could do upon reading th...
- Laura Lea said Thank you very much Mr. Masked Chicken. I very mu...
- totustuusmaria said Even if it did not encourage vocations, the servic...
- CatholicCoffee said I would like to echo Jack Hughes’ request, t...
- cyriss01 said @Patrick-K. If I heard that prayer at the Holy Sac...
- cyriss01 said If I were a priest and I absolutely had to say the...
- Wade said Those that complain about the 2011 translation are...
- Patrick-K said I don’t understand how it can be justified t...
- moon1234 said One other suggestion would be to use the manufactu...
- Kathy C said The feelings and egos of girls and women do count....
- moon1234 said There has not been 64bit non-compliant hardware fo...
- CatholicCoffee said Fr. Z., you have forgotten to add to the end of yo...
- Long-Skirts said CRIMSON RED Red cassocks For the Altar boys At Mas...
- Jennifer_Fitz said I voted all-male encourages, because of the obviou...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: novena
During the Year of Faith we should work to revive popular piety and communual devotions.
A friend in Rome, Fabricius Magnus, sent me the following:
Sandro Magister has an article related to the pope’s visit to Loreto and reports of a conference … Continue reading
I listened to SSPX Bp. Fellay’s sermon for the ordinations to the priesthood today in Econe
Our friends at Rorate have some English. Audio in French is here. BTW… I haven’t heard many “normal” bishops speak at an ordination with this … Continue reading
I have just started to read SSPX Bp. Galaretta’s contradiction of the “Doctrinal Preamble” offered by the Holy See in advance of reconciliation.
It is in French right now. HERE.
In the meantime, His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Finigan posted a request to pray … Continue reading
I offered you a rant about the transfer of Ascension Thursday to Sunday. I think it is a mistake because, a) it is contrary to a liturgical tradition since the 4th century, b) it is contrary to Scripture, c) it … Continue reading
From the site of the Diocese of Raleigh:
Bishop Burbidge Requests Novena for Seminarian Philip Johnson
The Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge has announced a novena to Our Holy Mother, patroness of the Diocese of Raleigh, on behalf of seminarian … Continue reading
I have learned that the USCBB has issued a text of a Novena for a Fuller Participation in the Sacrament of the Eucharist for the next nine Fridays, beginning Sept. 30, to help Catholics prepare for the new translation.
DAY/FRIDAY #2 … Continue reading
This Sunday’s dense Collect survived the scissors and paste-pots of the Consilium during the 1960’s and lived on in the post-Conciliar Missale Romanum as the 28th Sunday of Ordinary Time (next week). This prayer, used for centuries, is in … Continue reading
Since it is Ascension THURSDAY, when the first novena of prayer before Pentecost began for the Lord’s Blessed Mother and His Apostles, I have it in mind to start a novena of my own for two personal and important … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a person in the state of Mortal Sin begin a Novena with the intention of going to Confession as soon as possible? It seems it won’t be efficacious if the soul was in sin when beginning a … Continue reading