Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- HvonBlumenthal: Maryelangd on Precisely. That is why I believe this to be what the present papacy is calculatin g First divide the sheep from the goats, then cut ties with the half you don’t like.
- jameeka: I think where Fr Z is, he won’t be able to view the Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse tomorrow ( today?) night. Thank you for that graphic descriptio n of the setting moon, Father Z!
- Joe in Canada: “bei ng ushered 217;. i used to live in a city where at the cathedral, ushers were instructed to tap people on the shoulder if they knelt during the Consecrati on, and say...
- Fuerza: Gerard Plourde, I don’t know that such a scenario is feasible. Limited intercommu nion of this type really only works because the PNCC is fully outside the Church, while the SSPX is techn...
- MrsMacD: To those who wonder why this needs to be public, consider that many do not have a firm grounding in their Faith and many might wonder what the true Catholic attitude is. He’s leading...
- MrsMacD: Good friend GD just told us he’s recovering from brain and thyroid surgery. Please pray for his recovery.
- maryelangdon: HvBlomenth al. Your last “pos sible scenario 8221; fits in with my thinking. So, how do we escape with our CatholicFa ith? You leave us with no options.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Et ego dico tibi, quia tu es Petrus, et super hanc petram ædificabo Ecclesiam meam, et portæ inferi non prævalebun t adversus eam.
- Dan: “ Singing, after all, is what one does when he loves (cf Augustine – “cantare amantis est”” This quote along with the more famous “when you sing you pray twice” are a favorite of many happy...
- HvonBlumenthal: Here’s a possible scenario 1. Abandon the idea that the EF and OF are two forms of the same Mass. Da Oltra achieves this. 2. Declare that the difference s between the Vatican and...
- Gabriel Syme: Gerard Plourde, Perhaps the best outcome the SSPX can hope for at this time is to receive the status the Polish National Catholic Church has, i.e. Vatican-sa nctioned limited interc...
- MrsMacD: Dear KAS I once sent a good friend who sang Lord of the Dance at Mass the website of St. John Cantius/ CC Watershed. He must not have looked or listened closely because he wrote it off as...
- Malta: “Fir st, because there are far more and widespread numbers of the older form being celebrated there is less pastoral need for what the PCED was doing. ” I respectful ly disagr...
- Gerard Plourde: Both sides have acknowledg ed that the barrier to reconcilia tion is doctrinal. Perhaps the best outcome the SSPX can hope for at this time is to receive the status the Polish...
- Malta: Think what Pope St. Pius X, transporte d forward into time, and sitting in the ‘aud ience̵ 7; would think of this show? Is it even Catholic?
- Supertradmum: Love your travel updates 211;I am past big trips̷ 0;
- Supertradmum: I lived in Minneapoli s in the 1970s. By then, it was one of the top cities for homosexual s and their lifestyle. This culture is entrenched in the Twin Cities. Sadly, this has...
- Supertradmum: Before I read your comment, Father, I made a comment online that I thought this was a good idea. A CDF has more authority regarding doctrine. Too many trads look for problems when...
- Amerikaner: Yeah, this is a non-story for me. If this was intended to be some sort of slam to traditiona lists then there is no bite to this dog.
- majuscule: My church is one of three in the parish. The parish supplies the OCP missalette s and music book so we don’t have much choice. (Oregon Catholic Press for those who are blessed to not...
- gdweber: Thank you, KAS, for recommendi ng *The St. Jean de Brébeuf Hymnal*. I’ve been meaning to have a look at it. I’m hesitating , because I’ve been disappoint ed a couple of...
- gdweber: I grew up in one of the Protestant churches, singing good Protestant hymns. I thought that I should sing, and I enjoyed doing so. As a teenager, I was sometimes upset with my father, who...
- WmHesch: Haha yes!! Mea culpa- forgot it’s 2019.
- HvonBlumenthal: Wm: we are in 2019 now
- Semper Gumby: Well, the LA Re-Educati on Camp is nothing if not consistent : pantheism, melodrama, and warmed-ove r 1980s Sandalista ideology.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Epiphany – liturgical unicorn
- Francis suppressed the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”. Fr. Z remarks.
- ASK FATHER: Do I have to sing at Mass?
- Scandalous parish in @ArchdioceseSPM – public celebration of homosexuality, IVR and surrogacy
- My View For Awhile: Westward
- ASK FATHER: Finding good sponsors for confirmation
- ASK FATHER: Where can I get good Brown Scapulars?
- ASK FATHER: Friday penance on flight across International Date Line
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Noveritis
At Epiphany – once upon a time far more important than Christmas – we Latins have the custom of singing a solemn proclamation of the key liturgical dates – movable feasts – for the new year of salvation, just begun. … Continue reading
Someone posted a printable image of the Noveritis (“Let y’all know”) in Gregorian chant notation for the singing of the liturgical dates for 2016 which takes place at Epiphany after the Gospel. Find it over there. BE WARNED: At that site is … Continue reading
Someone posted a printable image of the Noveritis (“Let y’all know”) in Gregorian chant notation for the singing of the liturgical dates for 2016 which takes place at Epiphany after the Gospel. Find it over there. NB: In this year’s version … Continue reading
Someone posted a printable image of the Noveritis (“Let y’all know”) in Gregorian chant notation for the singing of the liturgical dates for 2014 which takes place at Epiphany after the Gospel. Find it over there. The singing of the key … Continue reading
I saw something helpful at New Liturgical Movement. Someone posted a printable image of the Noveritis (“Let y’all know”) in Gregorian chant notation for the singing of the liturgical dates for 2014 which takes place at Epiphany after the Gospel. They … Continue reading