- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Geoffrey said Elizabeth D: Amen!
- Elizabeth D said Beautiful.
- KateD said I am impressed by a person who publicly wears thei...
- kevinm said Chimed in…Thank you Father. Kevin
- Sword40 said I agree with the above posters. But let us not for...
- incredulous said “Oh the cellulosity! And all the redwoods sc...
- pelerin said The video reminded me of the sign I saw outside a...
- BLB Oregon said “Is the problem of world hunger Western gree...
- McCall1981 said @benedetta, Yes, but will the Francis effect under...
- Sliwka said I think the answer is the Catholic “both/and...
- Elizabeth D said I think hunger is critical in the big picture both...
- Supertradmum said I had noted this information of the cult of person...
- everett said In regards to the ad, I use Ad-Block Plus and Nosc...
- Supertradmum said Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta said when visiti...
- benedetta said Ah, it’s the Benedict Effect!...
- Austin Catholics said “Is the problem of world hunger Western gree...
- Ben Kenobi said I’m not paying either the fine or registerin...
- mamajen said Ugh…I understand Pope Francis had to say som...
- Elizabeth D said I am always comforted to see the “no guns...
- ASPM Sem said Meus responsum ad QUAERITUR: Cur non uterque? [eh...
- wmeyer said @Priam, how would the market dominate? Sellers nee...
- mamajen said lol… I’ve been wondering if the “...
- robtbrown said Hans says: Ah, but transitional deacons are transi...
- RosaMystica said And there are more vocations than are being counte...
- Robbie said On the one hand, vocations had to stop falling at...
- jameeka said Agree that it is nice to hear it in the media.
- CatholicLiving said “Where the Bishops boldly proclaim the Faith...
- Hans said Hey, TMC, good to see you still knocking about. W...
- jhayes said Skay is right. The $95 increases to $325 for 2015...
- Mike said I find the adulation of this man very disturbing....
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: NSR
I have written before that the ordination of women is the flagship issue for liberals.
So long as Pope Francis won’t change Church “policy”, he will remain in their dog house.
Some conservatives frown when the Pope gets out over his skiis … Continue reading
Read reactions and analysis of Evangelii gaudium and you will quickly see that the catholic Left’s take on the Apostolic Exhortation inexorably veers into “Isn’t it great that the Pope hates traditionalists? He’s one of us!”
Heh heh. Not so much.
The catholic Left … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka the National Schismatic Reporter), venomous writer Michael Sean Winters threw a spittle-flecked nutty about the appointment of Most Rev. Leonard Blair as the new Archbishop of Hartford.
I won’t go into the details of MSW’s spittle-flecks.
I’ll just observe … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter), the editor is already starting to wring his hands.
The editorial is a bit mawkish, but you can forgive that.
Here is a sample:
Francis is the exclamation point on Vatican II
Thomas C. Fox
I already hear … Continue reading
Over at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap), Michael Sean Winters attacked Bp. Tobin for saying that he (Tobin) is disappointed that Pope Francis hasn’t spoken enough about abortion.
Lastly, a note to the nuncio. Unless you want to spend … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter’s Michael Sean Winters continues that non-Catholic site’s onslaught on orthodox bishops.
Here is a sample:
My colleague Brian Roewe reported yesterday on an interview given by Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Illinois. There is much that is – … Continue reading
I was going to write it, but over at CatholicVote (keep praying for Thom Peters’ complete recovery!), Matt Bowman beat me to it with a great look into the wacky world of the Fishwrap‘s (aka National Schismatic Reporter) support of … Continue reading
Sr. Kane (of “NUNS GONE WILD” fame) on Pope Francis’ feelings. Wherein Fr. Z rants and has some fun.
First, take a look HERE. This is where the Holy See posted the transcript of Pope Francis’ chat with newsies on the flight back to Rome from Rio. From what I can tell, it is the whole thing and in … Continue reading
Here is something that I never thought I would write.
Fr. Z kudos to Jamie Manson of the National Schismatic Reporter.
One of Fishwrap‘s headliners, a darling of LCWR, the openly-lesbian, Margaret Farley-mentored Jamie Manson has sobered up about Pope Francis.
She has … Continue reading