You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgic...
- drea916 said Most people wouldn’t attend either of those....
- JabbaPapa said Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgically? Y...
- Imrahil said Note that when I said “the Elder Son had a p...
- CatholicCoffee said Henry Edwards: Do those making such comments reall...
- Imrahil said Reverend dear @Fr Fox, thank you again for your co...
- LarryW2LJ said Hoo boy! I think I would have walked as soon as m...
- janeway529 said Speaking of the LA Religious Ed Congress, the 2013...
- jameeka said Thank you for this discussion, especially Fr Fox a...
- JonPatrick said To follow on to what Henry Edwards said, it is not...
- OrthodoxChick said Here’s a potential remedy. Did anyone else...
- Pete said Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgica
- Priam1184 said Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto! Sicut e...
- PostCatholic said It’s a lot more generous than we atheists on...
- Henry Edwards said Some of the preceding comments appear to reflect a...
- frjim4321 said That’s weird. I knew from early Friday that...
- The Masked Chicken said Should, of course, be Theologica. The Chicken
- The Masked Chicken said “NB Mt 20:28 and Mk:10:45. The Son of Man di...
- ocleirbj said “…focus on your intimate encounter wit...
- CatholicCoffee said CatholicintheAgeofAquarius: I think we’d all agree...
- Mariana2 said My dogs are not amused : ) ! APX, so sorry. My dog...
- Phil_NL said So, did they win…?
- Phil_NL said congratulations, RMT (and Mrs RMT-to-be)! And than...
- Phil_NL said Darrin, You – and everyone else here –...
- John Fannon said A wonderful prayer. The 3 pleas could be considere...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Although I live in Idaho, I am constantly in the A...
- Bob B. said @Will D. Two years and he hasn’t done anyth...
- El Salvador Awaits Abp. Romero Beatification - Big Pulpit said [...] Frye, Catholic Answers If Atheists Can Go to...
- TraditionalCatholicGirl said I understand that the majority of abuses that comm...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Nan Of course I know the difference. What did I...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Obamacare
In a straight line from Epicurus to Machiavelli to Descartes to Hobbes to Rousseau to Mill to Darwin to Sanger to your front door….
Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say
Parents should be allowed to have their newborn babies killed … Continue reading
A good sermon on 5 February 2012 by Fr. Sammie Maletta at St. John the Evangelist Parish in St. John, Indiana.
You will not regret the 11 minutes you spend.
Good job, Father.
Technorati Tags: health care, HHS, Obamacare, Pres. Obama, religion, … Continue reading
On the site of National Review there is a piece by Mark Steyn which I recommend. Here is an excerpt.
Welcome to Obamacare.
The president of the United States has decided to go Henry VIII on the Church’s medieval ass. Whatever religious … Continue reading
Here is some good news from the Penacola News Journal.
U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio today introduced the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 2012, a bill to repeal a new “ObamaCare” mandate that violates the religious liberties and conscience rights of faith-based … Continue reading
Cardinal-To-Be Dolan, Archbishop of New York, had an Op-Ed in the Wall Street Journal which is worthy of your attention. Here is an excerpt, the last part with my emphases:
The rule forces insurance companies to provide these services without a … Continue reading
This is an excellent piece from Townhall.
Will Obama Destroy Franciscan University of Steubenville?
Daniel Webster was the most famous lawyer of his day. In 1819, the “Godlike Daniel” stood before the U.S. Supreme Court and argued passionately … Continue reading
Implications of Obama Administration’s move to force Catholic hospitals to provide “contraception” and sterilizations
A few days ago in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune Fr. Peter Laird, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, had a good piece about the mandate from the Obama Administration (HHS) requiring that “contraception” and sterilizations be paid … Continue reading
I understand that there is a vote in the House of Representatives tomorrow which concerns the repeal of the pro-abortion “Obamacare” legislation as well as the introduction of the “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act.”
If you have a strong feeling … Continue reading
I have been away from my usual fixes of American political news. Thus I was interested to read this on CMR:
During a speech in Dallas on Wednesday night Sarah Palin attacked President Obama for being the “most pro-abortion president … Continue reading
The other day I posted a little entry about how the “Magisterium of Nuns” is making war on the American bishops. The liberal sisters, who have compromised their Catholic identity, are trying to set up an alternative magisterium over and … Continue reading