Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Absit invidia: You’ ve likely already seen them, but there are some handy tools that you can try to shave off some time: the lemon press here … and the garlic press here – …...
- Grant M: Sometime in the early 70’s: ICEL translator : ‘Gee, these Latin prayers shore are difficult! Wish I’d paid more attention in Latin class instead of reading Playdude under my desk… Ah...
- richiedel: I, too, was struck by the direct wording of the Secret when following the Mass today. Happy FatherR 17;s Day, Fr. Z.!
- cathgrl: I think you meant to post this link https://ww w.guampdn. com/videos /news/2018 /06/13/gua m-gv-calvo -explains- gift-trump /696828002 /
- benedetta: Sunday of Christ Healing the Centurian& #8217;s Servant in Greek Catholic Rite. The centurian was a member of an elite, with one hundred men under him, of a different class, culture, and...
- StabatMater: Emilio: “The re are surely worse things in this world than several thousand people chanting the Pater Noster together in Latin.R 21; Several thousand? Not even close. Does a...
- chantgirl: Another ADD female here, and the most incredibly distractin g thing for me about the Novus Ordo is all of the songs in English which are sung during Communion. It is incredibly diffic...
- HvonBlumenthal: I fear that the 1973 ICEL translator s were not at all sloppy but in fact very diligent. The entire Novus Ordo project can be seen as the careful excision of anything which might...
- The original Mr. X: The priest in my (EF) Mass this morning told us that gay pride is an anti-Catho lic ideology and that the whole “bor n this way” narrative rests on a failure to...
- Sawyer: OF Mass. Referring to the small size of the mustard seed compared to its enormously fruitful yield for the Kingdom of God, the priest said that God can choose the small, the broken, the...
- M. K.: I’m ambivalent about the article – I suppose it’s nice to see Commonweal say anything remotely positive about traditiona l liturgy, but the authorR 17;s comments about...
- The Astronomer: The commonly-e xperienced venacular Novus Ordo is ‘eas y’ in the sense that it can be compared to a popular movie you’ ve seen a hundred times, like Star Wars or...
- Semper Gumby: stephen c: Interestin g anecdote about GKC, laughter, and Jesus. GKC probably did take himself too seriously sometimes. Thus, for levity, his essay on Cheese. Here’ ;s how he...
- Ave Maria: The TLM is for all! And I believe it is our future.
- Semper Gumby: robtbrown wrote: “The pope is referring not to ancient gnosticism but rather to a version of it that arose in the rationalis m of the Enlightenm ent: Reason usurped the Faith....
- taylorhall95: Yes! Fr Laforet is a wonderful priest! Let us pray that the semi-regul ar TLMs he offers in College Station will soon become regular, every Sunday TLMs!
- taylorhall95: I am currently attending the Latin Mass in Austin, TX while I’m here for the summer. The mass is really well attended by young families, and is very reverent! I read the article and...
- Benedict Joseph: They deny the credence of their own experience . This is an example from the microcosm of the reality the entire Church is living through. We are clinging to a lie in the face of a...
- DeGaulle: Lorra astutely quotes the authorR 17;s opinion that ‘ 230;I don’ t think it’s the future of the ChurchR 30;’ . Why, then, the extraordin ary efforts of...
- Fr. Reader: @Ivan. By chance, are you Ivan Mi Je Ime? I met you somewhere else recently 8230; ?
- ServusChristi: Yes, tradition succeeds where it’s tried because its origins are within the unity of the Catholic church and aren’ ;t tarnished by outside religions or sects. As a priest...
- Blackfriar: An almost identical gadget is still in use on St BlaiseR 17;s Day at St Patrick 217;s Basilica in Ottawa.
- RichR: The Latin Mass at the Cathedral was presided over by Fr. Albert LaForet (now our pastor in College Station 230;..and we love him!). While rector at the Cathedral, he oversaw the GORGE...
- robtbrown: CIC 986
- robtbrown: Fr Z says, [And yet now they validly absolve, they validly witness marriages (with cooperatio n with the diocese), people can fulfill their Mass obligation s at their Masses… one of the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
- ASK FATHER: Celebrate Prudence and not “Pride”!
- Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- Disturbing short film “The Confession” that somehow won Catholic award
- Father’s Day gift idea – from the “hearts”
- PHILIPPINES: To arm priests or not to arm?
- ASK FATHER: What does the comma really say?
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- A “puzzled” and “surprise” Card. Kasper is “furious”
- Fulton Sheen’s body to return to his native Diocese of Peoria
- Who are the real Neo-Gnostics?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham
Happy Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham to members of the Ordinariate across the Pond.
I’ll take this occasion to remind you of the image of Our Lady by the Catholic sacred artist Daniel Mitsui. The 7″ x 10″ print is ready … Continue reading
On Thursday, 9 October, a Solemn Mass in the Ordinariate use of the Roman Rite will be offered at the Ordinariate central church in London, Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Gregory (Warwick St.).
The Mass will be celebrated by … Continue reading
In the wake of the decision of the State tethered Church of England to have wyshyps (female bishops), the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up a “Exploration Day”.
You know that the Ordinariate was created according to the provisions … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file, I received a press release about the founding of the Anglican Ordinariate in England’s first monastery!
Ordinariate formally establishes its “praying heart”
On January 1, the Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God, the convent … Continue reading
It is the season for ordinations. I participated in one yesterday, as a matter of fact. However, the other day there was an ordination which I very much would like to have attended: Fr. John Hunwicke, a former Anglican priest, … Continue reading
Fr. John Hunwicke apparently received permission from Msgr. Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham to preach Oxford University’s Latin Sermon from Newman’s pulpit.
The text (I received along with it the paraphrase, which is not my rendering):
Sunt autem, … Continue reading
Here are links to three stories relevant to the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham in England.
On Fr. Blake’s excellent blog we find that there will be a talk given my Msgr. Andrew Burnham, of the Ordinariate, a St. Magdelen … Continue reading
Keeping in mind that Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity, here is a photo via NLM which offers one of the reasons why Anglicanorum coetibus was a good idea.
We need an infusion of this sort of blood into … Continue reading
I read at the site Ordinarite Portal, for the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up under the provisions of Anglicanorum coetibus – Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity – that on 28 May H.E. Daniel Card. … Continue reading
Long-time participant HE alerted me to the following from the site of the SSPX.
They are happy about the reception of so many former Anglicans entering into the Roman obedience.
As you know, Anglicans are able to enter full union with the … Continue reading
The other day I mentioned that I had heard that Msgr. Keith Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham would be received by Pope Benedict XVI.
This is on VIS:
Il Santo Padre ha ricevuto questa mattina in … Continue reading
Anna Arco of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald has this report:
Pope makes former Anglican bishops monsignori
By Anna Arco
The Pope has honoured three former Anglican bishops, the first members of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, with … Continue reading