You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Cavaliere said I’d be the first to admit that it’s technically pe...
- Imrahil said Dear @Hank Igitur, I agree. Dear @Chicken, nomoret...
- Athelstan said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- Athelstan said “As far as I know, there has been no negativ...
- JonPatrick said I agree with the Chicken. It is silly to scapegoat...
- PA mom said Dear Fathers, please keep parents of young childr...
- JonPatrick said pjsandstrom, of course Latin has been in use in th...
- The Masked Chicken said “No doubt my generation is narcissistic, mat...
- billy said I’m sorry. I respectfully disagree. If the m...
- pjsandstrom said It would be an interesting ‘thought experime...
- pjsandstrom said It would be an interesting ‘thought experime...
- Fr AJ said It really bothers me that the new Roman Missal doe...
- Maltese said Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass if you...
- orthros said Supertradmum, I historically love your responses b...
- New Sister said Recently heard something on EWTN that bothered me&...
- Kerry said Ah, Latin. Would Pavoratti improve if he had gott...
- The Masked Chicken said Of course, there might have been a missing punctua...
- Greek Fire said Geoffrey, I’d say for starters find a couple...
- The Masked Chicken said ““It’s too bad someone doesn’t write the boo...
- dahveed said Regarding Geoffrey’s question, we, as laypeo...
- pelerin said A few weeks ago I sat with a couple of holidaymake...
- jflare said frjim, I agree to a fair extent that the reactions...
- Supertradmum said cathgrl, I am not confused. I have taught Millenia...
- Imrahil said Dear @Cheesesteak Expert, in the theologian techni...
- Cool Catholic said I wonder how the Pontifical Academy for Latin http...
- Jack Hughes said Fr Jim How condescending of you, I hope (next sep...
- Geoffrey said “We need Latin in the NOVUS ORDO.” Yes...
- timothyputnam said Father, My parish has English and Spanish Ad Orie...
- RomeontheRange said YES we need Novus Ordo Latin Masses. It is such a...
- Fr Jackson said Father, the Oratory idea constitutes an abandonmen...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
- Card. O’Malley to boycott Boston College when they honor pro-abortion Irish PM
- WDTPRS Do It Yourself: Friday after (transferred) Ascension
- I’m feeling bad for the nuns today
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Ordo
I posting from my mobile phone in an airplane, so I must be brief.
The canons at St John Cantius in Chicago sent me a spiffy new Ordo for the Usus Antiquior.
Here are some photos to give you an idea of … Continue reading
Remember… Advent is coming…. FAST.
Fathers… do you have your 2013 Ordo for the Usus Antiquior as well as for the Novus Ordo.
The Roman Rite has two forms. You should have an Ordo for both.
Technorati Tags: Extraordinary Form, Ordo, Usus Antiquior
Send … Continue reading
FSSP Liturgical Ordo Correction: Sunday, October 21, 2012
October 17, 2012
A correction to the FSSP Liturgical Ordo for this Sunday, October 21: the Ordo specifies that this Sunday begins the 3rd Sunday in October for the Matins readings. However, as … Continue reading
It is October, and therefore time to start thinking about getting a new Ordo for the 2012-13 liturgical calendar… for the Extraordinary Form, of course!
I returned to the USA from my travel abroad to find waiting for me a copy of … Continue reading
The nice people at the Fraternity of St. Peter’s offices sent me a copy of their Ordo.
I looked at the Angelus Press Ordo recently and posted about it.
My initial observations about the FSSP Ordo are a) the FSSP is in … Continue reading
Thanks to the kind folks at Angelus Press, I have a new Ordo for the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
“But Father! But Father”, some people are about to ask, with a rising pitch: “Why do you write about … Continue reading
First, if you are not in the state of grace, don’t just go to Holy Communion anyway. That’s a sacrilege and a mortal sin. Those of you who are lax about Mass attendance need to remember that not going to … Continue reading
The nice people at Angelus Press sent me a 2011 Ordo… the Ordo Divini Officii Persolvendi Missaeque Sacrificii Peragendi Pro Anno Domini 2011.
This Ordo is in accordance with the rubrics established by John XXIII in Rubricarum instructum of 25Jul 1960.
This … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Thank you for the work you do on your blog. I appreciate your wise counsels and good advice and of course your humor. Above all, however, I appreciate your fidelity to to the truth and the courage … Continue reading