Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Andreas: It is unfortunat e indeed that, a Father Z has noted with reference to the term ‘gay ’, that the appropriat ion of something quite innocent like the colors of the rainbow is...
- Fr_Andrew: GYORVIB. Clearly that’ ;s not ROY G BIV. How could anyone things that! Actually it’s : Verde, Amarillo, Naranja, Rojo. Violeta, Indigo, Azul or VAN R VIA. That may sound like...
- tamranthor: I am unclear on what, precisely, the end game is for these homosexual s. They already control the hierarchy, and have sex with their boyfriends and rape sessions with seminarian s. They...
- Shonkin: When the Church canonizes someone a Saint, it declares that the person is in Heaven. That’ ;s all we must believe. The purpose of canonizati on is something else, of course. The...
- NBW: The Latin American cross my foot. They are trying to sneak their agenda in, just like they did at the World Youth Day in Denver when they had a female meme play the part of Jesus. The sodo-c...
- Gil Garza: https://ww w.facebook .com/92140 0707923652 /posts/208 2411431822 568/ Durante el Sínodo de Obispos, los jóvenes auditores de latinoamér ica, han entregado al Santo Padre un pectoral con...
- ChesterFrank: it reminds me of those vestments used in Ireland not to long ago. there was some confusion about that symbols meaning also.subli minal
- ChesterFrank: Our infatuatio n with health, fitness, and body types. Our emphasis on intelligen ce , and educationa l status. Our glorificat ion of science,te chnology,e ngineering ,and mathema...
- TonyO: Rahner and his revolting journal Concilium, and Balthasar and his atrocious journal Communio did as much damage to theology and to priests as any influence you can name. I don’ t care...
- mysticmonk: I heard this is the official World Youth Day cross for 2019… ;
- TDPelletier: Here is the adress of the facebook page of the youth group associated with the logo : https://ww w.facebook .com/33782 1840123486 /photos/a. 3378545667 86880/3537 2510853315 9/?type=3
- Vincent1967: Dear Father, Globally, and in most peopleR 17;s eyes now, this can only mean one thing. We all know it. Secondly, I have been so, so pleased to have been able to share my thoug...
- Will Elliott: This cross design is the Cruz de la Pastoral Juvenil Latinoamer icana (http://ww w.pjlatino americana. org/simbol os.html). It is not an LGBT cross. Via Google Translate: “...
- ThePapalCount: IF this is photo-shop ped… .poor joke. If it is not its shameful because Pope Francis knows well what the colors represent or what the colors are “clo se to” being....
- capchoirgirl: THAT is something the pope should NEVER wear. Ever.
- Philmont237: As someone that (very nearly) has a graduate degree in Latin America Security Studies, the only groups in LATAM that use a rainbow motif as official symbols are various indigen...
- Livewire: It’s going to get much worse I’m sorry to say
- Facta Non Verba: Father Z – I had no idea that Justice Butler’s grave was in St. Paul. I am going to make a point to visit his grave within the next couple of weeks. Nice post! Thank you!
- Pío Pío Pío: Does the Pope think we are imbeciles? The Pope knows that a picture is worth a thousand words. He knows the rainbow is a gay symbol. This is so deliberate that it’s insulting the...
- ArthurH: AAAARRRRGG GGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!! Nothing much more to say, EVEN IF their explanatio n is ALSO valid. Sorta matches that all-grins photo from PF’s meeting with the American Bishops on the sex...
- Alaskamama: Two weeks ago my friend was telling me about her aunt and uncle who have no children. When her uncle was in first grade, he didn’t sit still nicely in class so he was sterilized . This...
- hwriggles4: Fr. Zuhlsdorf: Thank you for mentioning gravesites of priests. This summer, I attended the National Catholic Singles 217; Conference which was held in the Twin Cities, not far from...
- Dismas: We are all frustrated , TMC. The most we can do is pray for divine interventi on, and to survive said interventi on.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
- ASK FATHER: ” I feel that my Faith is just being torn apart”
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Australia and removal of all abortion restrictions
- Francis accepted Card. Wuerl’s two year old resignation, wrote him a Letter
- ASK FATHER: Official Latin of Fatima Rosary Prayer
- NOTE TO READERS about email and contact
- Anniversary of John XXIII’s 1962 “Gaudet Mater Ecclesia” and how it has been misused #Synod2018 #VaticanII #podcast
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Ordo
It’s that time of year again.
Time to get your 2018 ORDO.
The new liturgical year begins with Advent on 3 December.canons
“Ordo” is a short way of referring to the booklet called Ordo divini officii recitandi sacrique peragendi” or else “Ordo Missae CElebrandae … Continue reading
Every Latin Church sacristy should have an Ordo for both the Ordinary and the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. Every sacristy… even if the older form of Mass isn’t celebrated at the church.
A while back I posted about the 2016 … Continue reading
It is that time of year again. Advent is just around the corner. That means that we have to get our new ORDO for 2015.
Every Latin Church sacristy should have an Ordo for both the Ordinary and the Extraordinary Form.
The … Continue reading
From a priest…
Our Canadian Ordo says we may use the sequence Victimae paschale laudes on this coming Second Sunday of Easter, which sequence I dearly love.
Such was not the case in the Missal of St Pius V, including St John … Continue reading
I have been wanting to post about a few useful items. Let’s start with what I received today.
I have written in the past about the spiffy TLM travel altar cards from SPORCH. SPORCH is the Society for the Preservation of Roman … Continue reading
The Canons of St. John Cantius in Chicago sent me a copy of their 2014 Ordo for use with the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
Every sacristy needs to have an Ordo for both forms of the Roman Rite!
An Ordo … Continue reading
The good people at the FSSP have sent me their Ordo for 2014. They are the first group to do so!
Do you have your 2014 yet, Fathers?
To order the FSSP’s Ordo, click HERE. This Ordo is especially useful for NORTH … Continue reading
I posting from my mobile phone in an airplane, so I must be brief.
The canons at St John Cantius in Chicago sent me a spiffy new Ordo for the Usus Antiquior.
Here are some photos to give you an idea of … Continue reading
Remember… Advent is coming…. FAST.
Fathers… do you have your 2013 Ordo for the Usus Antiquior as well as for the Novus Ordo.
The Roman Rite has two forms. You should have an Ordo for both.
FSSP Liturgical Ordo Correction: Sunday, October 21, 2012
October 17, 2012
A correction to the FSSP Liturgical Ordo for this Sunday, October 21: the Ordo specifies that this Sunday begins the 3rd Sunday in October for the Matins readings. However, as … Continue reading
It is October, and therefore time to start thinking about getting a new Ordo for the 2012-13 liturgical calendar… for the Extraordinary Form, of course!
I returned to the USA from my travel abroad to find waiting for me a copy of … Continue reading
The nice people at the Fraternity of St. Peter’s offices sent me a copy of their Ordo.
I looked at the Angelus Press Ordo recently and posted about it.
My initial observations about the FSSP Ordo are a) the FSSP is in … Continue reading
Thanks to the kind folks at Angelus Press, I have a new Ordo for the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
“But Father! But Father”, some people are about to ask, with a rising pitch: “Why do you write about … Continue reading
First, if you are not in the state of grace, don’t just go to Holy Communion anyway. That’s a sacrilege and a mortal sin. Those of you who are lax about Mass attendance need to remember that not going to … Continue reading
The nice people at Angelus Press sent me a 2011 Ordo… the Ordo Divini Officii Persolvendi Missaeque Sacrificii Peragendi Pro Anno Domini 2011.
This Ordo is in accordance with the rubrics established by John XXIII in Rubricarum instructum of 25Jul 1960.
This … Continue reading