When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- sw85 said @ Dennis Martin — Correct. As was written he...
- wanda said Thank you, Fr. Z., for sharing the richness of ou...
- Dennis Martin said Maltese wrote: “My guess is this particular...
- Sonshine135 said I also want to share an article someone brought to...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Dennis Martin, Sadly, I have come to the same...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father.
- cpttom said Scott W. We will yet have our Kristallnacht for th...
- ckdexterhaven said How many of our fellow Catholics are even aware of...
- Kerry said Supertradmum, dittos.
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Yes, wow. The very verses I’ve wondering abo...
- Scott W. said If you’re a florist, just say you’re busy that day...
- Grumpy Beggar said . . . All good reasons to pray , as related by Sup...
- MikeM said It seems to me that with permissions in Mass rules...
- Matt R said There is no essential difference between natural a...
- Can a better president stop the coming persecution? « New Sherwood said […] This post by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf inspired...
- Landless Laborer said Satan has been up until now underfoot like most sn...
- StJude said So sad what is happening in my state. If Pence ca...
- awlms said Faithful Catholics should all stop complaining and...
- chantgirl said Breibart has an article outlining the next moves o...
- Elizabeth D said If a Jesuit comes to the pews to shake your hand,...
- Supertradmum said If one goes once a week or once every two weeks, a...
- Sonshine135 said May the last words out of my mouth be, “Lord...
- JimP said A Jesuit temporarily in residence at our parish do...
- Supertradmum said Sorry, many folks here, but politics cannot change...
- Grateful to be Catholic said More than a century ago, Hilaire Belloc researched...
- iamlucky13 said Exposure to copper can also kill MRSA, and it is s...
- Dienekes said THIS: The best single thing would be to get the go...
- Maltese said I have a very good friend who’s not just gay...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To Dennis Martin’s observations about the ...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday of Holy Week
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Tolerance is over
- Foot washing on Holy Thursday. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Spem in allium
- Whan That Aprille Day 2015
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday of Holy Week – UPDATED
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s blessings by telephone
- ASK FATHER: Mini homilies at the beginning of Mass
- ASK FATHER: Communion twice on Good Friday?
- Just Too Cool: Time Lapse video of decorating a church for Easter
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Oremus Pro Pontifice
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly recite any duly approved prayer for the Supreme Pontiff (e.g., the Oremus pro Pontifice):
V. Let us pray for our Pontiff, Pope Benedict.
R. May the Lord preserve him, and … Continue reading
When there is no Pope, priests and bishops have to pay attention during the Eucharistic Prayer to omit the name of the Pope.
I received a question today:
If we are still Sede Vacante on Good Friday, is the intercession … Continue reading
Apparently some Islamic group said that the Pope would be an “easy target”, and so security has been increased.
Security was considerably increased in the Vatican yesterday after direct threats against the Holy Father were made in a recently-released video … Continue reading
Say a prayer today for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, whose birthday it is today.
The Holy Father is 84 years old.
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly recite any … Continue reading
I want to try an experiment. Virtual Prayer for Pope Benedict. “Oremus pro Pontifice nostro Benedicto!”
I have a recording of the Prayer for the Pope on the Z-Cam’s live stream. It rotates through the playlist. But I make the responses … Continue reading
The Holy Father is clearly feeling the heavy burden of his office.
Let us all pray more frequently for the Holy Father and remind others to do the same.
From the the Enchiridion of Indulgences, #25:
A partial indulgence is granted to … Continue reading
REQUEST: If you have ordered or received some of these buttons or mugs, etc., could you send photos? Also, send a note if any of these has started or helped a conversation!
In light of the attacks on … Continue reading
In light of the attacks on Pope Benedict which are sure to continue in the media, I thought it would be a good idea to pray more frequently for the Holy Father and to help you remind others to do … Continue reading
A friend here in NYC gave me one of the "Oremus pro Pontifice" small buttons!