- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Jim of Bowie said Listened. Thank you.
- Rachel K said Always sounds like the speaker is asking a questi...
- Hank Igitur said “Upspeak” indicates a request for appr...
- bernadettem said Every Ordinariate priest I know wears a cassock wh...
- JacobWall said We are all language chameleons. By nature, langua...
- Alex S. said The size of their sample group was twenty three pe...
- The Sicilian Woman said I upchuck at the thought of uptalk.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan, I will believe those days have gone by when...
- av8er said Our pastor has a “style” to deliver a...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, I know the Archbishop of whom y...
- av8er said The new priest assigned to the base chapel where I...
- majuscule said This is, like, something I’ve been aware of...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan The married priesthood has nothing to do wit...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, it actually isn’t suppres...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Our sermon today was on the dogma of the Immaculat...
- Christine Niles said I like your hypothetical responses to this deacon,...
- Patrick L. said Listened. Thanks, Father.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan What I take issue with is that there are peo...
- AgricolaDeHammo said Hmm I just learned something new! I only learned t...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan, When the Vatican suppresses married men fro...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, Seriously? Do you forget that i...
- Nancy D. said http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-pl...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, it is pretty clear that since t...
- Mr. Green said I agree with Lori Pieper and others that Shaw̵...
- Joe of St Thérèse said When I went to the TLM at St Therese in Alhambra,...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Uxixu It is not enforced because to do so would...
- Joe of St Thérèse said I’m with you subdeacon Joseph…let us n...
- Uxixu said @Subdeacon No need to be so defensive as context...
- tzard said This is case of someone being a busybody. It sho...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “De gustibus non disputandum” (with va...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: parishes
From a reader:
If one has been a particular parish for 40 odd years and now just because he has moved to a new place, bought a house and so comes under the jurisdiction of another parish, wants to continue coming to old parish … Continue reading
Jesus did not found your parish.
Our Lord personally founded the Catholic Church and promised that she would prevail against the forces of Hell. He did not promise that the Enemy would not prevail where you live. He made no promises … Continue reading
From a reader:
It seems from parish to parish many have the custom after the closing prayer when announcements are given to ask new families or visitors to stand up and introduce themselves. It can add a bit more time to … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap, their elder-dissenter Richard McBrien posted a column about shifts in Mass attendance. He works from a study about the “‘Supersizing’ the U.S. Catholic Parish Life” conducted by the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m curious about traditional parishes (both those which exclusively use the 1962 liturgical books and those which would self-identify as a traditional parish) and adult converts in the US. I don’t have the official documents ready at hand, … Continue reading