Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Legisperitus said The unfortunate thing about the Quote that WonR...
- IntroiboAdAltareDei said Pax in Maria. @Hank Igitur, I was curious to kno...
- excalibur said It is amazing to see how much fasting has been rem...
- OrthodoxChick said Are we doing this again?? For those who don’...
- wmeyer said …and with my typos, it’s well that I d...
- Bob B. said @robtbrown It was a long war. I was on a 30-day l...
- wmeyer said Chcken, it is the most common error made with my n...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Joe in Canada, Thanks! Masked Chicken, Do you know...
- oldCatholigirl said I know I’m probably too late to defend my fi...
- Chon said Sword40, yes, it would be great to have such a par...
- oldCatholigirl said Presumably its all about getting government benefi...
- Rachel K said Praying for you now Fr Z.
- Polycarpio said There was a great story on CNS about Archbishop Sa...
- kevinm said Thank you Father… Kevin
- Sword40 said Chon, I’m really glad that Holy Rosary is in...
- juventutemDC said THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, your Grace! We...
- Mike said A Hail Mary each for you and for Cardinal George.
- The Masked Chicken said wmeyer, Sorry for the extra s. My comment reading...
- McCall1981 said This part is very intriguing: “I speak to pe...
- Kathleen10 said Nice explanation of the Holy Father’s words....
- letchitsa1 said I agree with cloobie. Also, I wonder…even ci...
- Supertradmum said Sorry about your troubles. Hope you are healthy. I...
- Mike said Thank you, Father. Under IE11 on Windows 7, the p...
- Eric said Muskrat. The other yellow meat.
- SteelBiretta said @JaneC: That show should be called “Wrecko...
- VexillaRegis said “Are you saying you have fantasies about coo...
- acardnal said I actually recalled this interview, which I read y...
- robtbrown said Bob B, My class lost 5 in Viet Nam. Two were Br...
- JaneC said @SteelBiretta: “Vatican Pickers” coul...
- SteelBiretta said @JaneC: EWTN should totally do this. I could env...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Tag Archives: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
The First Gay President and his minions such as Doctrix of the Church Nancy Pelosi got the Affordable Care Act passed… so that we could know what is in it.
As you may know, if you decide to pay the penalty… … Continue reading
Have you seen the Virtual Vigil for Religious Liberty?
You can virtually attend a rally. BUT… BUT… you have to PRAY too, right?
Prayer for the Protection of Religious Liberty
O God our Creator, through the power and working of your Holy Spirit, you … Continue reading
It seems that, in some convoluted way, Obamacare was somewhat upheld by the Supreme Court.
That means that the law under which the the Obama Administration’s “HHS mandate” is still a threat to our religious liberty.
Here is a place to … Continue reading
Bishops Renew Plea To Congress And Administration To Repair Affordable Care Act
[My emphases and comments.]
June 28, 2012
Supreme Court decision does not address fundamental flaws in the law
Legislation still needed to fix conscience, abortion funding, immigration problems
WASHINGTON—Today the United States Supreme … Continue reading
“c”atholics United: Who runs the dissident group politicizing the HHS mandate issue and fighting the US bishops?
Catholics United is politicizing the HHS mandate issue.
A reader sent an article from the Baltimore Sun about the opening Mass for the Fortnight for Freedom. I am sure you have read about that elsewhere, so I will only point out … Continue reading
The excellent Becket Fund for Religious Liberty has a great timeline on their site about the HHS mandate, along with a detailed list of plaintiffs against the Obama Administration.
HHS Mandate Timeline:
August, 2011, Federal government issues a regulation requiring that all group … Continue reading
A Catholic casualty in Pres. Obama’s war on the First Amendment: Franciscan University in Steubenville
Pres. Obama – whom Newsweek calls “The First Gay President” – and his administration are actively undermining not only our societal mores, but also our First Amendment rights.
His administration’s HHS mandate is an attack on religious liberty, for it would … Continue reading
In light of the current circumstances we face as Catholics, as people of all faiths, and as American citizens, this is excerpted from the Good Friday intercession prayers in the Ordinary Form:
IX. For those in public office
Let us pray also … Continue reading