You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Bob B. said Unfortunately, I have been to quite a few of the L...
- Katylamb said I wouldn’t be very comfortable at either one...
- BLB Oregon said –”What did we expect? 40 years of bad...
- iPadre said Is the second the Baptist Ordinariate? Please forg...
- albinus1 said One of the sisters is a former student of mine. G...
- PAT said Introduction to the Extraordinary Form Mass with F...
- Dave N. said Sadly, this mess (and several new ones) just conti...
- wanda said Ha! That was and still is one of my favorite comi...
- joecct77 said There are some weddings that are a 3 ring circus.
- Sandy said southernpriest, that was a beautiful comment! Mot...
- gambletrainman said pelerin: Speaking of angels on skateboards, did yo...
- southernpriest said Just watched the videos and had several reactions....
- discipulus said I believe the celebrant Auxiliary Bishop in the LA...
- jasoncpetty said that wasn’t a female priest, that was a Bishop’s B...
- pelerin said Fr G – now I’ve seen it all – an...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: I don’t know what to do with such Sc...
- OrthodoxChick said I’ve never seen that before – too funn...
- mairead said Fr G that was horrific !
- APX said The first time I watches this my dog was alive and...
- ppb said wmeyer and Father G: okay, you’ve convinced...
- APX said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Will D. said Hardly a fair comparison. Good Friday, a day of gr...
- acardnal said LOL. You’re right, Father. It’s stil
- JohnE said The Orthodox liturgy looks solemn and reverent and...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said Jeannie_C and Catholic Coffee — I think we...
- Father G said There is a sequel to this video: http://www.youtub...
- Catholicman44455 said Does anyone care whether having girls serve at the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It wasn’t all that bad. And we learn to rol...
- CatholicCoffee said Sorry to hear you were down, Fr. Today is Mary Hel...
- chantgirl said Jeannie_C – To be honest the Mass in LA does...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
1 April… and I’m not foolin’.
Pres. Obama isn’t foolin’.
The US bishops are NOT foolin’ either.
Biretta tip: Sword of Peter!
Technorati Tags: 1st Amendment, HHS, HHS mandate, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, POTUS, Pres. Obama, religious liberty, USCCB
The artist Daniel Mitsui, in his newsletter, indicates that he has new art, including a representation of the Glorious Mysteries (a nice gift to a priest after Easter) and – this really caught my eye – the Four Last Things!
I … Continue reading
From the Catholic Sentinel:
US bishops set March 30 as day of prayer, fasting for religious liberty
Catholic News Service
WASHINGTON — The U.S. bishops have urged Catholics and “all people of faith” across the nation to observe March 30 as a day … Continue reading
Some music to accompany my preliminary rant. Read while listening.
I have seen sharp criticisms launched by lay people against bishops whom they accuse of being weak in the public debate about Pres. Obama’s attacks on the religious liberty of … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
Pres. Obama lied to Card. Dolan. Don’t forget that.
Time and time again the White House makes sounds using words that, to reasonable, rational speakers of the English language mean one thing, but actually mean something else.
Again, I come back to … Continue reading