"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Clinton R. said Like voiceinthewilderness, I too remember Jimmy Fa...
- Philippa Martyr said A truly Christian person would be warmed at this,...
- Philippa Martyr said Early smirk! Ma gast ees flabbeured.
- CharlesG said Heh. There’s one Hollywood type who didn...
- voiceinthewilderness said Bill Murray and Jimmy Fallon should team up to hel...
- Cradle Catholic said The latest link posted seemed to work. Thanks, Ph...
- SaintJude6 said Marcelus, It is only a bad answer if you choose to...
- Liz said I love your photos and commentary. I’m getti...
- stephen c said Well said, Father Z, in every respect. I continue...
- marcelus said ” What can Francis do to tame some of this o...
- Woody said Thank you for posting the text of the National Vow...
- jhayes said Yesterday one of you readers gave me a good lead o...
- Philippa Martyr said Here’s a link to the “How to Help” link on the Sil...
- frsbr said Years ago, I stayed at the Benedictine guest house...
- Unwilling said I am glad Fox (and you?) removed the “Yes...
- Kathleen10 said All that good stuff got condensed down to one sent...
- Charles E Flynn said The “Here” link to PayPal is not worki...
- majuscule said Here’s a link to the “How to Help̶...
- Rachel K said Have you tried the ice cream from Bertillon on Ile...
- majuscule said I have given in the past and will give again. Wish...
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I want to recount a miracle for your Miracle...
- Rachel K said Oranger should say Orangerie
- Rachel K said I was privileged (blessed) to live in. Paris for s...
- The Cobbler said Considering pews are (or so I’ve been told)...
- The Cobbler said “When Henry VIII split with Rome, all kinds...
- AnnTherese said Suburbanbanshee: I’m glad these new prayers...
- DamianF said I”m in need of some clarification: In the e...
- TomG said Patti Day: Neither was I.
- Amateur Scholastic said cwillia1 is quite right. Equal opportunities law a...
- Mgoog said Is this it http://www.laprocure.com/
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
- Card. Sarah: Worst discrimination against poor is not to give them God
- MAGISTER: “words and gestures left purposely vague”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Patrick O’Brian
And so we begin another trip. New author, too!
I wonder if he will hold even a candle to Patrick O’Brian. I hope he ain’t a slubberdegullion or a blatteroon.
Time for the next leg.
This is starting out to be pretty strange.
I … Continue reading →
As most of you readers know, I am fond of Patrick O’Brian’s Aubrey/Maturin series.
In Reverse of the Medal (the 11th ) we find some comments about Jesuits and their schools. Keep in mind that Dr. Maturin, a master of invective, is speaking … Continue reading →
A reader alerted me to this wonderful bit of lore on the blog Spitalfields Life. Enjoy this with a glass of negus, which it’s something Preserved Killick will know about.
Nowadays, we may celebrate Christmas with a glass or four of … Continue reading →
Since Stir-Up Sunday is upon us and it is time to make the Christmas Pudding, I thought consult in advance with some of you who have experience. I made one last year, of course. It was wonderful. I shared it … Continue reading →
This is for your Just Too Cool folder. BBC reports:
Admiral Cochrane artefacts go on display for first time
The life of an admiral who inspired the character Jack Aubrey, portrayed in the film Master and Commander, is to form an … Continue reading →
This is rather cool.
The Diocese of Westminster has on its site the news that the Archbishop of Westminster received the Freedom of the City of London.
The Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster has received the Freedom of the City … Continue reading →
A scene from The Fortune of War (6th in the series), which includes the wonderful word “gowk”.
At this time our friends Capt. Aubrey, Dr. Maturin and some of the crew from HMS Leopard are on their way back to England … Continue reading →