- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Sonshine135 said “I married Him so I could fix Him”
- TNCath said 1. Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves (and...
- wolfeken said What a terrific idea. Now this is humility. Cardi...
- ASD said None in the World, in honor of the book that inaug...
- ghp95134 said Well, it can’t be “March of the Pengui...
- Joseph-Mary said Being a regular penitent and often going between t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Hmmm. There are A LOT, and I mean A LOT, of issues...
- McCall1981 said “A Confederacy of Nunces”
- Timbot2000 said A stole worthy of Saruman!
- ghp95134 said Fr. Z sez: Lastly, a moment of embarrassment does...
- yatzer said I don’t understand German, but the music was...
- LadyMarchmain said Vecchio: This is interesting. My very first thou...
- marthawrites said This question reminds me of when I was in a grade...
- disco said We’ve had the Bux protocol on Cardinal Schon...
- Papabile said I will generally never go to confession in my own...
- Vecchio di Londra said When the priest said ‘This shouldn’t b...
- iPadre said Fine outside of Mass, but this is a sacrilege. On...
- Wiktor said @Robbie: One stole to rule them all!
- McCall1981 said Do these people truly, honestly believe this was a...
- J_Cathelineau said Dios mío…
- dcs said That’s true, but hardly anybody does hard wiring a...
- acardnal said I think this is an excellent idea which I support....
- Pastor Bonus said At worst blasphemous at best irreverent, someone r...
- Glennonite said I couldn’t see the Blessed Sacrament; was it...
- Andrew said I don’t get this: are these the virgins about to b...
- Giuseppe said Ah, the rainbow stole. (I did enjoy Sister Act the...
- robtbrown said Mr Green says, …except for this. I don’t think the...
- Ben Kenobi said “the disaster that is Obamacare lies squarel...
- The Astronomer said When the inmates run the asylum, are we surprised...
- McCall1981 said A liberal Priest at my local parish (who is in his...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday?
- ADVENTCAzT 15: 3rd Sunday of Advent – True love calls sin “sin”.
- Pope Francis: Women must not be clericalized!
- Fr. Z on Fr. Hunwicke on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Paulus Institute
[Watch this for updates. Apparently there is something after the Pontifical Mass that may conflict for some people.]
Since there is going to be a Pontifical Mass (Usus Antiquior) at Old St. Mary’s in Washington DC. (5th and H Sts. NW), this … Continue reading
I received a press release from the nice people who organized the Pontifical Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception a few years ago, the Paulus Institute:
St. Mary Mother of God Church to host Mass in honor of … Continue reading
Happy Birthday to Bp. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, OK! His Excellency turned 71.
We have featured His Excellency on this blog several times. None, however, was more memorable than his stunning sermon at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a great fan of your blog and I learn a lot on a regular basis.
However, I am new to WDTPRS- have you in the past given tips and hints on how to start out in the … Continue reading
A great deal of interest has been expressed in a DVD of the Pontifical Mass celebrated on 24 April in Washington, DC for the anniversary of Pope Benedict’s pontificate.
As far as I know, this project is going ahead. The organizers … Continue reading
Remember! If you liked the broadcast of the Pontifical Mass on EWTN, be sure to thank the Paulus Institute.
From the Paulus Institute:
DVD, Photographs of Pontifical Solemn High Traditional Latin Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The … Continue reading