HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chuck4247: Thank you @acardnal
- acardnal: Chuck4247, you must read ALL of Fr Z’s posts. See his June 9 post.
- Chuck4247: I really like that last photo. What was it from?
- Diana: This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it! I have two young seminarian s in my familyR 11;my two dear nephews 211;and I try to pray for them as much as I can! I’m passing this...
- Fr Martin Fox: With Trinity Sunday coinciding with FatherR 17;s Day, I chose to talk about divine fatherhood and how it is revealed in human fatherhood . That meant emphasizin g the importa...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: I watched all five episodes of *Chernobyl .* It’s a superbly-c rafted docu-drama . Without too much fear of spoiling, I would point out that some scenes are shatte...
- Deacon Greg Kandra: Thank you for noticing my post! Please note: I wasn’ ;t the one who said the Mass was concelebra ted. I was quoting and excerpting the original posting at the Diocese of...
- Gaetano: We must always remember that certain seminary staff have worked long and hard to make their students profoundly ignorant. It is no accident.
- Spinmamma: The main point, as I understood it, of our homily was that the trinity is a mystery, but that it can to a degree be understood by the human mind it terms of the relationsh ips of the...
- John Pomeroy: We were taught that the Trinity is a dad and son playing catch with a football in the sanctuary. SERIOUSLY. IN THE SANCTUARY. DURING MASS. By our diocese 217;s Judicial Vicar of...
- Sue in soCal: Done.
- Roy Hobbs: IIRC, this is the same bishop featured in the video below, who less than two months ago, refused communion to those kneeling. https://yo utu.be/Bkx KpXfmbyc
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Perhaps someone is over analyzing this!
- Magnificat13: I’d be glad to help Fr. Z. I’m an IT profession al with experience in servers, app and tools developmen t and support. I have done a good amount of work in Wordpress as well and...
- Fern: Yes, Amen! The reality is that those in command are simply waiting for those of us who remember to pass on and that won’ t be long. We know that God wins in the end but it is sad to see...
- Semper Gumby: Amen.
- Semper Gumby: Samuel Gregg in a 2016 article at Public Discourse: “Tho se who write the histories of the twenty-fir st century will, I suspect, list an address delivered at a German univers...
- Semper Gumby: From Benedict XVI’ s 2006 Regensburg Address: “The decisive statement in this argument [over the Bible and the Koran between Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus and an...
- samwise: @Donald Wachtel: very much appreciate that reference from Avery Dulles! I met him in high school and learned his Filioque arguments, etc but I never came across that quote before about...
- Amante de los Manuales: Fr. Z: “the following heresies 8221; But if we are only likening the Holy Trinity to the above things analogical ly, then there should be no problem, no? [Well...
- Sanguszka: The correct plural is gins and tonic. The gin is measured as a quantity per glass (though probably not measured in a Catholic home) and therefore is plural; whereas the tonic is added ad...
- hwriggles4: One takeaway that I remember from the Sunday evening Mass I attended (I went to a different parish this week) was the deacon mentioned the structurin g of the readings. The first...
- Malkia: May God bless you Fr Z and Our Lady of Consolatio n hold you close.
- Alice: Somehow our family managed to hear two Trinity Sunday sermons without any Bad Analogies or accidental heresies. Our Deacon was meditating on the Trinity as an outpouring of love between the...
- Sue in soCal: What do you think of “the Trinity is a community& #8221; comparison ? That was the homily at the church we attended Sunday.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Trinity Sunday 2019 Sermon Notes and the “Trinitini” martini
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
- Great concelebration photos during Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage
- Your Pentecost Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: DXing and Vatican call sighting, and Vatican Radio LATIN news program
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s warp and weft hold true
- “Why should I send somebody in my place to be killed?”
- DAY 9 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- DAY 8 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: persecution
Do you remember what the late Card. George of Chicago said about future, successor bishops? George Weigel makes a connection is a recent piece. Makes you think. […] The acceleration of Cardinal George’s prediction of cardinals-in-jail should also give pause … Continue reading
Occasionally a friend of mine in England makes weekend adventures to visit sites where there are preserved “priest holes”, and he sends photos. They really give you pause. As you know, in the 16th and 17th centuries, Catholics who refused … Continue reading
I would like to be able to write like Anthony Esolen every day. His latest, at the increasingly useful Crisis, is not to be missed. Most of us who are paying attention to the signs of the times, know that something … Continue reading
From a reader in the Diocese of Charlotte, in North Carolina. Hey Father, On Respect Life Sunday, our newly instituted minor seminary[!] in the Charlotte Diocese (St. Joseph) [NC] took their 8 seminarians and recited a rosary in front of … Continue reading
I warmly direct the priestly and episcopal readership here to These Stone Walls, the blog of Fr. Gordon MacRae, an innocent priest unjustly jailed. He has a deeply moving and poignant post today which I won’t try to summarize or … Continue reading
Our religious liberties are not to be taken for granted. I sometimes consider what I might do when they come for priests and bishops who continue faithfully to preach Catholic doctrine fully. When my mind goes down this dark track, … Continue reading
Life Site picked up on something that my friend Msgr. Charles Pope posted on his blog. HERE You should see this. Here is a mere sample: It is rare that a respected segment of American life would become vilified and … Continue reading
Okay… this is going to be hard. From a seminarian: I am currently a ___ year seminarian attending ___ . antecently, a new ‘policy’ was adopted here: all must receive Holy Communion standing. The Holy See has made it absolutely clear that we all have … Continue reading
In your goodness, will you stop and, right now, say a prayer for a cleric who is going through some ecclesiastical … there’s no other way to put this… persecution of the liberal sort. It’s as nasty as I have … Continue reading
This is a public service announcement. I prefer to be kind about Christian movies. That said, save yourself some irritation. The newly released “Persecuted” isn’t good. “Persecution” addresses a theme which I think is real: there is/will be persecution of … Continue reading
From the NY Daily News: Colorado baker ordered to serve gay couples vows to stop making wedding cakes This takes the cake. A Colorado baker has pledged to stop making wedding cakes after his state’s Civil Rights Commission ordered him … Continue reading
NRO has this piece, which is spot on: Thought Police on Patrol No longer trying to win the debate, the Left is trying to stop debate altogether. By Charles Krauthammer Two months ago, a petition bearing more than 110,000 signatures was … Continue reading
The Fishwrap‘s solitary boast, the nearly ubiquitous John L. Allen, Jr., has good text on (inter alia) the persecution of Christians – a topic on which he is über-credible. He includes comments made by Card. Turkson. This deserves your attention: … Continue reading
While parts of Paris are enjoying long summer nights of car burning and rioting (HERE), Islamists are kidnapping Christian girls for resale purposes. A story from Persecution.org Christian Girls Being Snatched By Islamist Traffickers ICC Note: The recent political developments … Continue reading
Biretta tip to Pewsitter for this. As I have been saying, we are going to see a lot more of this. Colorado Baker Faces Year in Jail for Refusing to Make Cake for Gay Wedding According to attorney Nicolle Martin, … Continue reading