Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- acardnal said Grateful to be Catholic, know problem. I mean NO...
- Grateful to be Catholic said What I really meant to say, acardnal, before the a...
- Elizabeth D said People may want to see this really interesting pos...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Patience, acardnal. Your app will get it right ev...
- oldconvert said For a minute there I thought I had clicked on the...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Byers is the best (anyway he is a most fascinat...
- frjim4321 said “You really think lowering the age of consen...
- rafferju said thanks Saintjude6 saved me from having to reply al...
- SaintJude6 said frjim, It’s pretty laughable that you try to...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Tony P, yes, we all know all about that. The Chris...
- frjim4321 said [It doesn’t surprise me that you react in this way...
- Gratias said Thank you Father Z for this teaching.
- acardnal said . . .or “preparatory”
- acardnal said “Predatory” should read prepatory abov...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination o...
- acardnal said The diocesan newspaper here has been printing a se...
- gracie said Every Synod needs a patron saint! St. John the Ba...
- jm said Frank Sheed’s translation counts Peter Kreef...
- robtbrown said FrAnt says: When will progressives realize that 10...
- frjim4321 said “Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination...
- acardnal said The pre-synod seminars and conferences occurring i...
- FrAnt said When will progressives realize that 100% of their...
- Cajetan said So from this “catholic” publication we...
- IoannesPetrus said So—especially as DonL brings up the significance o...
- DonL said Gosh, todays readings about John the Baptist being...
- pray4truth said Not to detract from the whole article, Fr. Z, but...
- lmgilbert said “There must be factions among you in order t...
- Scott W. said “Reducing abortions” is code, and not...
- KAS said Ah yes, put the Nazi’s in charge of saving J...
- Tricia said It has ALWAYS been about getting to the children.
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (27)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (24)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (20)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: persecution
Because of my travel and the need for a little down time, I didn’t do much with the Holy Father’s visit to Lebanon. However, a few things have come to mind after some recent conversations and some reading. First, even … Continue reading
The US State Department is run by the surrogates of The First Gay President, Mr. Obama, and they take his order. Maybe religious liberty is not a human right after all? From CNS: State Department Purges Religious Freedom Section from … Continue reading
I have been waiting for the video of the closing “liturgy” of the L.A. Three Days of Darkness … Religious Ed Congress. In looking for it, I found a video of a talk by my friend the nearly ubiquitous John … Continue reading
The 2005 Roman Martyrology has this entry: 7. Londinii in Anglia, sancti Nicholai Owen, religiosi e Societate Iesu et martyris, qui multos annos latebras pro sacerdotibus condendis exstruxit, quapropter sub Iacobo rege Primo incarceratus et gravissime tortus, demum in eculeum … Continue reading
A reader sent me this. It contains comments made by His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago. In 2010, Cardinal Francis George of Chicago outlined the degree to which he believed religious freedoms (in the United States and other … Continue reading
Archd. of New York’s particular law forbidding Catholic ministers any participation in same sex “marriage”
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, author of a useful book on “annulments” (paperback and Kindle) has posted at his excellent blog In The Light Of The Law about particular laws for the Archdiocese of New York issued by Archbishop … Continue reading
Nolite mirari fratres si odit vos mundus. Wonder not, brethren, if the world hate you. 1 John 3:13 In Madrid during WYD the were no lack of twisted, benighted wing-nut protesters harrassing the pilgrims and young people. One of the … Continue reading
What will happen in this regard worldwide, I wonder? From CNA: Vietnamese blogger arrested for challenging media distortions of Pope’s speech Hanoi, Vietnam, Sep 1, 2009 / 02:56 am (CNA).- A blogger who was defending the Church against the state … Continue reading