Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Geoffrey: “But who made McCarrick a cardinal? JPII, isn’t it? What did he know about McCarrick? We need to know what JPII knew and if he knew of McCarrick’ s misdeeds, we need to know why he...
- Gab: “St. Anthony tried to preach to the people about their heresy, but they wouldn’t listen. So he went to the shore and thousands of fish came to the water’s edge arranged in neat rows with...
- JGavin: Chuck ludd It is always a time to pray. Think of explaining yourself as perpetrato r to Him who died for your sins? Think of how the actions of the perpetrato r jeopardize d the faith of...
- Kennedy: I was in France last year for about 10 days. I was very impressed with the devotion of the people in the churches I visited. Even in the ones that were tourist hubs, there were always...
- Spinmamma: Although the desecratio n of the Eucharist, and the horrible murder of the elderly priest is by far more serious, the potential loss of FranceR 17;s magnificen t Gothic cathedrals is...
- monstrance: Excellent security systems with cameras and video have become quite reasonably priced. Have it linked to local law enforcemen t for immediate response. No excuses 230;
- AA Cunningham: I have been following Catholic media for a long time, and nobody ever hinted that McCarrick was hinky in any way beyond the general liberal interpreta tion of theology… Until recen...
- excalibur: Father Z, thanks for this recommenda tion. I recommend the Robert Sungenis work on ‘The Book of Genesis 217;. It deals with chapters 1 through 11, and is volume 4 of his Study...
- excalibur: There is no compromise with Mohammedan ism, which practition ers of that political system prefer we call ‘Isl am’. Islam means submission . Those who refuse to learn from...
- Chuck Ludd: It is not a time to gloat, but a time to pray.
- Kathleen10: Fr. Z. I really enjoy your food adventures . I love cooking and baking and should do more of it. I love the food posts because they are such a welcome momentary break from all the rest....
- Luminis: St Therese of Lisieux pray for us!
- JGavin: I think this is killing the chicken to scare the monkey. A cleaning from top to bottom is needed.Who knew what and when. There is still the aroma of obfuscatio n and not fessing up. I also...
- Gab: Aeterne rerum omnium … O God, who bringest all things into existence, remember that the souls of unbeliever s have been called into existence by Thee, and that they have been made after...
- Gab: Okay, NOW I believe it.
- veritas vincit: WmHesch: ‘1) McCarrick has not been expelled from the Franciscan order… so presumably he would be “Brother McCarrick” ’ As far as I can tell, particular ly from his...
- JARay: Long before Islamists appeared in France there were signs of hatred towards the Church. It is over 50 years since I saw a gutted chicken and its blood smeared across the entrance of a...
- Michael Haz: It’s a start. As much as I hate to say it, there it is. The question (for me, at least) is whether this was a bone thrown to the faithful to get us to shut up about the laven...
- The Astronomer: The Lavender Mafia has thrown one of their own (who no longer serves any real useful purpose to them) under the bus in a cosmetic attempt to show “see , we’r e DOING...
- Semper Gumby: JesusFreak 84: Militant secularist s (and the occasional occultist) have previously been involved in church attacks. So have other Islamist groups besides ISIS. Well done with your...
- Justalurkingfool: IF, as Fr. Kelly suggests Dementia has already affected Cardinal McCarrick, then this is OUTRAGEOUS LY VINDICTIVE because, regardless of the depravity of his long life, he is now...
- matt from az: What is to stop Uncle Ted from going over to the CofE or the Episcopal Church and injecting their bishops with valid holy orders? Would he not be able to confer valid but illicit...
- Fr. Kelly: for those speculatin g about whether McCarrick will speak out, from the time the New York “Cre dible Accusation s” were made public this past summer, it was noted in reports...
- teomatteo: I live outside of Detroit and a member of the DIA. A few years ago the DIA had an exhibit of ‘The Portraits of Van Gogh” ; They had about 25 portraits that he did (not just of...
- HobokenZephyr: Is t dismissal from the clerical state the penalty for Solicitati on in the Sacrament of Confession , notwithsta nding the “other” matters? I thought that was the biggest of the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
- Another look at Catholic/Islamic statement: “diversity of religions … are willed by God in His wisdom”
- Your Good News
- “Rumors that a certain prelate threatens his orthodox priests with institutionalization or laicization are not rumors… they are truth”
- BREAKING: Rubrics and color-blindness
- Card. Kasper attacks Card. Müller who publicly proclaimed Catholic doctrine
- Thoughts about ‘ad orientem’ worship and priests being bullied
- How many baptist pastors are married?
- 10 February – St. José Sánchez del Río, Martyr
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Coda alla Vaccinara with digressions into Roman stuff, like a new old confraternity
- TRANS-NEPTUNIAN COMET APPROACHES EARTH
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PODCAzT 170: Card. Müller – Manifesto of Faith: “Let not your heart be troubled!”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Epiphany AND 5th Ordinary Sunday: Familial military or martial family?
- L’Affaire McCarrick: Soon to be “Mister”
- When winter gets reeeeeally long
- PODCAzT 169: Bp. Athanasius Schneider on “the only God-willed religion”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: pilgrimage
I haven’t seen many photos from the beautiful Pontifical Mass we had in the Basilica of St. Peter during the 2016 Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage. However, I spotted this video of the undersigned, acting as Deacon for the Mass. HERE ? Sequentia Sancti Evangelii … Continue reading
Have you ever heard of a “ley line”? These are straight lines that can be draw on a map linking both man made and natural sites that line up in a significant way. For example there is a Ley Line … Continue reading
The Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage in Rome is a great event. I hope to go as long as they are held. There is now a video documentary of last year’s experience with English subtitles. HERE There are high quality views of some of the … Continue reading
The procession and Pontifical Mass for the Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage was this morning. Here are some shots. I prayed for you, the readers here, my family, my friends, my confreres in Madison, the … gulp… Synod. Starting in S. Lorenzo … Continue reading
I want to bring to your attention the upcoming annual Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage to Rome 19-29 October. It is handled by Orbis Catholicus and my friend John Sonnen. I will be going, as chaplain. That means TLMs everyday and probably some … Continue reading
There is a German language video available about the recent Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage I participated in with a group of American and Canadian pilgrims. It has some good footage of the Pontifical Mass celebrated by His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke in … Continue reading
Pilgrimages are little lives. We encounter people, who have their own issues and goals. We find out things about ourselves. We have our faces set towards the goal. There are hardships. I saw this at nwi.com: Polish Catholic pilgrims march … Continue reading
At the site of The Remnant there is a piece which quotes the great Msgr. Nicola Bux on Pope Francis’ attitude about the older, traditional forms of the Roman Rite. Vatican Consultant Says Pope Will Not Hamper Traditional Latin Mass By … Continue reading
CNA/EWTN had a piece about the pilgrimage to Rome in thanksgiving for Summorum Pontificum. The undersigned was happy to be quoted. Pilgrims arrive in Rome to celebrate Latin Mass permission By Matthew A. Rarey Vatican City, Nov 2, 2012 / … Continue reading
Tomorrow, Saturday, 22 September, there will be a Pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini in New York City for a Solemn Mass at 10 AM (Missale Romanum 1962). The Shrine is located just south of the Cloisters Museum in … Continue reading
The liturgical eye-candy specialists at NLM have posted some great photos of the annual pilgrimage to Chartres Cathedral (for those of you in Fridley, that’s a big, pretty church in France). Sample. We need more processions. Anecdote: One … Continue reading
We are headed into a time of true spiritual warfare. The signs of this are thick in the air about us now. We would do well to get ourselves ready. We need good examinations of conscience, good confessions, good Communions – always GOOD … Continue reading
I was alerted about pilgrimage being arranged by Bishop Morlino of Madison. 12-23 February. Ash Wednesday is 22 February, this year. A chance to be in Rome and maybe even catch part of the Holy Father’s walk (or glide?) from … Continue reading