SHOPPING ONLINE? Christmas is not very far away…
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- abasham said I actually rather like the “no” vestme...
- KAS said If you are seeking beautiful fabrics, this company...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, Good William Walton music, too!
- Gerhard said Digress thou dost in all fairness. For in the tem...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The first Lyra Germanica edition – 1890 R...
- edm said That chasuble found “nearby” is actual...
- Venerator Sti Lot said It’s good to see him referring in footnote 6...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I’m grateful to have had a chance to sing hi...
- frjim4321 said I hope those are big pieces of garlic in the arrab...
- albinus1 said The speech given by the president (Bill Pullman) r...
- Thomas Sweeney said The trouble with modernism is that there is no anc...
- PTK_70 said @iamlucky13….I should bring this up with the...
- Kathleen10 said Time to come home perhaps. I read too, one of the...
- ChgoCatholic said Fr. Z: in addition to the Madison Catholic Herald...
- pannw said Earthquakes…Apparently it was a 6.1 in Visso...
- marianna331 said I read this article in its entirety on Rorate and...
- WEDNESDAY EXTRA | Big Pulpit said […] – C.N.S. via C.H. Trump is the Bet...
- joanofarcfan said And then there’s the awful change to “...
- Northern Ox said Not to add to the Bowdlerization problem, but I...
- iamlucky13 said Another ad orientem post to remind me: I need to f...
- ejcmartin said Meanwhile up the road in Canada our diocese “...
- rwj said Amen JabbaPapa! “this passage does not “subo...
- Cosmos said I don’t know enough about music to know why...
- Sword40 said Not a fan of Stravinsky, except for possibly a bit...
- cl00bie said Should they just get out? This brings me to a stor...
- Jack Orlando said Fr. Z: thank for mentioning Rudolf Otto. Does Kwa...
- Semper Gumby said This news item is great, and it’s reassuring...
- cl00bie said Since I began as reader (in preparation for my rol...
- Tom A. said Why must trads keep sniping at each other. The en...
- OldLady said The connection between the destruction of the eart...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Rome 2- Day 2 & 3: Cooking up vestments and victuals
- Flash back with Stravinsky’s Mass
- Peter Kwasniewski: Why tradition is important and reverence alone isn’t enough
- TORONTO: Upcoming Solemn Mass and Conference
- Wherein Fr. Z rants: Our worship, therefore our identity, needs orthotics.
- Card. Kasper: It’s a scandal to deny Communion to adulterers
- “Today is called the Feast of Crispian…”
- Libertarians unmasked!
- DePaul University Pres. Fr. Dennis Holtschneider prohibits ‘Unborn Lives Matter’ posters
- ROME 2 – Day 1: Exorcisms, guts, and Roman altars
- “Be Thou unto us, O Lord, a help when we go forward, a comfort by the way…”
- ASK FATHER: An old priest gets confused, hard to understand
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The war is here.
- Archbp. Chaput: a smaller Church of fewer believers rather than compromise orthodoxy
- Spiritual Super Powers: Monks of Norcia and Card. Sarah
- WDTPRS – 23rd Sunday after Pentecost: SNIP!
- ASK FATHER: Is a priest allowed to do the readings, or must a lay person do them?
- Wimple by Wimple in New Jersey
- Christmas isn’t too far away
- Contentions between liturgists and musicians: What to do?
- Fr. Murray on Hillary’s anti-Catholic distortions at Al Smith Dinner
- More Wikileaks emails about lib machinations tied to the Clinton campaign
- WDTPRS – 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “E ‘n la sua volontade…”
- UPDATE on Reginald Foster’s ‘Ossa Latinitatis Sola’ – Request for old Ludi Domestici
- Pius XI is back on the job after a nice vacation
- Archbp. Naumann on VP candidate and ‘c’atholic quisling Tim Kaine (D-VA)
- Venice Days 2-3: Bones, fabrics and views
- Benedict XVI commented again on turning toward the ‘East’ for liturgical worship
- ASK FATHER: Can the bishop forbid the cassock?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: Planned Parenthood
Radio show Vicki McKenna, the Rush of MadCity (aka Madison, WI, aka 78 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality), spoke on air the other day (final hour on 25 March) about a 911 call from a Planned Parenthood Big-Business Abortion clinic which severely injured … Continue reading
On the face of it, being threatened by Girl Scouts does sound like much. But, think it through: they can be mean! This makes you want to toss your cookies, from LifeNews: Girl Scouts USA Threatens LifeNews After Reporting Its … Continue reading
When will Canon 915 be applied in the case of pro-abortion Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi? It is not enough that she may, perhaps, from time to time, choose on her own not to go forward for Communion. It must be … Continue reading
I saw this on CNS (video link HERE): Martin Luther King’s Daughter: ‘Life Begins In a Woman’s Womb’ August 26, 2013 By Penny Starr (CNSNews.com) – Bernice King, the daughter of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said on Thursday … Continue reading
Pay attention to the language in “news” reports from the MSM. There is often a rhetorical battle being waged at the level of word choices. Background on the Wisconsin story HERE. From WaPo: Planned Parenthood, ACLU sue Wisconsin over abortion … Continue reading
Baby by baby. Talk about a new way of thinking about “emanations from penumbras”! From LifeSite: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Signs Bill for Ultrasound Before Abortion by Steven Ertelt Today, Governor Scott Walker signed Senate Bill 206 (Sonya’s Law) into … Continue reading
The MSM drooled all over itself when some barely known NBA player said he was a homosexual. Pres. Obama gave him a call. Ain’t that sweet? Will the MSM take up this story too? From the Washington Examiner. NFL champ … Continue reading
From The Washington Examiner: Nancy Pelosi: Kermit Gosnell case ‘really disgusting’ During her press conference this afternoon, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was asked if she was aware of the Kermit Gosnell case and asked whether Congress should hold hearings … Continue reading
I have found that when I place a question here to the readership, experts (and non-) come out of the woodwork. So, I put a question to the readers. Do you know what the situation is right now with the … Continue reading
When Pope Benedict announced his abdication, the heretical “catholics for Choice” issued a statement. I didn’t want to sully my hands with it but someone else got out the little plastic bag and did the dirty work. At the … Continue reading
Planned Parenthood is in the business of abortion. Big business abortion is the name of their game. Here is something I saw on the site of The Christian Post: Planned Parenthood Clinic Offers ‘Black Friday’ Discount for Birth Control, Abortions … Continue reading
This came to my email from the Dignitatis Humanae Institute: The much publicised claim of Planned Parenthood to not only provide abortions but also health services such as mammograms have been proven as false. Following President Obama’s repeated assertion of … Continue reading
Someone sent me the following: Having endorsed Planned Parenthood 5 times in the recent debate, Obama might as well have just declared: “I pledge allegiance to Planned Parenthood, headquartered in the USA, and to the republic of the Culture of … Continue reading
I subscribe to the plan of voting for the most conservative candidate who has a real chance to win. The candidate might not be perfect, but, as the young papist Tom Peters put it today, imperfect is better than evil. … Continue reading